🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Yeah, I've seen that performance, it's amazing!

And thanks for clarifying. It sounded like Electric Counterpoint to me, but with different chord progression so I was confused.

Yeah, it was amazing. Apparently even Reich was impressed with how Jonny pulled it off.

I have this dream that I'm just in the middle of Trafalgar Square and I begin to play Electric Counterpoint with the machine-sequencer thing, and everyone is like :shocked2:, and I'm just like :dozey: while playing it.

So.....Yeah....Go to my steve Reich thread!

• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the_gloaming09

• yellowy eyes

• Ms Magpie

• MrMagpie

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol I haven't been here in 5 years but I decided to pop my head back in for some nostalgia. Seems like this was my last post so here's an update... I finally saw Radiohead live in Manchester in 2017 a

Details Revealed for Release of Jonny Greenwood's Score for Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master

"Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood's score for The Master, the upcoming film from Paul Thomas Anderson, will be released September 11 through Nonesuch Records."

http://pitchfork.com/news/47491-details-revealed-for-release-of-jonny-greenwoods-score-for-paul-thomas-andersons-the-master/

Details Revealed for Release of Jonny Greenwood's Score for Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master

"Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood's score for The Master, the upcoming film from Paul Thomas Anderson, will be released September 11 through Nonesuch Records."

http://pitchfork.com/news/47491-details-revealed-for-release-of-jonny-greenwoods-score-for-paul-thomas-andersons-the-master/

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but since 4 out of the 15 tracks aren't "original", I guess that means he would automatically be out of the running for an Academy Award (Best Original Score)? Kind of like he got the shaft for There Will Be Blood?

edit: Side comment - I thought Joaquin Phoenix went all cuckoo and said he was never going to act again. Nice to see he's back.

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but since 4 out of the 15 tracks aren't "original", I guess that means he would automatically be out of the running for an Academy Award (Best Original Score)? Kind of like he got the shaft for There Will Be Blood?

Sorry to interrupt, but the There Will Be Blood thing - I was particulaRLY upset about that. I don't really think it's fair, because all the 'unoriginal stuff' he uses is either his or a piece from a classical artist which he's put in because it fits, and he makes it his own!

[Or maybe the people who decide just don't like Radiohead :lol:]

I know this is kinda different, but M.I.A.'s song Paper Planes was nominated for 'Best Song' at the Academy Awards I think (it was in Slumdog Millionaire), and that contains a sample of Straight To Hell by The Clash - I was surprised they didn't ban that from being nominated!

But I don't wanna be malicious or anything, and I'm happy they didn't ban it, cos I like M.I.A.