🏆 VOTE ORPHANS AT THE MTV VMAS 🏆
Guest howyousawtheworld

Coldplay endorse 'Freedom for Palestine' single on Facebook

Guest howyousawtheworld

British music giants Coldplay have endorsed an upcoming musical collaboration called "Freedom for Palestine," released as a single by the War on Want and One World foundations.

0001268689_200.jpg

Writing on their official Facebook page on Wednesday, Coldplay referred fans to the "Freedom for Palestine" page, saying: Some of our friends are involved in OneWorld's new 'Freedom for Palestine' single," providing a link to the official "'Freedom for Palestine" website.

The single features a collaboration of several prominent U.K. musicians, such as Maxi Jazz and Dave Randall of the dance band Faithless, and Jamie Catto of 1 Giant Leap.

According to the "Freedom for Palestine" website, the project is supported by groups such as Palestine Solidarity Campaign, Jews for Justice for Palestinians, A Just Peace for Palestine, Friends of Al Aqsa, and more.

The project and its subsequent endorsement by Coldplay comes amid an ongoing debate on whether or not to impose a cultural boycott of Israel as a way to pressure Israel into striking a peace deal with the Palestinians.

While many artists have chosen to perform in Israel despite reported attempts to sway them from doing so, several have cancelled planned Israel shows, citing political pressure. The most prominent of those have been musical duo Leftfield, Elvis Costello, The Pixies, the late Gill Scott Heron, Santana, The Klaxons and the Gorillaz Sound System.

http://www.haaretz.com/culture/coldplay-endorses-freedom-for-palestine-single-on-facebook-page-1.365351

That said The Jewish Chronicle is reporting that they have upset Israeli fans of the band in the process here at:

http://www.thejc.com/news/israel-news/49730/israelis-disappointed-coldplay-back-palestine-song

So Coldplay getting political then. What do you think? Risky business indeed especially with an issue as sensitive as this one.

Well, they've been into some controversial stuff like Make Trade Fair since the very early days. And the risk here probably isn't that big. 99% of fans will never know. Of the 1%, generally speaking, those in Europe will support the decision, while a few in America might be upset. Israel's the only place where this will be news.

disgusting, i hate it when bands try to get involved in politics which are way beyond their realm, i dont know if any of you know what happend when u2 came to south africa... it never ends well. really disappointed in my band

before you bring up mtf, think about the stance this statement has taken. its not saying peace in the middle east or 2 state solution, its clearly pro palestine, therefore anti israel

I love the band get into politics ideas if not always to our liking what they say, really Chris has decided to be who he really is. Bravo Chris !!!!!!

"I've spent a lot of my life playing it a bit safe or conforming to something, even though I didn't agree with it.

"So I have respect and admiration for people who don't. ...(LP5) It's about being free to be yourself and to express yourself among negative surroundings - being able to speak out or follow your passion, even if everybody seems against it."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/3611857/Coldplay-set-for-a-bright-new-look.html#ixzz1O2rskiYj

Bravo Chris !!!!!!

I am so shocked that something so good

I can not handle myself ...

The truth is that harm us and destroy us Ahatroar organizations and kill lots of people

the soldier named Gilad Shalit

He was kidnapped 5 years ago is barely alive!

Very disappointed in them.

Unfortunately everyone and their dog seems to be clamouring to give their opinion on a conflict they probably know very little about.

Would they lend support to a song for the Kurds who are the world's largest stateless people? or how about a song condemning the illegal occupation of Northern Cyprus by Turkey?

Still, this will be yet more publicity and another political 'feather' in their cap.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I don't know if they'll be welcome in Israel anytime soon. I'd have preferred for them not to do this but they have so that is just that.

I am so shocked that something so good

I can not handle myself ...

The truth is that harm us and destroy us Ahatroar organizations and kill lots of people

the soldier named Gilad Shalit

He was kidnapped 5 years ago is barely alive!

Very disappointed in them.

Unfortunately everyone and their dog seems to be clamouring to give their opinion on a conflict they probably know very little about.

Would they lend support to a song for the Kurds who are the world's largest stateless people? or how about a song condemning the illegal occupation of Northern Cyprus by Turkey?

Still, this will be yet more publicity and another political 'feather' in their cap.

Guys, the Jewish people is the greatest on earth for the people they have given, but I think we need to find a solution to the horror, I do not know what it is, I have not thought about it. I always thought that Chris is Jew by his name and talent.

I'm so sorry for the pain that causes you, love, maria

I don't know if they'll be welcome in Israel anytime soon. I'd have preferred for them not to do this but they have so that is just that.

Israel is a very welcoming place. I was there on holiday for the first time last year. They love British music, but they will be disappointed that Coldplay didn't at least put their name to a song for peace or a two state solution rather than a headline grabbing pro-palestinian song which alienates a lot of people.

I was in Jerusalem and watched as every person from every faith and colour walked by in this bustling ancient city. Prior to 1967, Jews were barred from their holy sites.

So it's not all a one-sided story and a band like coldplay shouldn't be taking sides.

Guys, the Jewish people is the greatest on earth for the people they have given, but I think we need to find a solution to the horror, I do not know what it is, I have not thought about it. I always thought that Chris is Jew by his name and talent.

I'm so sorry for the pain that causes you, love, maria

Thanks.

Chris is not Jewish (VLV) but also his wife's father a Jew

That's what I know ...

It was wrong to do it.

I'm one of the greatest fans in Israel if not the biggest fan

Some comments from Israelis when I read the article they threw discs (VLV, X & Y. ..) away, cursed Coldplay half my life. My heart almost called today I hope they do not really intend to attack Israelis and really hope to see them in my country.

Thanks.

Chris is not Jewish (VLV) but also his wife's father a Jew

That's what I know ...

It was wrong to do it.

I'm one of the greatest fans in Israel if not the biggest fan

Some comments from Israelis when I read the article they threw discs (VLV, X & Y. ..) away, cursed Coldplay half my life. My heart almost called today I hope they do not really intend to attack Israelis and really hope to see them in my country.

Sure everything will go well, the surname Martin in Spain always has said it's of Jewish origin, I believe that neither he knows, but he is, is the same Garfunkel's phenotype!

I hope to go to Israel one day and be able to walk around the area all in peace!:kiss:

Sure everything will go well, the surname Martin in Spain always has said he is of Jewish origin, I believe that neither he knows, but he is, is the same phenotype Garfunkel!

I hope to go to Israel one day and be able to walk around the area all in peace!:kiss:

Are you sure Coldplay wrote it?

There are currently negotiating a show in effects be realized

Overall I've realized Chris the Israelis want peace and

Nobody wants war, neither side ...

But the reality is different and the terrorists are destroying us and murder us only recently they murdered a whole family ... I wish we all finally begin to understand people no matter religion, gender or origin.

Hope that in the end everything will work out and that everything will be good

Are you sure Coldplay wrote it?

There are currently negotiating a show in effects be realized

Overall I've realized Chris the Israelis want peace and

Nobody wants war, neither side ...

But the reality is different and the terrorists are destroying us and murder us only recently they murdered a whole family ... I wish we all finally begin to understand people no matter religion, gender or origin.

Hope that in the end everything will work out and that everything will be good

I don't know, ask to Oracle in this regard. I hope Friday music can comfort you a little and find meaning in his words, I give you a big hug, maria.

Look this is what they are doing to us is a child

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUR5HIHkYUs]YouTube - ‪Gilad Shalit in Captivity - First Video ENGLISH SUBTITLED ???? ???? ?????‬‏[/ame]

coldplay :( no no ....

Try to fix that this was a terrible mistake!

Keep calm please ..........There are a lot of pain for centuries and the only thing I try to do is not open more wounds

It is much harder than it looks I really feel bad now ...

I just can not not love Coldplay I'm connected to them but they hurt ... And after I found out I stayed almost alone

And they shall come no longer to my country

Well one day is not easy ...

Don't you think the source you referenced might be slightly biased?

I do not want to believe that Coldplay's music has in their type of political views with Israel against us you know they won the title of the band of the decade our main radio? You know half the people hate them now what should I do?

Don't you think the source you referenced might be slightly biased?

It's hard to be impartial with what they have been lived don't you think?

leave it here please.

My thoughts exactly. Dissapointing move.

This is quite surprising, as much as I love the band, I really don't think they should be involved in all this political stuff seeing as only the people who actually live in these places know what goes on and how it affects them. :\

This is quite surprising, as much as I love the band, I really don't think they should be involved in all this political stuff seeing as only the people who actually live in these places know what goes on and how it affects them. :\

By doing this I don't think Coldplay are saying they are against the Israeli people, I think they are saying they are against the actions of the Israeli government. I think they're right in doing this.