• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weird cos I've never heard a 7/10+ british indie rock album

Really? Let me help:

Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not

Favourite Worst Nightmare

Suck It And See

Friendly Fires

What Else Did You Expect From The Vaccines?

Lungs

Velociraptor!

West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Asleep In The Back

Blur

Modern Life Is Rubbish

The Back Room

Silent Alarm

A Weekend In The City

Go Tell Fire To The Mountain

Skying

Primary Colours

A Different Kind of Fix

The English Riviera

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

To Lose My Life

XTRMNTR

Up The Bracket

A Certain Trigger

Rings Around The World

Myths of the Near Future

The Coral

Definitely Maybe

Man Alive

Voices of Animals and Men

Franz Ferdinand

Hats off to the Buskers

The Bends

Glasvegas

Lungs

Total Life Forever

^^ Now that I know what Pitchfork (This is based on Pitckfork ratings, right?) rated as 7/10 albums, I have to say I don't agree with some of that stuff at all. Most of it should either be ranked lower (e.g. "Suck It and See") or higher (e.g. "Favourite Worst Nightmare"). (Funny how I decided to use Arctic Monkey albums for both examples, but that's how I really feel.)

Also, you have "Lungs" on your list twice. :P

^^ Now that I know what Pitchfork (This is based on Pitckfork ratings, right?) rated as 7/10 albums, I have to say I don't agree with some of that stuff at all. Most of it should either be ranked lower (e.g. "Suck It and See") or higher (e.g. "Favourite Worst Nightmare"). (Funny how I decided to use Arctic Monkey albums for both examples, but that's how I really feel.)

Also, you have "Lungs" on your list twice. :P

So I do :P

I'm not going by Pitchfork, I'm going by what I think. Suck It And See is easily good enough to be a 7, Favourite Worst Nightmare's a 9. I don't like Whatever People Say that much, but I know how brilliant an album it is. See what I mean?

I can think of a couple from this year...also, I don't think Oasis should be considered Indie.

Oasis are just a branch away, you might as well lump them in with the others; they've influenced most albums on the list.

Metronomy, Friendly Fires, Klaxons, Primal Scream, Elbow and Everything Everything aren't straight indie-rock either.

^^ Oh, so those are YOUR numbers? That's completely different. I don't see how you think SI&S is worthy of a 7. I'd give it more of a 3 or a 4. It was boring. Now, FWN is definitely worthy of a 9. I'll give you that much.

lol ^

Really? Let me help:

Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not

Favourite Worst Nightmare

Suck It And See

Friendly Fires

What Else Did You Expect From The Vaccines?

Lungs

Velociraptor!

West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Asleep In The Back

Blur

Modern Life Is Rubbish

The Back Room

Silent Alarm

A Weekend In The City

Go Tell Fire To The Mountain

Skying

Primary Colours

A Different Kind of Fix

The English Riviera

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

To Lose My Life

XTRMNTR

Up The Bracket

A Certain Trigger

Rings Around The World

Myths of the Near Future

The Coral

Definitely Maybe

Man Alive

Voices of Animals and Men

Franz Ferdinand

Hats off to the Buskers

The Bends

Glasvegas

Lungs

Total Life Forever

heh, I've heard almost all of these. They're all things I probably adored 2-3 years ago but have since grown out of. even The Bends bores me to death...

^^ Oh, so those are YOUR numbers? That's completely different. I don't see how you think SI&S is worthy of a 7. I'd give it more of a 3 or a 4. It was boring. Now, FWN is definitely worthy of a 9. I'll give you that much.

I think it's worthy of a 7 because it's a very good album. It's got 74 on Metacritic, so I'm not the only one.

There are a couple of songs that are dreadful, but overall, the songwriting is as good as it's ever been for me. And I don't think I'm that bad a judge.

I also don't think much of Pitchfork. They grade albums a lot lower than anyone else in the media.

lol ^

heh, I've heard almost all of these. They're all things I probably adored 2-3 years ago but have since grown out of. even The Bends bores me to death...

I wasn't meaning to be aggressive by naming so much! I just thought that if you hadn't heard any, I'd list a load for you to hear :P

I'm not a massive fan of The Bends. Certainly not their best work. But hey, it's a brilliant album, I just don't like it.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds? Really?

Yeah.

I've been listening to this band called Spiritulized who's new album "Sweet Heart Sweet Light" recentally came out. From what I've heard all ready I think I gotta check the whole album out. :)

I loved 'ladies and gentlemen...' as a kid (largely because it corresponded with my reading of Sophie's World, also I was jizzing over the whole idea of space rock). When I saw the new one got best new on pitch (can y'all keep up with mah hip lingo), I naturally downloaded it. Gotta say, I was disappointed. I guess I just don't care for what Pierce is trying to do these days. Just feels archaic and done. :(