✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise Clip! (YouTube clip now in first post)

Nagromathon

Dear Coldplayers,

I usually never write here, but this time, I thought I needed to do so because things have just gone too far to my opinion.

To me, Coldplay is the band that wrote Politik, Spies, Amsterdam, Twisted Logic, Clocks, A rush of blood to the head. Songs like that are masterpieces — that's what I stand for, that's what made me for years say Coldplay is the best band in the world. It's deep, it's powerful, it's dark and yet full of light.

But now : they've lost me.

What the f**** is a song like Paradise ? You can say to me "if you don't like it, don't critisize it" "go listen to something else". Is that the right answer ? I don't think so.

With saying things like this, we can go on and on, and soon the world will just be about Justin Bieber and two-chords Ableton mediocrity.

Chris Martin's songwriting, in the two songs I heard (Paradise & ETIAW) is just SHAMEFUL. I'm not afraid to say it.

People, open up your ears.

I would like to talk to the band. I would like to ask Chris in the eyes what does he think of these two songs. I'm pretty sure he knows, deep in his heart, that they suck. He's clever.

Maybe that's where we're heading ? Bieberish songs all over.

Is that what you want ?

Because I don't.

Now, I'll wait for the whole album. But with those two songs (I don't even want to call them that) I'm preparing for the worse.

It's hard, because I've been following them since 2001. I was twelve at the time, and they changed my life, litteraly. I'm so disapointed, and somehow, angry too. It's such a waste. None of the songs I heard are good to me, even Moving to Mars. It gets wasted as soon as the beat appears. They apply the same recipe everytime and it seems to me that it doesn't work at all ; it's tasteless, it's even ungracious.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic