📡 HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 📡

Change in the way you feel?

For me guys, I just can't listen to MX the same at all. Whenever I listen to it now I'm thinking of Silencia and all the world that the comic book unveiled. Tbh, I almost feel as if it's separate from the other albums, in terms of general feel. I mean it feels like Coldplay, but knowing that it's a soundtrack just changed the way I listen to it. It's not a bad thing, it's just... different I guess. I still like it. Did anyone else get such a dramatic change?

^ Some already have it.

I don't know, it doesn't change that much for me. I already felt a bit in that Silencia world when I heard the album before knowing of the comic. The only thing that changed is that the boy and girl in the songs now got a face (another one - I already made up a face for them somehow). Maybe because I already heard so many references to a George Orwell world?

For me, I already have associated the songs with things in my life so it really doesn't affect the way I see the album. It is like when a song you love is used in a soundtrack. You already have a connection with it, but it is neat to see another interpretation!

As I have posted earlier in other threads, at first I was afraid that the comic may change my interpretation of the album. I've listened to some MX songs since the Comic Con and after having read the first few pages, and honestly there's no big change.

For me, I already have associated the songs with things in my life so it really doesn't affect the way I see the album. It is like when a song you love is used in a soundtrack. You already have a connection with it, but it is neat to see another interpretation!
:nod: The interpretation I make about songs is usually very personal, so in the end the comic is only another interpretation, but still when I listen to the song I feel my own interpretation, so everything's ok :D

I agree with this - I can't stop thinking about relations to what we already know about Silencia and Mylo while listening to MX. I haven't related much to the songs, that's why this album wasn't my favourite. Now it's much more interesting! Or maybe it's due to finally playing it with a good sound system :D

I agree with R's Symphony. :nod:

MX I think is a piece that stands alone from all of Coldplay's past work. Conceptually, it's the deepest project Coldplay has ever done and I commend them for that. At this point, for me at least, the music seems like a side project to go along with the comic books and a possible film in the future. But the arrow is pointing up for me, so to speak, and this era is very gripping at the moment. That's my two cents, I guess.

I think it was really important for Coldplay to have an album that stood on its own, despite any other supplementary medium. If we all had the full narrative [and cartoons] to MX before hand, some of the lyrics may have appeared shallow or cheesy. Instead, we had this wall of sound and mysterious lyrics, which led to a precise focus on the themes of love, loss, oppression, hope, etc.

Even if we look at MTM, "We won't see the earth again". It's clear the album was made for us.

Whether the world of Silencia and its inhabitants are of any interest to the listener, we can all relate to the struggles and aspirations of each character.

I think it was really important for Coldplay to have an album that stood on its own, despite any other supplementary medium. If we all had the full narrative [and cartoons] to MX before hand, some of the lyrics may have appeared shallow or cheesy. Instead, we had this wall of sound and mysterious lyrics, which led to a precise focus on the themes of love, loss, oppression, hope, etc.

Even if we look at MTM, "We won't see the earth again". It's clear the album was made for us.

Whether the world of Silencia and its inhabitants are of any interest to the listener, we can all relate to the struggles and aspirations of each character.

:nod:

It has always felt way different to me than any of their other stuff. When I heard about the comic book, I was kind of like, "Oh, that explains it." So, it hasn't changed a lot for me, but I totally understand what you're saying. It kind of makes you look at it in a different light. I'm trying to figure out the storyline now with every song on MX. Haha.

^No you're not the only one.

See, that's why I think it's better that they released it after the album. If it had been released before, the whole era would have been centered around the comic, and would have put aside lots of fans, who are just there for the music or aren't interested in the comic.

As I have 'hinted' in other threads, the only songs on MX I can relate to are "up With the Birds" and "Us Against the World", maybe it's precisely because of the same reason, I have never given it a thought. Anyway there's no way I could relate to anything resembling the sound of "Princess of China".

^No you're not the only one.

See, that's why I think it's better that they released it after the album. If it had been released before, the whole era would have been centered around the comic, and would have put aside lots of fans, who are just there for the music or aren't interested in the comic.

That's true. Never thought about it that way before.

But releasing it after the album would make people think that the comics is some quick-rich scheme to take advantage of popularity of MX

Yeah, I mean, I see you music as a way that artists can express their emotions and we can relate to them. I thought this album was how Chris was feeling and I could relate it to my life and things that were happening around me...now it feels like the soundtrack to a movie, something that you cannot express emotions through, because it's fictional