🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Does anyone who disliked this song from the beginning feel it has grown on them since first listen?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant you could sing over them or something like that :) But yeah hard to like this song if you prefer a more stripped-down style, I can see why it would sound confusing.

I don't prefer a more stripped-down style. I love so much other Coldplay songs rich of sound...

The chords aren't bad, but I hate the way the music was arranged. That electronic sound sounds forced to me, sounds like want more airplay. And the para-para thing is ridiculous, I can't believe they couldn't find lyrics for the chorus.

Yeah, it has grown on me. Actually I can't get the melody out of my head, and the Para para part is literally jammed in my brain and I can't get rid of it. Say what you will about the song, but it is catchy as hell. Probably why it is the single.

^This. I didn't hate the song when I first listened it, but I was displeased. It doesn't have the same emotional impact Coldplay songs have on me, even ETIAW did. It sounded way to tech-y too (sorry for the poor description). But tonight, I blasted it in my car driving home from rehearsal and it sounded great. I love the bass, and the chorus is pretty catchy. I'm still singing "It could be paradise" in my head. However, I don't think it has the same emotional spark that most Coldplay songs are like, and another thing I noticed, I don't think it suits Chris Martin's voice very well. I love his voice and all but I think he's capable of a more dynamic range, and there should be some sort of cool music riff playing in the background when he sings the verses.

Overall, not Coldplay at it's best. But it's very catchy and will most likely to be pleasing to a radio audience. However, I think Charlie Brown will overthrow that. ;)

firstly, i never hated it and i don't think many people hated it, they just disliked it.

I disliked it from the start and after a day and a half of trying to like it, i still can't. it just has no......passion or there's something missing. the only part i like is when chris sings "in the night, the stormy night".........those few seconds are good but i don't like the rest of the song

Yes it grew on me, I really like it now! :D

I gave it a break I only heard it 3 times the day it came out, then I heard it today while in my art class, and thought hey, I really like this! I didn't completely hate it at first, but I wasn't happy with it either, now that I like it, im looking forward to the video, and Mylo Xyloto :D

firstly, i never hated it and i don't think many people hated it, they just disliked it.

I disliked it from the start and after a day and a half of trying to like it, i still can't. it just has no......passion or there's something missing. the only part i like is when chris sings "in the night, the stormy night".........those few seconds are good but i don't like the rest of the song

Maybe you should give it a break? :) I did that, I was trying to ignore its existence :lol: then I heard it today and I liked it. I find that when you force yourself to like it, the more you wont like it. Try to hear it with an open mind.

I also like that part, oh and you don't like jonny's part towards the end? I think its great :D

Haha yesterday, I did not see myself defending paradise at all, and today I am :P

It's hilarious to read the various proposals on methods to try to love the song.

- Give it a break and ignore it for a few days...

- Change the lyrics para-para-para oooooh on your mind...

- Hear it with an open mind...

The thread should be entitled "Methods to help you listen to paradise"! :lol:

or on youtube:

- Try to ignore the 'pop' part and then enjoy the real music!

- Show you're a real fan of Coldplay and LOVE ALL THEIR MATERIAL

Hm, I am still waiting and still listening to the song hoping that it will hit me and I will love it. Hasn't happened yet, but it's Coldplay so I want to try. And it is for sure hell of a catchy song.

Yep

Wasn't overly impressed first listen. Was a bit disappointed to be honest, although more initial appeal to me than ETIAW had! Have to admit now that Paradise is growing on me and when I least expect it, that chorus is running through my head...whether I want it to or not! Catchy as hell. Bring on Mylo Xyloto!:P

Yes, but it would be a lot better if it had been a 'smaller' song. There's a terrific song in there, but the production is too much, I feel.

I like that it´s so sumptuous: it´s just unabashedly sweeping with such exuberance in the last part.

No, I cannot bring myself to listen to it voluntarily, heard it twice at the radio yesterday and it made me shiver in a bad way..but I love the piano cover, so that will be the real Paradise for me

Then I think it would be fair to say you like/love the song but dislike the arrangement and production. I hear this point of view often, even though I can not relate to it. I can not think of a song I dislike because of other reasons than a melody I don´t like...I guess it all comes down to what you focus on in a song