✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2013 Albums Worth Listening To

Yeah I agree with you, but I still think that there definitely could have been more faster and better songs on the album.

I'm just really happy there aren't as many cheesy fucking ballads like on the previous albums

Tunnel Vision, Mirrors, & Blue Ocean Floor are the best songs on the album.

Yep. I really like Strawberry Bubblegum too.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The New Strokes album is available for streaming:

http://pitchfork.com/advance/48-comedown-machine/

It's a weirdly different animal than their other stuff. More scrappy, gung-ho, but somehow quieter. It's all very playful, interspersed with studio audio. The title track is particularly lovely, though I haven't decided what I think of the whole.

The New Strokes album is available for streaming:

http://pitchfork.com/advance/48-comedown-machine/

It's a weirdly different animal than their other stuff. More scrappy, gung-ho, but somehow quieter. It's all very playful, interspersed with studio audio. The title track is particularly lovely, though I haven't decided what I think of the whole.

I actually enjoyed the whole thing, I knew them by name... I'm pretty new to the music and I really like it. Thanks!

I don't think I saw The Mary Onettes come by on here.

Their Hit The Waves is pretty awesome! It's like a lost album of The Cure's from the 80's where they drew a lot of influence from a-ha, Duran Duran and the Simple Minds to Cocteau Twins and Clannad, with their new wave and I can't help but see a pale guy with eyeliner looking like Robert Smith surfing in a tropical paradise. Paradox? I don't care, I love the album.

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds was mentioned before. I agreeeee

Oo, and I heard The Knife, that one is pretty good too These are all 2012, non?

Yeah, the Uno, Dos, Tre trilogy were released last year.

Tre was originally supposed to be released back in January, but was pulled up to December, so I really wouldn't count Tre to be considered as a 2013 release.