✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2014 Albums Worth Listening To

para-para-parrotdies

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might use this thread to catch up on some releases I haven't had the chance to listen to yet. I'm usually pretty far behind in listening to new releases, especially when it involves checking out new bands. So far I've only really listened to new albums by St. Vincent,Tokyo Police Club (both really good) and Metronomy (pretty decent, especially live) and I just downloaded the Kevin Drew album.

• 3 weeks later...
Damon Albarn is amazing.

I not heard too many 2014 albums releases, but from what I heard "Everybody Robots" is one of my favorites 2014 albums. And I not a Damon Albarn fan. I only like some songs, not the whole discography and etc.

I love Ghost Stories, but this album feels like some of the best releases from this year.

My advice is a 2013 album, but definitely worth listening is JUNIP - JUNIP 2013. I discovered it about a hour ago, and I'm in love.

Junipalbum_packshot1500.jpg

James - La Petite Mort

Anyone who loves Coldplay needs to buy this album. From the band that made Chris Martin want to become a singer, the band that made Chris Martin want to work with Brian Eno.

photo.php?fbid=10152474462497464&set=a.10150326970497464.391991.13548887463&type=1&theater

[video=youtube;IdcN4BRpmGI]

Stream Aphex Twin's Lost Caustic Window Album in Full

Remember that “lost” Caustic Window album? Earlier this year, a Kickstarter campaign to release Aphex Twin‘s test pressing-only Caustic Window album raised a total of $67,424 from more than 4,000 backers. Predictably, it has now surfaced on Youtube. The album had reached the test-pressing phase in 1994, but was aborted as a full release; this release was pressed from one of five TPs (although an ex-Warp and Rephlex employee previously claimed there are more in existence).

[video=youtube;GQwoFVLQESc]

http://www.factmag.com/2014/06/16/stream-aphex-twins-lost-caustic-window-album-in-full/

• 3 weeks later...

My top 10 albums so far (in alphabetical order):

Actress - Ghettoville

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Piñata

Joey Anderson - After Forever

Marissa Nadler - July

Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty

Sun Kil Moon - Benji

Swans - To Be Kind

Todd Terje - It's Album Time

Untold - Black Light Spiral

The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream

Entirely possible that this list changes down the line. Has been an incredibly bland year for music so far. Very disappointing. :(

There's still 5 months left in the year... hopefully it starts picking up real soon.