🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
Blakexy1125

Criticisms with the album?

Still don't get why Ghost story was not put on the album

EXACTLY, it was the album's title track.

Rolling Stone just ranked Ghost Stories at #48 on their top 50 best albums of 2014. I still don't understand why so many critics hated it. (By the way, U2's new album Songs of Innocence was #1 on that list).

I am super surprised Ghost Stories made a top 50 list this year! That is pretty cool! I never understood how sites rank best albums, I mean, I usually have 10 per year that I adore but I usually don't necessarily have a favorite. I like to look at these lists as "50 Great (Better than average) albums of 2014" If that makes sense.

hahaha but more surprised Songs of Innocence got #1. Rolling Stone was the only site all year to love that album. I personally didn't like it at all. Joey Ramone is good though, and the once Chris is on is really good too.

I am super surprised Ghost Stories made a top 50 list this year! That is pretty cool! I never understood how sites rank best albums, I mean, I usually have 10 per year that I adore but I usually don't necessarily have a favorite. I like to look at these lists as "50 Great (Better than average) albums of 2014" If that makes sense.

hahaha but more surprised Songs of Innocence got #1. Rolling Stone was the only site all year to love that album. I personally didn't like it at all. Joey Ramone is good though, and the once Chris is on is really good too.

Haha, yeah. Not a lot of people really liked Songs of Innocence, mainly because they just didn't want it on their iPhones. I agree with you though, The Miracle and Iris are the two best songs on the album.

I can't agree with you enough. Ghost Story was brilliant, and most importantly, it was the TITLE TRACK! Parachutes had a song called Parachutes, AROBTTH had a song called AROBTTH X&Y had a song called X&Y (and a B-side beginning with the line X&Y), VLVODAAHF had not one but TWO title tracks (VLV and DAAHF), and Mylo Xyloto had a stupid filler track called Mylo Xyloto. This really breaks up the tradition of Coldplay always having a title track in each LP.

It simply doesnt fit in the tracklist.

The album flows great the way it is. So i understand there choice completely, i would have done the same.

Moving To Mars for example, also doesnt fit the tracklist of MX.