📡 HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 📡

Target Version Leaked? (Read first post before posting)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first impressions:

I'm really liking All Your Friends and Ghost Story. I feel like these tracks show a much better representation of how the band could work together while including the new electronic sounds they have been playing with from MX and GS. The instrumentation from the Jonny, Will, and Guy are much more present (especially in Ghost Story) and these songs in result sound a lot fuller than the other songs on GS. These may just become my favorite tracks from GS. To me, electronic sounds are nice but need to be used better in GS. I think when it is used for a more atmospheric experience (Midnight, intro to AIMH) it is very effective. But when it starts to replace the usual instruments, it loses the life that those instruments offer when they are played by Jonny, Will, and Guy.

first impressions:

I'm really liking All Your Friends and Ghost Story. I feel like these tracks show a much better representation of how the band could work together while including the new electronic sounds they have been playing with from MX and GS. The instrumentation from the Jonny, Will, and Guy are much more present (especially in Ghost Story) and these songs in result sound a lot fuller than the other songs on GS. These may just become my favorite tracks from GS. To me, electronic sounds are nice but need to be used better in GS. I think when it is used for a more atmospheric experience (Midnight, intro to AIMH) it is very effective. But when it starts to replace the usual instruments, it loses the life that those instruments offer when they are played by Johnny, Will, and Guy.

My thoughts exactly!

"Ghost Story" is on the same (good) level as most of Bsides from Parachutes or ARoBttH era. The melody is nice, but I miss the energy of real drums.

I love All Your

Lyrics:

On and on

You told which side you're on

ahah

Your forced your throne

to becomes sides to cut the chord

Ahha

Chorus:

All your friends think

ride into the sunset

Fly into the sunset

and away they go (burn?)

All your friends think

Ride into the sunset

fly into the sunset

and away your throne

and open fire-ahahehehahahhhhhhhhh

Ten below

the call come on the radio-ahaha

there you go

and the red now all the rivers flow

the pop? is grown-ahaha

Chorus-

open fire-ehaahehehahhaah x6

Cause if you ride the fire, yeah

Ghost Story especially is much better than some of the album tracks. Sadly it's too different sonically to really fit in. But I'd love the next record to sound like this. It's like a mix of Parachutes and Prospekts March

Ghost Story sounds a bit like Pearl Jam, like a b-side from Viva/AROBTTH. Good, but a B-side. And man, I like the reprise! Why couldn't they just extend that out! I want some atmospheric shoegazey/ xx style instrumentals here for some solid minutes. Come on!