🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
busybeeburns

[15-Nov-2012] Sunrise & Huawei Ascend present Coldplay Live, Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia

Coldplay perform live for Sunrise at Sydney Opera House

254716-coldplay.jpg

Mega band Cold Play performing at the Opera house to a select few fans. The show was organised by Channel 7 Sunrise.

IT wasn't the world-beating backdrop of Sydney Harbour which momentarily upstaged stadium rockers Coldplay this morning but Chris Martin's dad.

The frontman's father Anthony, who has travelled with the band on three of their Australian tours, was as popular with the fans as his understated rock star son when they performed on the Sydney Opera House northern forecourt.

"He looks after him really well when I'm on tour, I am utterly spoiled," Mr Martin said as his son watched from the stage.

"I think he would agree we have a pretty good relationship, wouldn't you, boy?"

The band opened their exclusive set for Sunrise with Yellow, the song that launched them onto the world's charts.

"Oh we made it at 7.30!" Martin said at the end of the song, referencing the very un-rock hour for their performance.

They went on to perform recent single Charlie Brown, Viva La Vida and their biggest Australian hit, Paradise, which just happened to soundtrack the promos for Seven's hit series Revenge.

Martin thrilled fans by spending the minutes between their songs chatting and posing for photographs.

159598-coldplay.jpg

Coldplay perform live for an intimate crowd of 700 in front of the Harbour Bridge.

Renowned for their activism on Free Trade issues, Martin joked that they would switch to a new campaign on their Australian tour.

"Supermodels are not paid enough in this country and we are going to take a stand on this," he joked.

The band will play a secret gig this afternoon for 2DayFm and Max, with the backing of new telco player Huawei.

And then it is back to their day job, playing sold out concerts at Allianz Stadium in Sydney on the weekend in front of 90,000 people.

255939-coldplay.jpg

link

tumblr_mdi1i9aUxA1r9vjt7o1_500.jpg

GUYS CHRIS MARTIN LOOKED AT ME AND WHISPERED ARE YOU OKAY O ME BECAUSE I WAS LITERALLY CRYING WATERFALLS

link

:wacky:

I tried to rip the videos for multimedia but it didn't work

sorry :disappointed:

I was there this morning. Absolutely awesome, in a great location too! Thank you so much Coldplay, was worth getting up early for.

Chris is right! His Dad is good at interviews and He is SOOOO POSH!!! The accent is more posh than Chris himself...Chris' accent has become americanified a bit over the years!

Coldplay Do Opera House Gig With Chris Martin's Dad!

Coldplay_Melbourne_2012_15_608x456.jpg

Coldplay performed a super intimate gig at the Opera House this week, and after performing for thousands of punters at most other concerts, it was a rare opportunity to see them up close!

700 Sydneysiders were plucked out of a ballot to attend this amazing concert, and were able to witness the iconic band perform 'Yellow' for Channel 7′s Sunrise, followed by other hit songs including 'Viva La Vida', 'Paradise', 'Charlie Brown' just for them!

The harbour backdrop just after 7:30am was a little dreary, but when the band took to the stage it brightened everything up. (awww!)

Chris Martin had a special guest on stage as well – his dad! As the Daily Telegraph has reported he was even briefly upstaged by his old man, who instantly became a crowd favourite.

The frontman's dad Anthony, who has travelled with the band on three of their Australian tours, was as popular with the fans as his son, and even spent some time posing for photos!

"He looks after me really well when I'm on tour, I am utterly spoiled," Mr Martin revealed as his son watched from the stage. "I think he would agree we have a pretty good relationship, wouldn't you, boy?"

Were you at Coldplay’s Opera house gig?

link

Sounds like an 'interesting' show. Looking forward to hearing it tomorrow after some sleep.:)

Soundcheck

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=icBbkqcKdcI[/ame]

Viva La Vida

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=scPaGuYXQeM[/ame]

Sorry if this has been mentioned in the past, but Chris doesn't seem to be playing the acoustic guitar in this rehearsal video, yet you can clearly hear the acoustic guitar. Does that mean that Chris isn't really playing the guitar when on stage and just does it for show?

I'm sorry if I'm doing him a dis-service, because I love the man!!!!!!!

Sorry if this has been mentioned in the past, but Chris doesn't seem to be playing the acoustic guitar in this rehearsal video, yet you can clearly hear the acoustic guitar. Does that mean that Chris isn't really playing the guitar when on stage and just does it for show?

I'm sorry if I'm doing him a dis-service, because I love the man!!!!!!!

He was playing the guitar, I was front and centre so I should know!! No, he was defs playing :)

So I went to the gig and MY GOD WAS IT AMAZING : bigcry: here is my story of everything that happened. It was FUCKING AWESOME

OK SO: I flew to Sydney from Melbourne on Wednesday night for the intimate Sydney gig. I got to the hotel at about 11:20pm and my friends and I left at 11:45pm to go to the venue - the Sydney Opera House! It was awesome seeing the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House all lit up at 12am. We walked to the back of the venue and that's where we saw them testing the lights on the stage. And WE WERE THE FIRST ONES THERE!!! We hung around (not sleeping the whole night!!) until some other people showed up at 3am.

Gates opened at 5:30am and I was first at the barrier! Yay! :D so then there was a whole heap of tv crews filming me and my friends cos we'd been there so long, we got interviews 4 times!! Just before they came on i saw Phil upstairs on the balcony so I waved to him and said "hi Phil!!!" and he waved back!!

So the band came on at 7:30 and when J,G & W came on first. When Guy took his spot I waved at him and he smiled at me :D *dead*. Then Chris came on and they did a small soundcheck of Yellow and CB. Just before they played Yellow for filming, they were all wandering around waiting for it to go live and Chris jumped down off the stage and started talking to someone down from me. He then went back towards the stage and said "I have to go to work". Then they did a pan of the audience and I saw Chris look at my sign (which said g'day Chris, Will, Jonny, Guy and Phil). So I was like "hi Chris!" And he came over to me!!! He shook my hand and this was the conversation: "what's your name?" "April!" "April? That's a lovely name." "THANK YOU" "are you coming to the other shows on the weekend?" "I'm going to all the shows you're playing in Australia!" "Wow, that's amazing! Did you paint that shirt yourself?" "Yes I did!" "That's great, we paint all our own shit too". Then when he was about to walk away he shook my hand again with both of his hands and said to enjoy the show. When I looked down at my hand, there was a little splodge of spray paint that had come off his hand!!! :D AMAZING!!!!

So then they played Charlie, Viva & Paradise and just before Viva I called out "we love you Will!!" To which he laughed shyly and Chris said "he's too shy to say it but he loves you too. Right Will?" Will nodded. Then Chris was like "even though you think they [the whole band] don't know, they know. Cos the truth is they love you too" and the ENTIRE BAND were looking at me and laughing!!!! DEAD!!!!! So yeah, that was pretty much it for the gig, which was effing awesome might I add! That night we saw Phil walking past and we waved to him. I didn't go up for a photo or anything as he was pushing a pram. But he waved, smiled and said hello which was brilliant enough! :) all in all, it was a fucking awesome gig, and I'm so glad I won tickets cos now the whole of Coldplay know who I am!!!

Photos (they're massive!)

Band just after they came onstage at 7:30am

imageaml.jpg

Chris meeting some fans just down from me

imagezax.jpg

Chris meeting me!! Excuse the stupid look on my face, I was totally fangirling :lol:

imagefifs.jpg

Jonny smiling at me!! :D

imagewipo.jpg

Chris and Jonny being ADORABLE

imagecvb.jpg

Guy being super fucking sexy (as usual)

imageomql.jpg

And Mel, Guy, Chris and Will (pretty much the only decent pic of Will I got!)

imagecrc.jpg

Again, sorry about the size! I uploaded them from my phone so I couldn't resize them :lol: