📡 HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 📡

Coldplay: 'We've got a name for our next album'

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new album will come on 2013 for sure. The postponed Latin America tour, the new sessions in studio with Jon Hopkins (who run the Live 2012 DVD scoring), the lack of b-sides and the title already determined are suggesting there will be a new release very, very soon.

The new album will come on 2013 for sure. The postponed Latin America tour, the new sessions in studio with Jon Hopkins (who run the Live 2012 DVD scoring), the lack of b-sides and the title already determined are suggesting there will be a new release very, very soon.

Can't say I think we're looking at a full album in 2013. They suggested the postponing of the shows was due to "unforeseen circumstances". I really can't imagine they would postpone shows to work on the album. I think they'd consider that being unfair to those fans.

If anything I'd think we could get an EP.

But having a title doesn't mean anything. They had MX's title in 2009.

They're also known, for us fans who follow this type of news closely, for changing their minds and directions quite often.

Until we have an announcement or hear about them in mixing, I'd say hold off on strong speculation.

But all that said, really have to doubt we'll get a whole album in 2013.

Even if they said that they got the name of the new album, I'm sure that it can change at any time.

:no: No new album in 2013, it's too soon! May be an EP, not an album.

I dont think there will be a new album in 2013, and to be honest, I hope there isn't. After this era is over, I'll need some time to digest it haha. Having to jump into a new one so quickly would be crazy. I enjoy the anticipation of the waiting periods!

I dont think there will be a new album in 2013, and to be honest, I hope there isn't. After this era is over, I'll need some time to digest it haha. Having to jump into a new one so quickly would be crazy. I enjoy the anticipation of the waiting periods!

As much as I hate to admit it, this is true! :nod: The anticipation is half the fun, even though I know that when I will have to wait, I will want it to go quicker...

:nod:

There are already 4 acoustic pieces in MX (I count up with the birds and up in flames as well because well they are definitely low key...), but people seem to always forget about them.

I´d be just fine with a nice blend of a bit of everything, just like in MX :)

There are already 4 acoustic pieces in MX (I count up with the birds and up in flames as well because well they are definitely low key...), but people seem to always forget about them.

So?

Heh, I accidentally stumbled upon a related article :D

Coldplay will regroup in the studio to begin cutting material for a fifth album. ‘‘The plan, in an ideal world, is to have something finished by the end of 2009,’’ says Guy Berryman, in a recent online interview.

http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5581

Mind you, the date is 03/01/09. I think they will take their time now, too. The good side is that a year has already passed since MX!

It might be an EP like Prospekt's march to Viva, but what makes me think not is that chris said our next 'Album' not 'Record' or 'EP'

I think the trilogy idea is cool, See the last two albums where about oppression, revolution and anarchy Viva - From the oppressors point of view, MX - From the revolutionaries point of view. Maybe the next will be a startling conclusion?