🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
a-chan

Game of Thrones ( A song of ice and fire HBO adaptation)

That was the most horrible thing I've ever seen on TV. I exptected that they'd both die, but holy shit. I never want to see that episode ever in my life again.

HOLY SHIT! OK, I was watching the recap and the guy who writes/produces/directs it may have let something slip!

Listen to what he says at 8:50 onwards...

The fight scene so reminded me of the Movie The Princess Bride (sans the head exploding part) when The Red Viper is dancing around wanting his vengeance. Damn he had one job to do!!!!!!! It was really gross. I'm worried about Sansa though,. Loved Arya laughing at the hound when they told them her aunt was dead. And Peter is just perfection talking about beatles

Oh another thing, both The Mountain & The Red Viper died so why is Tyrion still condemned to die? It's a frickin tie!

^The Mountain is still not dead. Unfortunately, Oberyn talked too much.

But lots of surprises are still on our way this season people. Hold your breaths. If you think you were surprised for the past events of this season, you can't imagine what's about to come.

:nod:

The best will be in the next two episodes.

Oh I thought he had died too, thanks for the info vanesssarrent

i'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW

HE COULD HAVE KILLED HIM BUT NOOO HE IS A MAN AND HE HAS A EGO THE SIZE OF JUPITER AND NOW BECAUSE OF HIS EGO TYRION WILL DIE

ASSHOLE

I don't think it's fair to say that Oberyn died because of his ego. He should have killed him more quickly when he had him down, yes. But...I don't think it was ego that prevented him from doing so. He was a man with a hot, harsh personality. He loved his sister exceedingly and he wanted justice and for her murderer to admit his crimes. His logic in the heat of the battle was overcome by his emotions (the pain and rage).

Also, I LOVE Sansa Stark but I thought it was weird how obvious and in your face they made her at the end of this episode. She was always tough, a quick learner and an intriguing player in the politics of Westeros but then at the end they put her in a hot topic dark, severe dress and made her seem more sinister than I think she is? It's nice that they're showing her with more strength in an obvious way but maybe it was a little TOO in your face and more subtlety might have been stronger and more logical?

Can't be anymore gory than last weeks, so this must be the obligatory Roz Sexposition episode Ha!

I expected more from that episode :confused:

I think they wanted to go a similar route to the Battle of Blackwater Bay episode a while back (an episode entirely focused on a major battle just before the season finale). It was pretty strong I think and intense to watch, especially the Jon/Ygritte moment and shows Jon taking on a leadership role and rallying his brothers behind him which I think is important for his character's development. The cliffhanger with him at the end too sets up some interesting events for the finale I bet as well.

One thing this episode sort of lacked tho maybe was a little bit from an outside vantage point. In the Battle of Blackwater they showed the women (with Sansa and Cersei) within the castle and the tension experienced there to break up the action and violence of the battle a bit and I think something like that would have added to the episode a bit (but the circumstances and environment were different so that might not have been possible here)

We'll I was wrong , more gore, I also felt like this episode was a bit lagging, aside from that two faced Ygritte dying.

I think they wanted to go a similar route to the Battle of Blackwater Bay episode a while back (an episode entirely focused on a major battle just before the season finale). It was pretty strong I think and intense to watch, especially the Jon/Ygritte moment and shows Jon taking on a leadership role and rallying his brothers behind him which I think is important for his character's development. The cliffhanger with him at the end too sets up some interesting events for the finale I bet as well.

One thing this episode sort of lacked tho maybe was a little bit from an outside vantage point. In the Battle of Blackwater they showed the women (with Sansa and Cersei) within the castle and the tension experienced there to break up the action and violence of the battle a bit and I think something like that would have added to the episode a bit (but the circumstances and environment were different so that might not have been possible here)

Great post, I definitely agree that they focused a bit too much on just the battle (not that it was a bad thing).

Apparently next week's episode is going to be awesome.

I liked the last night episode. It was an important episode for Jon.

I cannot wait to see the episode next week. I'll see it at the movie theater :dance:

Oh I thought he had died too, thanks for the info vanesssarrent

You're welcome! :nice:

Quiet in the realm Bitches! Finale is on, Call it, whats going to happen?

Yeah I was disappointed that "the big thing" didnt happen. But I liked the episode. Can't wait what will be with Bran and The Children.

Tyrion vs Tywin how I have waited to see this.

The addition of Brienne vs The Hound was just awesome.

The omission of Coldhands is just crap :angry:

And why the hell didn't Brienne and Pod give Arya her bread direwolf from Hotpies. That was just rude. :P

Game of Thrones receives 19 Emmy nominations including Best Drama Series :vuvuzela::dazzled::loveshower:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Raise a glass & congratulate <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GameofThrones?src=hash">#GameofThrones</a>, Peter Dinklage, <a href="https://twitter.com/IAMLenaHeadey">@IAMLenaHeadey</a> & Diana Rigg on their <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Emmys?src=hash">#Emmys</a> nominations. <a href="http://t.co/No49d4Ymsx">pic.twitter.com/No49d4Ymsx</a></p>— Game Of Thrones (@GameOfThrones) <a href="https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/statuses/487224328917110784">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

^ that's a shit load of nominations, holy DAMN :stunned:

:dance:

hmmm Thalia can you see the embedded tweet? maybe I can't embed and have smilies?

Edit, never mind I fixed it :)

THIS IS NOT A SPOILER! I REPEAT THIS IS NOT SPOILER - just a fan theory From Buzzfeed

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/this-game-of-thrones-fan-theory-will-blow-your-mind

This "Game Of Thrones" Fan Theory Will Blow Your Mind

Who is REALLY Jon Snow’s mother? This changes everything. posted on July 16, 2014, at 9:55 p.m.

jennaguillaume-13892-1399265516-20_large.jpg Jenna Guillaume BuzzFeed Staff

Note: This is only a theory, so there’s no spoilers for the actual show or books. But if you’re really allergic to any hint of a spoiler then maybe proceed with caution.

So, you know Jon Snow? Commonly referred to as “Ned Stark’s bastard”. No idea who his mother is.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12437-1405559057-4.gif

HBO

Poor Jon Snow.

Turns out the secret of who his mother is could actually be very significant.

anigif_enhanced-10170-1405559919-1.gif

HBO

LOL THANKS NED.

anigif_enhanced-13064-1405559895-3.gif

HBO

In fact, guessing the identity of Jon Snow’s mother was actually the test George R. R. Martin gave David Benioff and D. B. Weiss when they asked if they could adapt his books into a show.

enhanced-buzz-14538-1405558470-14.jpg

Tim Whitby / Getty Images

(They guessed right, obviously).

Many fans believe the answer they gave was Lyanna Stark, Ned’s sister.

anigif_enhanced-30026-1405560424-1.gif

HBO

But before you freak out that this is another Jaime/Cersei situation, don’t worry - the theory goes that Ned is not actually Jon’s father, and that Rhaegar Targaryen is.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15670-1405560609-4.gif

HBO

Remember, Rhaegar was the one who kidnapped Lyanna, causing her fiancé Robert Baratheon to go to war, kill Rhaegar and become king.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31671-1405561859-7.gif

HBO

Lyanna died in the meantime, and Ned went home to Winterfell, after fighting alongside Robert, with a dead sister and a new baby.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10320-1405561100-6.gif

HBO

Surprise!

A baby who, according to the theory, he claimed as his own bastard to protect him from Robert and the Lannisters, who were killing Targaryens left and right.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29378-1405561241-10.gif

HBO

Watch this video by YouTuber Alt Shift X for an amazing rundown of all the evidence for this theory, as well as the potential implications.

Woah.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9745-1405561588-15.gif

HBO