🚀COLDPLAY PREMIERE THEIR NEW SINGLE 'HIGHER POWER' FROM SPACE✨

Chris and Gwyneth announced their separation

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually pretty over it, I mean their relationship seems the same for me, the only difference is that they won't have any physical interaction anymore and they won't live under the same roof anymore, but hey, they seem happier than ever when they are together, we should actually appreciate how they remain true to themselves

Good point!

I'm actually pretty over it, I mean their relationship seems the same for me, the only difference is that they won't have any physical interaction anymore and they won't live under the same roof anymore, but hey, they seem happier than ever when they are together, we should actually appreciate how they remain true to themselves
Chris is leaving Coldplay to go solo[/url], etc). It isn't the paps' job to tell the news, it's their job to sell papers.

Also, your opinion on her has nothing to do with anything. Have you actually met her? I don't know a thing about her actually, and I myself have not met her nor even seen one her movies. What I do know is she made Chris happy enough to start a family together and that's plenty enough for me.

Look, i don't usually read tabloids or gossip magazines (and btw i'm no expert but i don't think Vanity Fair fits into that category) because i don't care for them at all and i'm definitely NOT a mindless tabloid follower, far from it but, as they say in my country, 'si el rio suena es que agua lleva', which roughly translates into 'if you can hear the river it's because it has water running in it' so if Gwyneth has been rumoured (by plenty of media outlets) to have cheated in the last few months and now they come out to say that they're getting divorced then MAYBE there's some truth to the story right? that why i said that i don't think anyone just came up with a crazy story to sell magazines. And no, i haven't met Gwyneth Paltrow which is why i said that i find it funny that regular people like us can like or dislike a famous person whom we probably will never meet or have a conversation with, i said i'm angry and mad at her because she's making Chris suffer and go through a hard time, that's all...

...as they say in my country, 'si el rio suena es que agua lleva', which roughly translates into 'if you can hear the river it's because it has water running in it' so if Gwyneth has been rumoured (by plenty of media outlets) to have cheated in the last few months and now they come out to say that they're getting divorced then MAYBE there's some truth to the story right?

...that why i said that i don't think anyone just came up with a crazy story to sell magazines....

...And no, i haven't met Gwyneth Paltrow which is why i said that i find it funny that regular people like us can like or dislike a famous person whom we probably will never meet or have a conversation with, i said i'm angry and mad at her because she's making Chris suffer and go through a hard time, that's all...

NO, not right, that's my point. That particular saying is all fine and dandy, but I go back to saying people (specifically the tabloids in this case) DO come up with false stories. If you need examples, I listed 3 with links in my previous post.

Also, you said that there were rumors that she cheated a month ago and now they broke up therefore she must have been cheating.

1) Just because one thing happened after another does not mean those things are related. I found a penny on the floor yesterday and today it rained. Are they related? Of course not, even if they happened to happen one after another (if it ever happened at all).

2) You're basing all your knowledge of the situation on a rumour (from a questionable source) that may or may not be true.

And lastly regarding Gwyneth, the another poster summed it up quite nicely

She's making Chris suffer? How do you know that she's not suffering herself? If only it were that simple...

Maybe she is, i don't know nor do i care, i care about Chris because he's the one that i've looked up to and admired for more than 10 years...

NO, not right, that's my point. That particular saying is all fine and dandy, but I go back to saying people (specifically the tabloids in this case) DO come up with false stories. If you need examples, I listed 3 with links in my previous post.

Also, you said that there were rumors that she cheated a month ago and now they broke up therefore she must have been cheating.

1) Just because one thing happened after another does not mean those things are related. I found a penny on the floor yesterday and today it rained. Are they related? Of course not, even if they happened to happen one after another (if it ever happened at all).

2) You're basing all your knowledge of the situation on a rumour (from a questionable source) that may or may not be true.

And lastly regarding Gwyneth, the another poster summed it up quite nicely

That penny thing is such a silly example, cheating and divorce are two directly related things, one is a direct cause for the other therefore if i've been hearing these cheating rumours for months and now all of a sudden they announce their 'conscious uncoupling' then i'm definitely thinking that those pesky tabloids and magazines MAY have been right...

^^Absolutely fine by me. But I would wager a guess they are both in pain about the end of their marriage. To say she's making him suffer, when a marriage is the responsibility of both parties, is rather simplistic. That is all.

That penny thing is such a silly example, cheating and divorce and two directly related things, one is a direct cause for the other therefore if i've been hearing these cheating rumours for months and now all of a sudden they announce their 'conscious uncoupling' then i'm definitely thinking that those pesky tabloids and magazines MAY have been right...

You wrote it yourself, they were rumours. Do you even know what a rumour is? Here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rumour

a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

In other words, it could be an outright lie.

You wrote it yourself, they were rumours. Do you even know what a rumour is? Here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rumour

...meaning it could be a lie. I don't base my whole life around things that may or may not be true, i base them on facts. [/font]

We'll never know exactly what went down but we do know that stories about Gwyneth cheating have been going around for months and now they're getting a divorce and we also know that Chris wrote lyrics about someone being in another's arms and about begging to that someone to tell him that she loves him even if she doesn't, you do the math...

Maybe she is, i don't know nor do i care, i care about Chris because he's the one that i've looked up to and admired for more than 10 years...

Have you no compassion sir? Sure, you may know Chris for longer, but to not care about the wellness of the mother of his children is...it just shows what kind of person you are. I mean, if a ship goes down, im gonna save my family first for sure. But i'd do my best to save the rest of them too d'you know what i mean?

We'll never know exactly what went down but we do know that stories about Gwyneth cheating have been going around for months and now they're getting a divorce and we also know that Chris wrote lyrics about someone being in another's arms and about begging to that someone to tell him that she loves him even if she doesn't, you do the math...

I almost thought you turned round when you started with "we'll never know exactly what went down" but you followed that off with "but we know stories about Gwen". Stories man, they were stories! Harry fucking Potter is a story designed to entertain and sell. This rumour could just as easily been a story also designed to entertain idiots and sell copies of their magazine. So far you have failed in providing any hard evidence to prove she cheated. You admitted you never met her. How can you be certain of any of this if you are so far removed from the situation?

Chris wrote lyrics to a song that may or may not have happened. Space Oddity is a song by David Bowie about a trip to space. You think David Bowie has been to space or that it was simply a song based on a hypothetical situation? The wonderful thing about songs is that they don't have to be real. Chris's example is closer to being true, i'll give you that, but still, you're throwing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks.

There are 825527499175 reasons that make people breaking up, cheating is not the only one.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I know and i'm sure that they had a lot of problems (as most married couples do) but, out of that myriad of marriage problems, the supposed cheating is the one that we found out about and that's why i started talking about it...

I almost thought you turned round when you started with "we'll never know exactly what went down" but you followed that off with "but we know stories about Gwen". Stories man, they were stories! Harry fucking Potter is a story designed to entertain and sell. This rumour could just as easily been a story also designed to entertain idiots and sell copies of their magazine. So far you have failed in providing any hard evidence to prove she cheated. You admitted you never met her. How can you be certain of any of this if you are so far removed from the situation?

Chris wrote lyrics to a song that may or may not have happened. Space Oddity is a song by David Bowie about a trip to space. You think David Bowie has been to space? The wonderful thing about songs is that they don't have to be real. Chris's example is closer to being true, but still, you're throwing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks.

I repeat, we as fans and people who don't really have anything to do with their lifes besides being Coldplay fans, will never know what exactly happened and why their marriage crumbled but personally, i have the 'cheating Gwyneth' idea stuck in my head, i hope for Chris' emotional sake that that's not the case because an infidelity hurts a lot so i guess we can just agree to disagree...

I repeat, we as fans and people who don't really have anything to do with their lifes besides being Coldplay fans, will never know what exactly happened and why their marriage crumbled but personally, i have the 'cheating Gwyneth' idea stuck in my head, i hope for Chris' emotional sake that that's not the case because an infidelity hurts a lot so i guess we can just agree to disagree...

You never said (and therefore never repeated) that. Actually, you were acting like you did know based on stories/rumours. You went on about how sure you were that she cheated. That's all I heard you repeat.

Now I bet the mods are waiting to put us out of our misery so let's just end with what you said: that we hope for Chris's emotional state that cheating never occured.

E just reported that they are together at the Bahamas on a family vacation right now.

Better to be there, they wont be harassed by the media. Or at least way less...imagine if they were in LA

Okay

x + y = 15648951631

That sounds about right

There is a rumor around here that she is dating the singer from Radiohead. I don't believe it, but I heard others say that.

:|

Reading this thread is almost similar to reading a tabloid.