🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Paradise is amazing

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely safe to say that people on this forum overreacted, including me a little, but this song is brilliant. Absolutely stunning in my opinion. I guess I'm the only one who loves the lyrics, oh well. I think they're beauty in simplicity, a highly underrated thing.

I was thinking on the way home a minute ago, something about Mylo Xyloto hit me. This could be the most diverse Coldplay album ever, and that doesn't have to be bad. ETIAW and Paradise are your radio hit pop songs. Major Minus is the weird one. Hurts Like Heaven is lyrically based. Charlie Brown makes you jump up and down. Princess of China features a duet, which, even though it sounds terrible, may ended up being pretty good if Chris' voice still dominates. UATW is also very different in that it's more acoustic.

Think, this album is already quite a journey. I can't wait to listen from start to finish.

Speaking of finish, Paradise is a great closing song.

I just listened to it since I wasn't able to listen when I was in school, but I've been reading all of the negative comments on here during the day and was expecting something REALLY bad. I don't like ETIAW, but Paradise is really good actually! Yes, it's very "pop" and the lyrics are... not so good, but the song itself is very catchy, and I like it a lot!

And I agree that the negativity on here is depressing... Sure, people are entitled to their opinion, but you know... We shouldn't judge the whole album before we've heard it.

And I agree that the negativity on here is depressing... Sure, people are entitled to their opinion, but you know... We shouldn't judge the whole album before we've heard it.

That's just quite what I'm feeling & thinking...

In the night, the stormy night, she'd close her eyes ♫

In the night, the stormy night, away she'd fly ♪

(I deeply :heart: those lines)

I felt the negativity more when people were criticizing ETIAW, I think that affected my opinion on it, I didn't like it at first, now I love it. But with Paradise I decided to not read comments until I made my own opinion. I really do like the song :) eventhough I kind of agree with the others in some aspects :\

Anyways being positive here... this song is stuck in my head, I really like the chorus. Wish there was more jonny in it though :P

Agree that the negativity on here made me think that 'Every Teardrop' was a poor song and I almost judged it before I listened to it.

Now a few months later I love it and appreciate it for what it is.

Too many people on here are influenced by others opinions on Coldplay's new style.

I actually love Paradise. After seeing some of the comments on here, as well as the whole Rihanna on PoC malarkey, I kinda lost a little faith. When I got back home to listen to the song for myself, I instantly loved it :D

One minor niggle though is that the transition from Hurts Like Heaven to Paradise on the album sounds a little rough at the moment. On the plus side, the end of Paradise fits in nicely with the opening of Charlie Brown :)

Wickett, that was a great post! I agree, the lyrics from the verse(just what was twitted), they really move in some way, quite sad in way. A love story that never was, an opressed reality then espace in dreams. Not that crazy about the other lyrical stuff here, but the verse is amazing.

Yeah, the album is gonna be diverse, I think there might be stuff for old schoold coldplayers here to.

God Bless you guys for making a positive Paradise forum! It is quickly climbing the latter of my favorite Coldplay songs EVER. Musically it is the most unique Coldplay song ever released. Lyric wise i absolutely love it because of it's simplicity in this part of the story. Cannot wait to listen to the album in FULL. October.....why do you tease me?

Am I in the minority when I say I frigging love the chorus? I've seen so many people say that 'para-para-paradise' sounds stupid, but I think it sounds awesome, especially the second and last chorus.

You're in the minority, but you're not alone. I think the chorus is fatastic. It's euphoric! Orgasmic! Fantasmagorical!

Look at the ratings the song has got in the poll. Your not on your own and are in fact with the majority in loving the song.

The negative ones are the ones clogging up the forum with their rants.

Definitely not on your own. MX songs lovers are here and well! I feel a few people who are thoroughly disappointed by the new direction might want to sit this one out, cuz I think if you don´t like the likes of Paradise and ETIAW you won´t like MX much...

You're in the minority, but you're not alone. I think the chorus is fatastic. It's euphoric! Orgasmic! Fantasmagorical!

OMG! Love you guys ;) and ℂ৩ℒⅅℙℒAY OF COURSE :)

But now I've one question : "How to stop listening to it ?" cause I can't :P :heart:

I am in love with this song! Seriously, it's so beautiful. I don't think it will do well on radio though just because it's not that radio friendly, but I don't care cause it's great! Can't wait for Mylo Xyloto!

If YouTube and Twitter response is anything to go by, this might do very well in the radio!

I might be the only one here, but I love the lyrics: simple but directly to the heart!

I am in love with this song! Seriously, it's so beautiful. I don't think it will do well on radio though just because it's not that radio friendly, but I don't care cause it's great! Can't wait for Mylo Xyloto!

Really? I think its a very radio friendly song, appeals to a wide range of audiences.

Can't stop replaying it, love Paradise so much :D

I got Para Para stuck in my head hehe What are some of your favorite parts in the song? I´ll list mine

-Davide´s violin!

- Opening after bass kicks in: divine!

- The cool beat

- Para para actually...shoot me but I like it hehe

- Is it just me or are the OOOH OOOH louder than ever? Still makes me sing alone every time

- Jonny´s short but wonderful riff!

- Lyrics The sun will set to rise. So simple: in one sentence so much hope in the dark...