📡 HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 📡

Mixtape Exchange XV (Summer edition)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I liked the one he made me, though... :( :tongue:

aww, I liked the one you made me too :heart:

So Fran do you want my mixtape to laugh at it, I mean just so I won't forget to submit it?

Umm wait do you want me to listen and review your mixtape or what? Because I'd do that if that's what you want :)

Are we being told who they are going to so that we can tailor it to someone's needs and try and avoid things they know, if it's somebody we know?

Yeah, it was always like that in the past, so I assume that it will be like that this time too.

Yeah yeah, that was the idea. I am also waiting until I know who I draw out of the hat for myself. I just told Billy, because he could join the mixtape thing by sending it already, if he's really afraid of forgetting to submit it later.

Billy, are you now going to join the exchange properly or not?

My personal preference is that people wait with finishing the mixtape until after they know for whom they are making it, because the mixtape is about discovering new music and if you put three songs on it of your favorite band which also happens to be your partners favorite band, it kinda missed out on the whole idea.

Usually people post a link to their last.fm account or post their favorite bands so you can have an idea when you make the tape.

Later on I will probably also post where you can upload the tape and how to erase all song info from your files.

Which is the best place to upload files to these days?

IIRC Mediafire is touchy with copyright and they scan uploaded files.

I might butcher my mixtape from the last exchange as it wasn't reviewed (and got killed off by mediafire).

Which is the best place to upload files to these days?

IIRC Mediafire is touchy with copyright and they scan uploaded files.

I might butcher my mixtape from the last exchange as it wasn't reviewed (and got killed off by mediafire).

My last partner had issues with my links from Mediafire and Rapidshare. The one that finally worked was sendspace. I generally used Mediafire before that, but yeah, it's changed a bit.

Okay, signing up is closed. You'll receive a PM with your partner in it.

Links with mixtapes can be sent to me by PM. Please add a tracklisting with it. I'll try to find out later which places are still good to upload mixtapes.

The idea is to keep the info of who your partner is for yourself, so that your partner doesn't know who (s)he received the mixtape from!

I've just seen my PM. Oh man, hahahaha. This'll be interesting.

As for my taste, my Last.fm is in my sig down below with my Facebook and other things. It's not really so accurate anymore (as I haven't really used it in ages), but it's a start. I've been getting into a bit of electronic lately (Bonobo is a particular favorite), so anything along those lines would be fine. I've also been listening to a bit more classic rock than I have in the past, most of which has been Queen.

It'll probably be also helpful to you if I share what I don't like. Country is not a genre I really appreciate in any sense, and I've only found one musical that I enjoy. My scope of hip-hop is also pretty limited, mostly because of some of the degrading content that some like to use. I could get into the ones who rap more about society and such, though, so if you could broaden my mind on that, it might be cool.

Finally, I'm kinda picky when it comes to vocals, so if there's a question of whether I might like someone's voice or not, it's probably safer to not put that on the tape.

I hope this helps. I can't wait to hear your tape! :nice:

Well, now that I know who I'm making the mixtape for I've changed a good deal of the songs I'd previously selected. Really looking forward to he/she/it hearing the tape and getting their reaction! It clocks in at 86 minutes though, do you all think that that's too long?

Also, I don't use last.fm, but for whoever's creating my mixtape, my favorite bands are Coldplay (shocker I know), Interpol, Smashing Pumpkins, Arcade Fire, Florence + The Machine, Muse, M83 and OneRepublic. I also listen to a lot of indie folk. So feel free to steer clear of those (or add them if that's what you're into haha).

Lets see, let's see... My favorites bands atm are Coldplay, The Strokes, and Local Natives. I like Vampire Weekend, and I am getting into Band Of Horses, The Shins, and I am falling in love with Architecture in Helsinki. I would post my pandora station here since I do not have an updated last.fm, and pandora is the only thing I have been using to listen to music. I also like Coeur de Pirate, it helps my French lol. I will post the link to my pandora tomorrow. It would only work it my partner is in the US so who knows if it will be helpful at all.

this post is a mess because I am sleepy and typing on my iPod, do not judge. I will probably come back to edit it later because I forgot some other bands I really like

I am so excited!!!

To my partner: at the moment I'm mostly into electronic music (of every kind) and I've also been listening to some folkish and experimental rock stuff recently, but feel free to put anything you want in your mixtape :nice:

Agh, missing the deadline by three days is the probably the most annoying thing that has happend to me in like 2 months or so :(

(bad karma from too few visits to the forum lately :D)

So if anyone doesn't get a mixtape (which sadly still seems to happen to often) I'm happy to jump in :)

Have fun you all ;)