✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't get me wrong but I would love to hear MX 2.0. I would. That album deserved a second chance, a proper storytelling and a smooth transition from song to song. At first I heard MX was ok but after the 2nd part of the track it becomes inappropriate much. An album is like a book, there's no chance of understanding it if you skip one page or two.

Plus the energy that Coldplay had gave through live performance were awesome!

I hate to say it, but Coldplay doesn't have the rock rep to get those guys. Do a guitar based album and then we can talk about those kind of duets.

There's a long history of Coldplay and Noel being friends - most recently Noel gave Chris/Jonny a pedal as detailed in this article by R42 from a while back after Chris performed with Noel Gallagher at the BRIT awards. That said it's not clear whether this pedal was actually used on GS. :(

Alex Turner is also a fan.... [video=youtube;d1h2_TygQYM]

And in addition to these existing connections, I think Coldplay has a reasonable rock cred from songs like GPASYUF, HLH, Strawberry Swing, Yes, 42, to name a few.

There's a long history of Coldplay and Noel being friends - most recently Noel gave Chris/Jonny a pedal as detailed in this article by R42 from a while back after Chris performed with Noel Gallagher at the BRIT awards. That said it's not clear whether this pedal was actually used on GS. :(

Alex Turner is also a fan.... [video=youtube;d1h2_TygQYM]

And in addition to these existing connections, I think Coldplay has a reasonable rock cred from songs like GPASYUF, HLH, Strawberry Swing, Yes, 42, to name a few.

Well, u learn something everyday :) I actually meant at the moment, they dont have any rock cred with MX and GS. Coldplay has made tons of great rock songs.

LP7

Well, u learn something everyday :) I actually meant at the moment, they dont have any rock cred with MX and GS. Coldplay has made tons of great rock songs.

Soft rock. But hella good soft rock. ;)

From tonight's show...

I was standing next to a guy who works for Atlantic records and he said that the guys are planning to release another album in about 12 - 18 months and they will tour with that album. He said the few shows they have scheduled are pretty much it as far as touring.

I'm not sure what to expect with LP7 (or an EP). If Chris is saying they don't want to tour GS because of how personal it is, then I'd expect a happier EP. That's what I'm hoping for at least. Whatever they release next, I hope it's not as depressing as GS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LP7

I remember Chris saying the bonus tracks would be available "to everyone in 6 months" when he was talking to Zane about the target special edition. something like that. My best guess is in 6 months they release an EP with the Target tracks and other songs from the GS sessions, and in maybe 6-10 months after that, they release LP7 and go on tour! (That's asking for a lot)

Maybe asking a little too much. I'm waiting until tomorrow to listen to the bonus tracks, but from what I've heard they're not like the rest of the album. I'm thinking an EP themed off the bonus tracks

Yes that seems the most likely. The bonus tracks are quite good, I would love to have an EP with more songs like them

In my opinion, O is where the album becomes "traditional Coldplay". I'd love to see an old school EP

One of the bonus tracks, Ghost Story is definitely "traditional" Coldplay. Many of us were reminded of AROBTTH, as I'm sure you've read.

I think this is what happened/will happen. This isn't really based on any facts but just one of the possible scenarios to try and make sense of everything. Sorry if its been proposed already.

The idea of GS comes from Chris. It's a heartbreaky album of 'Chris-centric' songs as a way for him to 'vent' his emotions. Management says great, now go on tour and sell billions. Chris is uncomfortable with doing this, as it will diminish the message of the album. Management says fine, but come out with LP7 sooner than your usual 3 year break and get me my monies.

So basically, Chris gets to get this breakup off his chest and the higher-ups get to rake in the cash with an LP7 at a sooner than usual gap in service. Should I take my meds or is this plausible?