✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

The last thing I think we are ever going to be able to do is pick the style for their next album. Every album (excluding X&Y sort of) is different in it's style. I wouldn't be worried about MX part 2 but remember that Coldplay are always learning. So if they decide to go back to something like that they'll do it even better.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me explain the MX part II idea: when i said it, i meant closer to MX sound and further from GS sounds. So just imagine them on a spectrum and i'd place LP7 thusly

MX----------(LP7)------------------------------------GS

Chris just seemed soooo excited and pumped to play those fast party songs , SFOS, ETIAW, Paradise during that Big Weekend festival. I can't see them not wanting to play/create songs like that from this point forward.

I guess they wrote a lot of songs after MX or even earlier, and they put a few of them together on GS because they fit together very well for Chris' love problems. No matter how good they are, just to have the right topic. And the other songs they wrote will be released next year on a usual album (I wouldn't call GS a usual album because it's totally Chris-centric). Well, that's what I'm thinking and hoping for. But I guess you can't say how it will sound, but I think it will have a rather new sound or probably have some eras mixed like in GS.

And of course I hope for CAR KIDS on it. :laugh3:

So many people saying that LP7 will be Mylo Xyloto part two... I think it's gonna be Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends part two. Or maybe in a less probably way, X&Y part two... can you imagine that? Haters are gonna hate.

Ooh, i'd like X&Y part II. I was a fan of the kind of 'space rock' theme they were going for on some of the songs (S1, Talk) but less a fan of the 'art rock' of VLVODAAHF.

Ooh, i'd like X&Y part II. I was a fan of the kind of 'space rock' theme they were going for on some of the songs (S1, Talk) but less a fan of the 'art rock' of VLVODAAHF.

Indeed - X&YII would be brill! I kind of go on this rant a lot but I think Moving to Mars and Atlas both do a great job of synthesizing every Coldplay era in a very nice way in a guitar-piano rock with slight electronic elements and moreover kind of space-like tendency - be it the lyrics and out-of-this-world guitar solo in MTM or the "carry-your-world" and electronicky noises and again, great atmospheric guitar + guitar solo in Atlas - that only X&Y has really achieved (I'd say Speed of Sound, X&Y, A Message, and Twisted Logic also do a great job of having that vibe).

I'm really worried that the next album will be even more ''poppy'' than MX. I had high hopes for GS but GS still contain a lot of poppy elements. And given Chris' love for modern pop/rap artists. I'm a bit worried. Of course it's entirely up to them to decide what they want. If they like it they should do it. But I would rather see a more raw/back to basic approach. I wouldn't mind an entire album with songs like All Your Friends, Ghost Story and O (Which are, in my opinion, the best of this era).

The thing bothering me is the huge amount of backing tracks and non-live instruments being played live. Some songs are even more ''pre-recorded'' live than played live. I just hope that with the next album this won't be necessary anymore. Think of songs like Yellow, GPASUYF. These are 100% live and raw. I love that.

The thing bothering me is the huge amount of backing tracks and non-live instruments being played live. Some songs are even more ''pre-recorded'' live than played live. I just hope that with the next album this won't be necessary anymore. Think of songs like Yellow, GPASUYF. These are 100% live and raw. I love that.

This is so true. It was really a big surprise atlas has no backing track and it sounds so great live. But the other songs this era aren't so pure.

This is from the LP5 - WikiColdplay:

Possible LP5 songs - found on the South Bank Show (September 2009)

The band were seen in discussion with Melvyn Bragg in the autumn as he travelled with them for six months, taking in their win at 2009's Grammy Awards, a tour throughout Japan, the Brit Awards and the War Child concert in London, where they performed with Bono, the Killers and Take That's Gary Barlow. Bragg was also seen spending quality time with the band whilst they worked on their next album in their north London studios, where the following list of songs was gleaned:

1000-1 (Ballad Of …)

Aiko

Alien Radio

Alive Day

Arabesque

Boyfriend

Buzz

Car Kids

Cartoon Head

Cartoon Heart

Christmas Lights

Drunks And Guns

Famous Old Painters

Gardeners On The Frontline

Great Expectations

Harbingers Of Doom

Harmony

Hook Up

If I Ever Fall In Love Again

It Was A Wonderful Day

Love In A Lethal Dose

Lucky Sevens

Sex Violence

Space Symphony

Spanish Rain

Tomorrow

Wedding Bells

Wilderness

Wondering Star

There are many songs to make a new album! And as I said in other post, I guess it would not be risky to think that LP7 could be called like one of the songs in the list, Lucky Sevens. (I thought that it was Lucky Seven and that it was a song from the Viva era, but I was wrong)

This is so true. It was really a big surprise atlas has no backing track and it sounds so great live. But the other songs this era aren't so pure.

Actually, unless I'm hearing it wrong, Atlas has a tiny bit of backing track for the few subtle things at 1:18, 1:31, and 2:22 - high pitched noises that correspond to the recorded version. But your point certainly still stands - Atlas is a song 99% driven by the sound of a piano, guitar, bass, and drums. That is absolutely NOT true for a song like True Love (or Viva la Vida).

Other songs that have 0 backing track that prove that Coldplay can just make loud music however they want without too much pre-recorded happenings:

-Everything's Not Lost, Life is For Living's live version, Spies [well nothing on Parachutes had backing tracks anyways]

-GPASYUF

-Amsterdam

Actually, unless I'm hearing it wrong, Atlas has a tiny bit of backing track for the few subtle things at 1:18, 1:31, and 2:22 - high pitched noises that correspond to the recorded version. But your point certainly still stands - Atlas is a song 99% driven by the sound of a piano, guitar, bass, and drums. That is absolutely NOT true for a song like True Love (or Viva la Vida).

Other songs that have 0 backing track that prove that Coldplay can just make loud music however they want without too much pre-recorded happenings:

-Everything's Not Lost, Life is For Living's live version, Spies [well nothing on Parachutes had backing tracks anyways]

-GPASYUF

-Amsterdam

Yes thats true. There's a tiny bit if backing track and vocals on Atlas but not that much as True love/Asfos/viva.

I think they could easily do without that much backing tracks...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

I can already hear LP7 coming out of my speakers lol oh man it's going to be such a great album with 13 songs, 2 hidden tracks and more than 42 minutes long. It will include 3 EP with the singles including the instrumentals, DVD and world tour. Phil Harvey is going to perform one song with them. Guitar Hero is going to host Coldplay in their next game. Brian Eno will return with Coldplay too but this album will not be as over produced as Mylo Xyloto. Chris Martin comeback to Brian Eno is that he will not be able to play synths, only piano. If the crystal ball tells me more I'll edit.

I can already hear LP7 coming out of my speakers lol oh man it's going to be such a great album with 13 songs, 2 hidden tracks and more than 42 minutes long. It will include 3 EP with the singles including the instrumentals, DVD and world tour. Phil Harvey is going to perform one song with them. Guitar Hero is going to host Coldplay in their next game. Brian Eno will return with Coldplay too but this album will not be as over produced as Mylo Xyloto. Chris Martin comeback to Brian Eno is that he will not be able to play synths, only piano. If the crystal ball tells me more I'll edit.

Uhhhhhh....okay....

This is from the LP5 - WikiColdplay:

Possible LP5 songs - found on the South Bank Show (September 2009)

Harbingers Of Doom

Harmony

Hook Up

If I Ever Fall In Love Again

It Was A Wonderful Day

Love In A Lethal Dose

Lucky Sevens

Sex Violence

Space Symphony

Spanish Rain

Tomorrow

Wedding Bells

Wilderness

Wondering Star

Sex Violence......hmmm.....okay, listen. I would pay a large sum of money to hear ANY version of this, even if it sounded like shit.

Yes thats true. There's a tiny bit if backing track and vocals on Atlas but not that much as True love/Asfos/viva.

I think they could easily do without that much backing tracks...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

jaja not to split hairs but I think Atlas actually has no vocals on backing track based on the London performance - both Chris and Will forget to sing during the second half of the guitar/piano solo and there end up not being vocals at all. Whereas at iTunes and thereafter it looks like they're working pretty hard to do the singing. [though admittedly there's backtracked vocals in Magic during the maa-aaa-aa, Charlie Brown, and maybe Fix You..to name a few]

What does trouble me though, is that Jonny sort of "pretends" to strum the acoustic guitar part in ASFOS - if you watch the Glasgow performance you can see that. This worries me because it makes it seem like they're trying to pretend they're not doing backing tracks or something. I might be overthinking that though.

DAAHF and DLIBYH are two other songs that only have a small amount of backing track but sound great and big.

:lol: