🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I am frankly on a week by week anticipation right now. With all the rumours of festivals and shows for later this year and early in 2016, it feels like we have to be getting at least a single or some news in the next couple months, only about 5 remain after all.

I want to keep guessing what it is going to sound like and reading into the clues, but at this point, I am just going to check up every monday and check the facebook/twitter feeds for something new. Who knows? Maybe that two month break is the perfect time to drop a single before returning to the studio and finishing production and mixing....or not at all hahaha :computer:

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest, I have no idea how this album will sound. Bear in mind that this is the album they would have made if Chris and Gwyneth hadn't split up and Ghost Stories hadn't existed. A lot of the musical style on GS relates to the fact that it's a breakup album. It's very spacious and stripped-back, which wouldn't have happened if it wasn't the album it is, if you see what I mean. The last tour was very small. It would then follow that this one will be big, since they've had this album in mind since doing the last one. Just my thoughts. :thinking:

As for the release date, I would hope that something is coming soon. Chris decided to release the title now for a good reason. Or maybe he didn't… to be honest, I have no idea. But it would seem odd that they released the title a few months ago now and we have to wait all the way until September until we get any material.

Guest diogo_sg

Tbh, I'm even more eager to know what will come after AHFOD, because Guy, at a GS interview, said that after the next album (AHFOD) the band will have a different mindset, so I really don't know what to expect from them!!

"I live to see the world"

Tbh, I'm even more eager to know what will come after AHFOD, because Guy, at a GS interview, said that after the next album (AHFOD) the band will have a different mindset, so I really don't know what to expect from them!!

Yeah that is true, this leads me to believe AHFOD will be more of a mainstream album. I could be wrong but doesn't Coldplay's record deal end after AHFOD? Maybe they will recreate themselves, I think it's too early to speculate though.

Guest diogo_sg
Yeah that is true, this leads me to believe AHFOD will be more of a mainstream album. I could be wrong but doesn't Coldplay's record deal end after AHFOD? Maybe they will recreate themselves, I think it's too early to speculate though.

I don't think their record deal ends after this next album. I really don't.

But you're right, though. It's too early to speculate.

Guest diogo_sg

Can someone please post the links of all the interviews where the guys talked about AHFOD?

I'd appreciate that very much!!

I don't think their record deal ends after this next album. I really don't.

actually, their record deal is coming to an end after lp7. there have been several articles on this and one on how apple may be interested in them. this was even before apple streaming service came out. think they extended the original 5 lp deal to 2 more with parlophone just before or during mylo.

actually, their record deal is coming to an end after lp7. there have been several articles on this and one on how apple may be interested in them. this was even before apple streaming service came out. think they extended the original 5 lp deal to 2 more with parlophone just before or during mylo.

A deal with Apple would make sense as they have a good relationship e.g. Chris was friends with Steve Jobs, he attends Apple press conferences and the Viva La Vida advert helped boost sales.

I think the different mindset after a head full of dreams could be a return to alternative rock. I am dying to hear more alt rock from the band but i don't think ahfod will have much of it.

shifting gears a little, there was a lot of talk of the band taking time off till september. but according to phil's mom, the band are busy this summer on lp7.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Approaching Grand Family hols. LP7 better be good as there is Perfect Storm of clashing dates - reunion will be incomplete v <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay">@coldplay</a> :(</p>— Penny Harvey (@goglandno1) <a href="https://twitter.com/goglandno1/status/622035699362086912">July 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chances are, they are working out of london.

also saw this from a country artist. did chris really say this anytime? i don't recall.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Martin says that the next Coldplay album will be the "Epic Finale"... it's Bittersweet but it sounds amazing</p>— Zack Biss (@ZackBiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZackBiss/status/622806636978114560">July 19, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

not sure how accurate this is. but seeing that the guy is from the industry, made me jump a bit. anyway, guy and jonny did say that lp7 probably won't be the end. but hoping for the "epic" part to be true after the more minimal GS era.

shifting gears a little, there was a lot of talk of the band taking time off till september. but according to phil's mom, the band are busy this summer on lp7.

Approaching Grand Family hols. LP7 better be good as there is Perfect Storm of clashing dates - reunion will be incomplete v

chances are, they are working out of london.

I think she meant to say that they WERE busy all summer. But now they're taking a break.

also saw this from a country artist. did chris really say this anytime? i don't recall.

Chris Martin says that the next Coldplay album will be the "Epic Finale"... it's Bittersweet but it sounds amazing

not sure how accurate this is. but seeing that the guy is from the industry, made me jump a bit. anyway, guy and jonny did say that lp7 probably won't be the end. but hoping for the "epic" part to be true after the more minimal GS era.

Not technically a direct quote that i've heard of, but in line of the idea that LP7 will be the end (of the theme from LP1-LP7 that is, not the end of the band).

I think she meant to say that they WERE busy all summer. But now they're taking a break.

actually she is talking about phil missing out on a family reunion that is coming up soon because of band commitments. note the future tense :) and the summer is hardly over.

seems they are working still. probably with longer breaks in between.

Guest diogo_sg

So, here are some AHFOD facts:

1. It will be colorful and uplifting

2. It will be the completion of something

3. It will be "danceable"

4. It will be very different from GS

5. It won't be their last album

6. It won't be very mainstream

Please add more topics if you know anything else

Things can often be mis-interpreted from fan visits to the bakery on quotes we haven't actually heard. Maybe Jonny said 'We'll be away for 2 months'. Now it could be quite easy to say Coldplay are on a break but maybe they're just away from the Bakery/London for 2 months? Same thing for LP7 being 'the final chapter'. The media are wishful have drawn a conclusion that it will be Coldplay's final album.

It seems like that's the case and Penny Harvey's tweet is a reliable suggestion that the band will still be working on the album over summer :) Might be sparsely, might be often but that's the most likely case.

Guest diogo_sg
Things can often be mis-interpreted from fan visits to the bakery on quotes we haven't actually heard. Maybe Jonny said 'We'll be away for 2 months'. Now it could be quite easy to say Coldplay are on a break but maybe they're just away from the Bakery/London for 2 months? Same thing for LP7 being 'the final chapter'. The media are wishful have drawn a conclusion that it will be Coldplay's final album.

It seems like that's the case and Penny Harvey's tweet is a reliable suggestion that the band will still be working on the album over summer :) Might be sparsely, might be often but that's the most likely case.

What do you think will happen after LP7? I'm insanely eager to know more about that!!!

I only know as much as the interviews told us, at the end of last year. It does seem likely they'll have a long break before LP8. Part of that is the 'current chapter ending' and the other part is the world tour, which is bound to be at least the same size of the MX tour. I'd imagine it's going to last for even longer than the previous one because they missed out Latin America last time.

Guest diogo_sg
I only know as much as the interviews told us, at the end of last year. It does seem likely they'll have a long break before LP8. Part of that is the 'current chapter ending' and the other part is the world tour, which is bound to be at least the same size of the MX tour. I'd imagine it's going to last for even longer than the previous one because they missed out Latin America last time.

And what could the "ending chapter" be? Will they change their style drastically? Eg: are they going to become an EDM band or something similar?

I say it's going to be a mix of all their previous albums. I loved MX and GS but this one will be bigger and better. The band is probably done with the album but we all know Chris and the band strive for perfection which is why I also think they will tweak this and that for quite some time before they release it.