🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

A general notice to Coldplay fans

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't say them, learn to live with new shitty pizza or do the smart thing and find something you like

I love how personally you are taking the fact that not everybody likes every song from Coldplay.

If I made a list of the top 10 idiots on the forum I would consider including you.

If I made a list of the top 10 idiots on the forum I would consider including you.

Oh wait wait wait hold up Briggs that's going too far, there are a LOT of idiots to take into consideration so please choose wisely.

I love how personally you are taking the fact that not everybody likes every song from Coldplay.

I'm not taking it personal, I am just amused by all the mockery and trolling, and I have opinions I like to express.

And if I made a list of my top 10 favorite foods I would consider Pizza and Chocolate.

Oh wait wait wait hold up Briggs that's going too far, there are a LOT of idiots to take into consideration so please choose wisely.

Yeah. Would you consider being a judge on my Coldplaying's Biggest Idiot reality show?

I'm not taking it personal, I am just amused by all the mockery and trolling, and I have opinions I like to express.

And if I made a list of my top 10 favorite foods I would consider Pizza and Chocolate.

I'm not even mocking or trolling though. I have over 26 000 posts. I don't think I'm a troll.

I'm not even mocking or trolling though. I have over 26 000 posts. I don't think I'm a troll.

K, but I am still amused by all of it that goes on here, and most of it comes from people with 10 000 + posts :thinking:

Yeah. Would you consider being a judge on my Coldplaying's Biggest Idiot reality show?

I'd bite your hand at that offer, but one of us would have to be in the Simon Cowell mold, and making comments would require an un-told amount of negative adjectives, so I'll have my thesaurus at the ready.

I'd bite your hand at that offer, but one of us would have to be in the Simon Cowell mold, and making comments would require an un-told amount of negative adjectives, so I'll have my thesaurus at the ready.

I think we could even edit out reading the thesaurus so you would look really smart.

Hahaha!

As for the topic, I don't think we can really take one person into consideration who didn't realise that it was a fake AF account as being applicable to everyone. To me it's more relevant that people who love the song simply like that it's fun, you can sing along to it at a festival (Possibly when drunk enough that you'd sing along to your own name if you remember it) or that it's a 'summer song', and that's it.

And that's generalising, because I know someone's going to pop up and remind me of how they loved the use of the bass pedal in some post that I couldn't possibly have seen, and these are the smarter types, yet still stupid enough to assume that by me saying the majority of people who like it can't express themselves properly, I must be wrong because they were able to at some point. That just shows you the level of intelligence of the 'smarter' type.

Look at the amount of people who voted this song 6 or above and it greatly outweighs the negative, but then you read the comments, and it quickly becomes apparent that overall (And I stress this- generally) people who like the song have no reason to like it, except that they need to.

Again that's one person who made that apparent in another thread tonight, but it's a lot more relevant then the AF twitter issue, because it's very close to the truth, mega-fans at this stage feel like they've signed up to Coldplay and if they break that contract they lose a piece of themselves. A band taking on a 'cult' following has never been so literal.

Of course it's impossible to know whether an individual actually likes the song or if they feel that they have to- otherwise they aren't a real fan, not liking it would be breaking loyalty and defecting to the dark side.

I would guarantee that hypothetically if this was a new song, by a brand new band, we would not know about it, and if the fans who love this song came across it, they would be closing down that youtube window promptly. It's awful song-writing.

And also just because somebody doesn't like the new song doesn't mean they are a douche bag or a bad person or a bad fan.

Fun fact, you can love chocolate but not like every chocolate in a box of chocolate.

I think I have rambled on enough.

Yep. I know I sure don't. The pineapple ones are a no-no.

Joking aside, you make an excellent point, Briggins.

But we can go and talk about how they don't make the chocolate like they used to. Or the new chocolate tastes like shit.

Again, great point.

This is so stupid. I mean most of us are coldplay fans, it doesn't matter if we dislike something about the band, it changes nothing, we have the right to post our opinions too. I don't know the blind fangirls get so upset about it.

It's not like most of the "haters" come here to say COLDPLAY SUCKS LOLOLOL, they're just posting their opinions about the song, that's totally normal.

Yeah. I'm not going to suddenly be like "OH, COLPLAY ARE A FAILURE" just because of one song that I think is sub-par to what they have done. Zeya made an excellent point in one of the other threads earlier that expressing our dislike for this song can actually help change things for the better. Coldplay can't improve and sound their best if all the input they get is "OMG LIEK BEST SONG EVARRRR." Not that any of you guys were saying it quite THAT way; that was a tad of an exaggeration on my part. You get what I mean, though.

I've seen way more mockery than opinions lately. I have seen only a few posts that state; I don't like the song BECAUSE ~ or I really don't like this song but I THINK ~

All I see is things along the lines of:

"This song is so shit i want to cry"

"I am bleeding at the ears, only fangirls can listen to this"

"I bang my head on tables to get ETIAW out of my head"

"LOL didnt even listen to it and it sucked"

"Anyone who listens to ANY other music knows this song is shit"

"Only retards with half a braincell can like this"

Now, I'm not saying that anyone does not have the right to say these things but. why here?

Actually, I've only seen those last two posted. One was more of a generalization than anything, and that other comment was just because it was Reilly who said it, and Reilly's gonna say whatever's on his mind, whether you like it or not. (I hope you don't take offense, Reilly, because it wasn't meant to be.) At any rate, if you like the song, then what does it matter when other people say they don't?

Don't say them, learn to live with new shitty pizza or do the smart thing and find something you like

I'm sorry, but that is an amazingly stupid point. The only way I'm gonna get caught eating shit pizza is if it's the only pizza available to me, and that's almost never the case. Why eat shit pizza when you have lots of good pizza around? Also, if I find out I've been given shit pizza, I'm not gonna just sit there and eat it. I'm gonna go up to the manager, tell them how godawful it is, and ask for a refund.

How is this relevant to anything? :wtf:

I think Arazmire has been treated a bit unfair but at the same time they didn't really express themselves clearly enough. To firstly get it out of the way I'm sure the top 10 list of food comment was satirical.

Wasn't the point about the pizza more about, if you don't like pizza don't go to a pizza place? I don't think it was about the quality of the pizza, 'shitty' was just a pointless adjective, but the point was about if you don't like pizza, go to the salad bar and let people enjoy their pizza. It's really simple minded and we've seen this opinion a million times before but I don't think the poster was saying "This is Coldplay's new song, it's great, like it or go away".

Christ Martin himself has used this idea of thinking himself, and he's certainly a simple-minded person, if you don't like Coldplay then turn the radio channel, and this filters down through idiots who like them. For example when I've expressed complaints about this forum I'm told "If you don't like it then go away", it's incredibly straight-forward that idea, it overlooks the idea of progression. Not liking certain aspects of something does not necessarily mean you are opposed to everything related to it, that's an incredibly complexed idea for people who simply want to lump you into either Column A or Column B.

Possibly this is why Coldplay are shitter then ever before (And I'm referring to the last 2 albums, not just the new song) they are happy to sit in a bubble of ignorance/arrogance and feel like anything they do is brilliant, because they don't accept criticism, same as the fans, and the same as their PA who responded to me last night and it was as if she literally has a filter against direct criticism ingrained in her brain.

Yes, the more I think of it, the more Coldplay seem like a cult more then a band.

Again that's one person who made that apparent in another thread tonight, but it's a lot more relevant then the AF twitter issue, because it's very close to the truth, mega-fans at this stage feel like they've signed up to Coldplay and if they break that contract they lose a piece of themselves. A band taking on a 'cult' following has never been so literal.

Of course it's impossible to know whether an individual actually likes the song or if they feel that they have to- otherwise they aren't a real fan, not liking it would be breaking loyalty and defecting to the dark side.

I would guarantee that hypothetically if this was a new song, by a brand new band, we would not know about it, and if the fans who love this song came across it, they would be closing down that youtube window promptly. It's awful song-writing.

Truth at it's best