LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest howyousawtheworld

Judging by what Chris said in the Zane Lowe interview (great great interview) it seems he feels he's running out of songwriting ideas. It would be great if Jonny, Guy and Will regularly put forward their own fully fledged songs forward for Chris (or maybe in the case of Will) to perform and the freshness of Magic via Guy proves that the other band members have a lot in their locker.

With their last show at the Royal Albert Hall in July, this Ghost Stories era appears to be ending before most of us knew it began. I don't think there's any rush for the band to get back in to the studio immediately but if they've already got solid groundings and plans for what they plan to achieve for their next album then I guess we could expect another album within the next couple of years. I suppose those hard core fans who visit the Bakery and such will keep us updated on any activity happening there.

They wanted to tour this album extensively, but the cost was prohibitive because they wanted a setup like they had at Sony Studios to give the audience a fully immersive experience of the album and what they wanted to convey. Each time to setup would cost 4 million dollars per reports. So, they decided to film over the 3 days in L.A. at the Sony Soundstage in order to capture what they wanted to present on tour.

These 6 dates or so are just promo for the album. They can't tour this album worldwide - 6 months down the road is right around the holidays for the U.S. and the UK - perfect timing for a dvd/blu-ray of the full tv concert with the full album play through, plus a live cd of the concert is an easy sell. Perhaps there may be an EP of the bonus tracks plus two others we haven't heard, or they could just release the bonus tracks for sale in other parts of the world.

From what people heard from the Atlantic record execs - 12 to 18 months is the timeline given for the next record (remember Chris stated they recorded a ton of songs in the past year, many that did not make it to Ghost Stories but perhaps it may have been a Mylo situation if people recall - they recorded songs that ended up going into the LP 7 pile, and the few that did make the cut, made it on Ghost Stories - thus only 9 tracks.

Regardless, i hope they take their time and really work on their songs - I appreciate that they take their time and really hone their songs. No rush in my opinion for greatness. Also, 2 albums within a year or so of each other is beyond gold especially from a band like Coldplay. If they feel confident in the other material for another album with concept and quality intact, then more power to them.

I cannot wait - and am so glad that I went to both NYC concerts. Quick ? is is true they are going to set up Royal Albert Hall like they did for the Sony Studio soundstage - if so, that is going to be one hell of a concert. If anyone knows, let me know, I would seriously consider flying out to London for that.

Guest howyousawtheworld
They wanted to tour this album extensively, but the cost was prohibitive because they wanted a setup like they had at Sony Studios to give the audience a fully immersive experience of the album and what they wanted to convey. Each time to setup would cost 4 million dollars per reports. So, they decided to film over the 3 days in L.A. at the Sony Soundstage in order to capture what they wanted to present on tour.

These 6 dates or so are just promo for the album. They can't tour this album worldwide - 6 months down the road is right around the holidays for the U.S. and the UK - perfect timing for a dvd/blu-ray of the full tv concert with the full album play through, plus a live cd of the concert is an easy sell. Perhaps there may be an EP of the bonus tracks plus two others we haven't heard, or they could just release the bonus tracks for sale in other parts of the world.

From what people heard from the Atlantic record execs - 12 to 18 months is the timeline given for the next record (remember Chris stated they recorded a ton of songs in the past year, many that did not make it to Ghost Stories but perhaps it may have been a Mylo situation if people recall - they recorded songs that ended up going into the LP 7 pile, and the few that did make the cut, made it on Ghost Stories - thus only 9 tracks.

Regardless, i hope they take their time and really work on their songs - I appreciate that they take their time and really hone their songs. No rush in my opinion for greatness. Also, 2 albums within a year or so of each other is beyond gold especially from a band like Coldplay. If they feel confident in the other material for another album with concept and quality intact, then more power to them.

I cannot wait - and am so glad that I went to both NYC concerts. Quick ? is is true they are going to set up Royal Albert Hall like they did for the Sony Studio soundstage - if so, that is going to be one hell of a concert. If anyone knows, let me know, I would seriously consider flying out to London for that.

It would be one hell of a job trying to refit the Royal Albert Hall like the Sony Soundstage! It's probably the grandest venue around.

Royal-Albert-Hall_inside.jpg

Wouldn't bet against a DVD release of the concert alongside the deluxe edition in 6 months time.

Judging by what Chris said in the Zane Lowe interview (great great interview) it seems he feels he's running out of songwriting ideas. It would be great if Jonny, Guy and Will regularly put forward their own fully fledged songs forward for Chris (or maybe in the case of Will) to perform and the freshness of Magic via Guy proves that the other band members have a lot in their locker.

With their last show at the Royal Albert Hall in July, this Ghost Stories era appears to be ending before most of us knew it began. I don't think there's any rush for the band to get back in to the studio immediately but if they've already got solid groundings and plans for what they plan to achieve for their next album then I guess we could expect another album within the next couple of years. I suppose those hard core fans who visit the Bakery and such will keep us updated on any activity happening there.

What makes you say Chris is running out of ideas? If anything it seemed like he's still prolific as ever but insecure about showing the world anything but the top 10.

Nonetheless I agree that the J/G/W have good things up their sleeves. Magic is quite Guy-indeed. HLH, according to a Chris interview, is very Jonny-composed, which would explain why it's so damn good. I'd also like to see Will sing lead vocals on a studio track, like the 2 songs sung by Chris Wolstenholme on the last Muse album.

What did he say?

This could seem out of topic, but seeing this thread and the number 7 in it, just made me remember something... Any of you remember a song called Lucky Seven? I think it was written on a board from the Viva era, but it was discarded alongside with other titles. I guess it would not be risky to think that LP7 could be called like that, for me it sounds cool!

This could seem out of topic, but seeing this thread and the number 7 in it, just made me remember something... Any of you remember a song called Lucky Seven? I think it was written on a board from the Viva era, but it was discarded alongside with other titles. I guess it would not be risky to think that LP7 could be called like that, for me it sounds cool!

Lucky Seven sounds like a pretty cool album name, if you asked me :D

I think when they're record label said more commercial album they meant a bit more of a Coldplay album if that makes sense. GS was a great album but it was missing those big sounds. To me it would make sense if they released another album within the next 18 months. GS feels like it's just part of something bigger.

Get ready for the big stadium anthems

I think the gig today just shows they're more fitted for bigger sounds/songs/shows. While GS is nice (my 2nd favourite album) they seem on top of their game when they're making stadiums/fields jump. GS doesn't make the crowd jump ('cept ASFOS), so i'd expect more an MX sound than GS sound for LP7

I think the gig today just shows they're more fitted for bigger sounds/songs/shows. While GS is nice (my 2nd favourite album) they seem on top of their game when they're making stadiums/fields jump. GS doesn't make the crowd jump ('cept ASFOS), so i'd expect more an MX sound than GS sound for LP7

This. And I don't mind. I really like to seem them enjoying while playing songs like Paradise and Charlie Brown. I think most probably LP7 will be Mylo Xyloto Part 2.

Really I think Ghost Stories is "Chris' Album." It seemed like a lot of the ideas for the album are his. That's why it's stripped back. LP7 is going to be MX part 2 I believe (like stated before). Cause last night just showed that while Ghost Stories is a great album, they are at their best making stadium anthems and sing alongs that make people go crazy.

Plus didn't a band tweet out that they were touring with Coldplay in 2015? And I can't believe they would not perform at Glastonbury at some point.

I Really want Oasis style album from Coldplay even though i don't see that happening

I could see songs like Don't Look Back in Anger and Wonderwall being done in an AROBTTH way. Coldplay kind of "came from" the Britpop that Oasis and Travis were making back in the day.

Well, at least there's this:

[video=youtube;UtWMOEEnuR0]

Plus didn't a band tweet out that they were touring with Coldplay in 2015? And I can't believe they would not perform at Glastonbury at some point.

No, that was some random small band who said they'd be touring with them this summer. But it was posted on April Fools, and as know, there isn't going to be an official tour for this album.

As others have already said, I forgot how incredible it was to watch them blasting their instruments in a large crowd. They just really, truly enjoy themselves. Ghost Stories is my second favorite album, but Coldplay is at their best live when they're in large crowds playing loud songs. This doesn't necessarily mean they have to pull a Mylo Xyloto 2.0, though. Look at X&Y. That wasn't necessarily a fan-favorite album, but their tours were loud and equally as energetic as the Mylo Xyloto Tour.

Wherever they head next, I'm excited. My love for the band has only grown in the past few years, and so I remain optimistic.