🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

really? wow i didn'T know that :o

Yes ahahhaahhaah

from wiki:

After listening to Rice-Oxley's piano playing during a weekend at Virginia Water, Surrey in 1997, Chris Martin invited him to join his newly formed band Coldplay. However, Rice-Oxley declined because he did not want to leave The Lotus Eaters, stating, "I was seriously interested, but Keane were already operational and Coldplay's keyboard player idea was dropped."[6] Because of Martin's offer, and although Hughes and Scott were originally opposed to it, Chaplin joined the band in 1997, taking Rice-Oxley's place as vocalist and adding himself as the acoustic guitarist.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Friday was when they announced the song (if I remember correctly) so I wonder if this Friday they will release a short clip to bulid even more anticipation. When have the 30 second song previews gone up on iTunes before single releases in the past?

Mmmh bands influenced by Coldplay:

Killers

Elbow

The Temper Trap

Kodaline

The Fray

The Script (I'm friend with Danny's sister and she said that Danny really loves Coldplay :wacky: )

Who else?

Young the giant, if I hear them I hear Coldplay. Ofcourse not as good as, but you know, they are influenced by them like a father and son thing.

I think Coldplay would be remembered alongside Elvis, the Beatless, the Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson, Queen, Nirvana and even Madonna. Coldplay are together with Muse and the Foo Fighters the bands wich made the 00's.

Didn snow patrol came the same year as coldplay?

And Keane not, he was at UCL with Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will, and Chris wanted the singer to be the 5th Coldplay member (as pianist) but Tom was already with Keane

Ah, you would be correct. I knew there was some connection between Keane and Coldplay, but couldn't quite remember what it was and took a guess :P My mistake

I don't know how people leak things, like, there's an asshole in the crew of the artist that decide to screw the work of the people he works with?

Yeah, I have no idea how that happens.

I'd say leaking an album is bad, for sure, but leaking some demos?

Leaking Viva demos was not screwing with the band, it was like Santa Claus giving fans chocolate ice cream in July)

And Famous Old Painters, albeit instrumental, is still one of my favorite tracks of all time. That brass band in the middle? The quiet banjo strumming? Jeez, heaven.

Yeah, I have no idea how that happens.

I'd say leaking an album is bad, for sure, but leaking some demos?

Leaking Viva demos was not screwing with the band, it was like Santa Claus giving fans chocolate ice cream in July)

And Famous Old Painters, albeit instrumental, is still one of my favorite tracks of all time. That brass band in the middle? The quiet banjo strumming? Jeez, heaven.

Or the old version of Spies, Trouble, Borthers + Sisters and Ode to Deodorant...

I love how leaks can let us hear things that otherwise wouldn't exist, but I don't know why they do that with singles and albums :sick: