🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

I'm glad I'm not a girl

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I no longer identify as any gender. Had the realisation about a month or so ago. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that people call me a guy though I can understand those who specifically do not want to be labelled. It's something I need to work on as I still always forget. I guess I don't speak enough to people who request this, so as to keep me on my toes.

but aren't you a guy? :surprised:

I don't identify as anything. Looking more and more into it, the whole gender thing just doesn't really make much sense to me at all any more, from my own perspective. That's not to say that I don't think people can relate to a specific gender, and that if they do then they are strange. I think maybe things that happened in my past (which I won't go into detail about) have made me more sensitive to gender borders and perceptions of masculinity, and then immersing myself into feminism and transfeminsm has furthered a shift in the way I view myself and society as a whole.

I definitely exhibit more stereotypically masculine characteristics in my being, so it's no surprise that I saw myself as male and why others would view me as such, and I certainly don't have any ill feeling towards my predominantly masculine traits (in regards to non-physical) where I try to move away from them, as I have evolved them naturally to coincide with my ethics over time. I am also comfortable within my body and don't feel any desire to change it (past becoming healthier, though that transcends gender so isn't related to this).

I don't identify as anything. Looking more and more into it, the whole gender thing just doesn't really make much sense to me at all any more, from my own perspective. That's not to say that I don't think people can relate to a specific gender, and that if they do then they are strange. I think maybe things that happened in my past (which I won't go into detail about) have made me more sensitive to gender borders and perceptions of masculinity, and then immersing myself into feminism and transfeminsm has furthered a shift in the way I view myself and society as a whole.

I definitely exhibit more stereotypically masculine characteristics in my being, so it's no surprise that I saw myself as male and why others would view me as such, and I certainly don't have any ill feeling towards my predominantly masculine traits (in regards to non-physical) where I try to move away from them, as I have evolved them naturally to coincide with my ethics over time. I am also comfortable within my body and don't feel any desire to change it (past becoming healthier, though that transcends gender so isn't related to this).

Ok :surprised:

I feel strange bringing it up, it's not something that's overly important to me as I've pretty much realised that this had always been the case. It's not something I really think about, nor has it changed me to realise it. It sounds a lot more earth shattering and game changing a realisation than it actually was.

I feel strange bringing it up, it's not something that's overly important to me as I've pretty much realised that this had always been the case. It's not something I really think about, nor has it changed me to realise it. It sounds a lot more earth shattering and game changing a realisation than it actually was.

Hahaha yeah it might seem a little bit intensely just casually mentioning it like that

"Yeah I don't identify as a guy or whatever~"

"okay but do-WAIT HOW" (< meant not negatively btw, just hella confused LOL)

Gender is a bit of a weird thing anyway. I flip between wanting to express myself as androgynous or really femme. Probably a reflection of my ~inner feelings~ (I think my body language is really masculine for some reason too, like how I sit resting). But for some reason I still label myself as a girl.

I suppose it's not really that important as long as I'm comfortable with it.

(I think my body language is really masculine for some reason too, like how I sit resting). But for some reason I still label myself as a girl.

HA same here :wacko:

~gender is weird~ but yeah literally i can talk about the difference between agender and neutral gender and gender stuff in general for days so...hit me up if you're curious or whatever

also, as strange as this sounds considering i'm agender, gender is a real thing for some people can confirm, i had one day two years ago where I felt very intensely like for a girl like a day (never happened again :shrug:) and i can imagine people feeling like that all the time, although I don't at all

*high fives Greg*

Guest LiquidSky
My thoughts:

It's because you're female and you're supposed to be attractive to men, that's why you're called sweetie or darling because it's cute and shall make you feel adored.

You don't get called sweetie or darling as a man because these words are not manly enough and you are not supposed to be cute, you are supposed to be strong, independend and grown-up. And since there are no abbreviated versions of these words, you just don't get these nicknames like women do.

Everytime someone gives me such a nickname I rage a little bit inside, but since the persons who call me that don't meant any harm I can't really be mad at them.

Genders suck, I wish we'd all be like snails who can be fe(male) at the same time :I

I hate it too! But I've noticed that most people that call me one of those names tend to be older or think that I'm younger than them but either way, I tend to ignore them completely on whatever they said to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, so after a few days, page 3 is back in the Sun Newspaper. After having seemingly insinuated that almost constant the picture of a young woman revealing her breasts on the third page was outdated for a modern family newspaper, it turns out that it was a publicity stunt. How wonderful that some of the most privileged, who seem to often view themselves as moral arbiters of the country have decided to use genuine concern over gender roles as a platform to make more money and get further advertisement for their paper.

Notable irony being that they asterisked out the 'i' within the word 'tit', on that page, seemingly putting forward the concept that you can look at a pair on this page, but you're not allowed to see the word written down as that would be taking it too far.

Ah, so after a few days, page 3 is back in the Sun Newspaper. After having seemingly insinuated that almost constant the picture of a young woman revealing her breasts on the third page was outdated for a modern family newspaper, it turns out that it was a publicity stunt. How wonderful that some of the most privileged, who seem to often view themselves as moral arbiters of the country have decided to use genuine concern over gender roles as a platform to make more money and get further advertisement for their paper.

Notable irony being that they asterisked out the 'i' within the word 'tit', on that page, seemingly putting forward the concept that you can look at a pair on this page, but you're not allowed to see the word written down as that would be taking it too far.

lol boobs :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I usually go for a walk at night and I pass a bus stop on my tour.

Sometimes there is a person waiting for the bus at that stop. The place isn't very well lit and surrounded by dark trees. Everytime I approach the stop and there's a man waiting there, he just looks up, sees me, and goes back to whatever he was doing. If there's a woman standing there, I can see here fidgeting around, and when she hears my footsteps she freezes, whips her head into my direction to intently stare at my silouette to find out if I'm a threat or not. When I'm finally visible under the streetlight, I can see the "Thank God it's a woman!" in their faces everytime when I pass them.

Yesterday 2 guys followed me with their car on my nightly walk and were cat calling me and shit like that. I didn't understand much since I was listening to music, but they left when they noticed that I wasn't giving them any response.

Last week a blogger started a kind of online feminist revolution in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium (and also The Netherlands I think) after she posted a text entitled "My name is not 'Hey sexy'". The hashtag #wijoverdrijvenniet (#wearenotexaggerating) was introduced and a shitload of women tweeted anecdotes of when they were sexually harassed in the streets. Scrolling through those tweets made me scared to go out at night. It's terrifying, it's all so close by. Stories about guys who shamelessly started masturbating in front of a woman in the tram, girls who got called "sluts!" when they didn't respond to guys whistling at them etc.

Shows how necessary feminism is in fucking 2015.

Just when I was trying to tell myself 'come on girl, it's all not so bad, rapists and creeps aren't everywhere. It's only Antwerp, nothing will happen. Enjoy your student life and go out, there won't be any creeps in that tram.'

Well I'm not sure anymore...

Last week a blogger started a kind of online feminist revolution in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium (and also The Netherlands I think) after she posted a text entitled "My name is not 'Hey sexy'". The hashtag #wijoverdrijvenniet (#wearenotexaggerating) was introduced and a shitload of women tweeted anecdotes of when they were sexually harassed in the streets. Scrolling through those tweets made me scared to go out at night. It's terrifying, it's all so close by. Stories about guys who shamelessly started masturbating in front of a woman in the tram, girls who got called "sluts!" when they didn't respond to guys whistling at them etc.

Shows how necessary feminism is in fucking 2015.

Just when I was trying to tell myself 'come on girl, it's all not so bad, rapists and creeps aren't everywhere. It's only Antwerp, nothing will happen. Enjoy your student life and go out, there won't be any creeps in that tram.'

Well I'm not sure anymore...

In my eyes EVERY man is a potential threat to me, and that's how I behave towards them, even if I try not to, my body just tenses up and immediately checks surroundings, escaping routes, objects to defend myself for the worst case. You know, just in case :uhoh:

In my eyes EVERY man is a potential threat to me, and that's how I behave towards them, even if I try not to, my body just tenses up and immediately checks surroundings, escaping routes, objects to defend myself for the worst case. You know, just in case :uhoh:

Well, shit.

I feel so :uhoh: about what you just said, like JEEZ WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO US HOW DID WE GET TO SUCH A POINT, and that gets worse when I really don't know what I can do about it. Honestly, I -as a person but also as a man- don't know how the hell I can help get those stupid freaks in their fucking place. This makes me feel so powerless and stupid. Just ugh.