🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
Josh42

Coldplay: Greatest downfall in the history of music?

You are not that dumb not to understand that my point is not about the way people write, are you? If you want to play with words, you can keep posting long posts where you say absolutely nothing and i won't reply to you anymore.

I understand that you claim its nothing to do with what people write, but essentially it still is, if the topic starter had wrote "In my opinion this could be the biggest downfall in music history" and everyone since wrote "Yes I agree it is now the biggest disappointment, for me personally" then you wouldn't be crying about how everyone's talking about it as a fact, because as you irrelevantly pointed out, people are just giving their opinions. I don't even know what the hell you are bitching about exactly, and I don't think you do either.

Tried to make that as concise as possible for you.

You are not that dumb not to understand that my point is not about the way people write, are you? If you want to play with words, you can keep posting long posts where you say absolutely nothing and i won't reply to you anymore.

Reilly speak much more with me, because is his personal point of view.

the right of expression is very important .

I was just trying to be optimistic, unlike everyone else.

Is this what everyone wanted?

If it is, you guys just should have waited instead of jumping to conclusions...

YouTube - ‪Us Against The World - Coldplay live at Rock im Park in Nuremberg 2011‬‏

God, I LO\/E this song! Maybe ETIAW was underwhelming, but THIS song shows so much promise!

I don't think Coldplay is on a downward spiral. You can't judge a whole album based on one song. You just can't. Because if you did that, then e\/en the fa\/orite album, "Rush of Blood to the Head" would be awful to some. I adore that album, but I absolutely can't stand "A Whisper." But, I definitely do not discount that album solely based on my dislike for that one song.

It's almost treasonous to write off a band that you claim to be a fan of based on one song.

And to the person who mentioned that at least Radiohead's change of style was a good one......don't delude yourself. I know many fans that were underwhelmed with KoL and thought it didn't sound like Radiohead at all...more like a Thom Yorke solo album. I know many Radiohead fans that wish they would return to the days of OK Computer and The Bends, but just like Coldplay....they ha\/e e\/ol\/ed. Sometimes fans adapt and go with their bands on this new journey, and sometimes they don't. Both are okay.

I wasn't jumping out of my seat for ETIAW, but it was okay. I'm still looking forward to the whole album. I just won't discredit them based on one "okay" song.

I feel embarrassed by some "fans" responses, fair enough it's OK to dislike the song and voice that opinion but you're taking it a little far. Remember when Chris used to say we were the best fans in the world??

Coldplay are the best band in the world because they only release good music, compare that to other artists that regularly put out terrible singles, even entire albums. I love the new song and so do the vast majority. If anyone thinks they've sold out then they are very stupid indeed.

Remember when we used to say they were the best band in the world? Yea, there's no point in claiming that now. They didn't try hard enough this time. I know for a fact that us fans have tried for years to be there, supporting them and sometimes even TRYING to like their new and unimproved sound; many of us deserve more than songs that could've been written by any random pop act.

On your statement about them being the best band in the world because they only release good music, I think you're a little confused; it's actually the other way around. You think they only release good music because "fucking hell! it's Coldplay! they can do no wrong!"

Btw the vast majority doesn't like the new sound, why do you think all this debating is going on? Cos one side is saying "it's terrible" and another side is saying "it's good, I've been trying to like it.. and it's ok"

Stop whining and listen to Hurts like heaven and Us Against the world !!! IM in love with us against the world :D

why do we need another hateful post..Put in all under one so i dont have to keep reading them..

I finally realize what bothers me about these negative posts..They're not only a dislike for the song..there is such a hatefulness towards the band and everyone associated with them,it's unreal..very sad.

one song you dont like and you're calling for the downfall of Coldplay..You haters are like the haters all the years who didnt like Coldplay and they never had a reason

It's hardly a downfall. Coldplay were ordinary guys when Parachutes came out, so they could sing about ordinary stuff. Once you're the biggest band in the world, what can you sing about? That's one of the reasons I think U2 have lost it. But Coldplay I reckon still have the ability to connect with people. This new song is simple but it connects with people, which maintains what I think Coldplay are all about. This song is about Chris' love for music, surely everyone can relate to that? :) It's a great pop track and I can't wait for the new album! :D

By the way, if you think this is a downfall, check out Metallica's Master of Puppets, then listen to St. Anger. Listen to The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds and then listen to Summer in Paradise. Hell, even listen to U2's Achtung Baby and give How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb a listen. Coldplay are a consistently strong band and if anything X&Y was their all-time low thus far, which they recovered from with Viva la Vida IMO

It's hardly a downfall. Coldplay were ordinary guys when Parachutes came out, so they could sing about ordinary stuff. Once you're the biggest band in the world, what can you sing about? That's one of the reasons I think U2 have lost it. But Coldplay I reckon still have the ability to connect with people. This new song is simple but it connects with people, which maintains what I think Coldplay are all about. This song is about Chris' love for music, surely everyone can relate to that? :) It's a great pop track and I can't wait for the new album! :D

By the way, if you think this is a downfall, check out Metallica's Master of Puppets, then listen to St. Anger. Listen to The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds and then listen to Summer in Paradise. Hell, even listen to U2's Achtung Baby and give How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb a listen. Coldplay are a consistently strong band and if anything X&Y was their all-time low thus far, which they recovered from with Viva la Vida IMO

Are you kidding? Really?

Guest Osaka Sun

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k50UVOBS5SU]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - Major Minus (LIVE @ Rock am Ring 2011) (04.06.11) (NEW SONG!)‬‏[/ame]

Seriously?

Really?

ARE YOU FREAKING INSANE?

Are you kidding? Really?

Not at all... U2 haven't made a really good album since 1993. As a live band and a singles band, yeah, they've still got it, but they haven't done anything really that great in almost two decades and none of their albums since Zooropa are worth going out of your own way for.

And I think Coldplay can still connect with people, yeah.

OMG you guys are horrible this is not the end of the world I love the TRACK if you guys dont then youre not a true coldplay fan:(

I can't even get to the end of this thread. This comment alone is enough to leave me smiling for days.

lol now I see why some ppl avoid this entire section of the forum

OMG you guys are horrible this is not the end of the world I love the TRACK if you guys dont then youre not a true coldplay fan:(

It doesn't mean your not a fan if you don't like this song and feel like they could do better. I heard it yesterday and wasn't impressed. It sounds the same as Lovers In Japan with different lyrics. I was expecting a new sound to go with the new album. Sorry, not their best.

cry me a fucking waterfall and jump off a bridge :) please. its sensitive, overly emotional coldplay fans like u that give us a bad name! fucking ugh!

Not at all... U2 haven't made a really good album since 1993. As a live band and a singles band, yeah, they've still got it, but they haven't done anything really that great in almost two decades and none of their albums since Zooropa are worth going out of your own way for.

And I think Coldplay can still connect with people, yeah.

Agreed that was the point when U2 become a brand more than a band. I am afraid that Coldplay will end up the same way.

Greatest development in the history of music!

I still love love love love the old stuff but I'm addicted to the new ones!

Loving the new stuff that was played yesterday at Rock Am Ring.

No reason to be disappointed.

Greatest development in the history of music!

I still love love love love the old stuff but I'm addicted to the new ones!

That title goes to The Beatles without question.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Coldplay have been a much better band than U2 in the last 10 years but no band's ever reached the immense critical and commercial heights U2 did with the ZooTV era. No Line On The Horizon though was a great change back to the inventive U2 compared to HTDAAB and ATYCLB but at the same time it wasn't as good as Viva La Vida. I think The Times newspaper said that VLV was the first time a band had ever out U2'd U2 which is as big a compliment to U2 as it is to Coldplay.

I really hate it when people compare older Coldplay songs( Parachutes/AROBTTH) to their newer.It's true they've changed but you have to change if you're one of the biggest bands of the world. I love ETIAW it's not their most creative and best one but it's still Coldplay and as a Coldplay fan you should accept it the way Coldplay is these days. Go on Coldplay!

It's true they've changed but you have to change if you're one of the biggest bands of the world.

yes.

as a Coldplay fan you should accept it the way Coldplay is these days.

no.