🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

You should be a mod in this forum. You always explain your positions so calmly and have a lot of understanding for both Oldplayers and Newplayers, you could be the ideal mediator :)

I think I just broke that argument :laugh3: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/105152-AHFOD-Reviews-by-Music-Critics?p=5764864&viewfull=1#post5764864

I did it on purpose anyway :P

Thank you, you are very complimentary! I guess I'll just be a "silent" mod :sneaky:

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Important message :)

I'm LOVING the actual thoughtful discussion that's been taking place since the last page! Good job everyone! That's what I like to see from this forum... thoughtful and respectful discussion, not a complete warzone. Keep it up! :) I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen that here! :P :D :laugh3:

I'm putting one of my replies here because there is very important information in my reply that should be kept in mind for the upcoming performance tonight :)

But this works both ways, it gets increasingly hard to like something when so many fans are telling you how awful it is, it brings fans down for liking new stuff the band are putting out. Then we get labelled with that god awful term 'Newplayer', is it bad to enjoy most of what the band put out?

I'm all for criticism, and I understand not everyone on a Coldplay discussion site will like everything, it's just getting to the point where you can't look at a thread on here without turning away less excited because most of the members here already know what the album will sound like apparently.

Exactly. I hate it when someone's opinion gets brought down because so many people hate it and are telling them it's trash. It's fine to criticize but we have to do it politely. Shoving it in other people's faces is not okay and it'll just lower their opinion on the song. Don't TELL them it sucks. Don't TELL them it's trash. Don't tell them it's a FACT that the music sucks. You have to state that it's your opinion, and that opinions differ. For example, I'm just not a big fan of Major Minus. You know, it's just my opinion. There. That's all I had to say to state my opinion. I didn't have to call it trash or anything. That's how you can state your opinion without starting a war. :)

My point is, you can state you dislike something without being disrespecful. I just stated I disliked Major Minus without calling it trash. Without calling is a piece of s***. To everyone calling these new songs trash, I'm completely fine if you dislike it. That's okay. However, there is NO reason to call it trash, to call it "utter s***e", to call it anything like that. You don't have to like it, but please try to refrain from acting like it's a FACT that it's trash, and it sucks. By doing that you could bring down other people's opinion on the song, and they'd be sad because it doesn't feel as "special" to them anymore. So, just politely state your opinion on the song, give a reason why, and that's all you have to do. You don't have to call a track trash and act like it's a fact. It's just your opinion, don't act like it isn't. Okay? I hope you've all read this because this is important to stop this forum from blowing up ever again. This forum quite literally split when Amazing Day came out. It was just not okay. So, people who don't like a song, politely state your opinion so people who do like it don't blow up and get mad at you. We don't want what happened in the Amazing Day-blow up to happen ever again, right? Okay. We learn from our mistakes, and move on. Don't call AHFOD or Everglow or HTFW or Up&Up trash, because again, this forum WILL blow up if you disrespecfully call it trash. Politely state your opinion, and move on. This is important because we do not need another blow up again. I'm telling you all now BEFORE hand so hopefully this forum doesn't turn into a warzone itself. Once you act like it's trash, this forum splits. If you realize that it's just your opinion and that the song doesn't actually "suck" or anything, all will be okay.

Alright. Respectful rant over:D. We've prepared ourself for tonight. Let's have a fun time and enjoy the concert!:D:D:D

On with the rest:

lennyrott1, your quote's in red.

gentleparachute (I ran away for one of them), your 3 quote's are in blue.

Xylobryte98, your quote's in gold.

Sorry if this is thinking too far ahead--but is anyone else stoked about the possibility of an EP or just a few B-Sides for this era??

I feel like their b-sides usually represent the more skeletal, less produced material/demos they were messing with before the final product came out. For GS, that was the angsty All Your Friends and folksy alt-rock of Ghost Story...so take the B-sides, layer the production, add better melodies, and make it poppier, and you have an A-side.

It sounds like AHFOD is taking on some crazy influences, so the question becomes this: If there are B-sides that are less poppy, more skeletal, what do they sound like? Hindi-rock? Psychedelic rock or electronica? Funk or Classical??? These are things I wanted in the first place so I would be ecstatic if we got an EP from this thing next year.

You just got me SUPER hyped for the B-sides of this album. Like, REALLY hyped. More than I've ever been before.

After all, we all know what Moving to Mars ended up being. The B-sides of this era could be just as magnificent, probably even more.

These could really be some of Coldplay's most experimental pieces. Think about it. You're going to love them.

I really hope they put out an EP. That actually has a legitimate chance of even better than the album itself.

Come on Coldplay. Please make this happen. :D

Politely' date=' I sometimes feel some Oldplayers get aggressive themselves.. using words like fuck, shit, rubbish, rock is dead (for certain situations) etc to describe what is happening feels quite aggressive to me... Feel free to discuss, or even vent... but if you get emotional, don't be surprised if the response gets equally emotional (remember no one can tell the context if you're not letting us know) :)[/quote']

Exactly, I completely agree with you. :)

I think I just broke that argument :laugh3: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/105152-AHFOD-Reviews-by-Music-Critics p=5764864&viewfull=1#post5764864

I did it on purpose anyway :P

Thank you, you are very complimentary! I guess I'll just be a "silent" mod :sneaky:

You know, I may put a ton of effort into my posts but I rarely put THAT much effort into them. That's amazing! :P

^^ I'd like to officially welcome all "Newplayers" - I'm an "allplayer" myself - I've been with this band since Parachutes and I'm still here... don't let some of the Oldplayers scare you off - you all have an equal right to be here, and like / dislike their music and express your opinion :)

I will speak up if things are swinging too much in the "shitty" / negative direction :)

I'm with you all the way! As you can see above me, I've already prepared this forum for tonight so things don't blow up. Hopefully everyone read my post so this forum isn't going to turn into a warzone tomorrow :laugh4:

Also, I personally agree with @I ran away's claim that you should be a mod :)

You should be a mod in this forum. You always explain your positions so calmly and have a lot of understanding for both Oldplayers and Newplayers' date=' you could be the ideal mediator :)[/quote']

EDIT: I did notice you are a Honorary Coldplayer tho...:D

^^^ agree with all three of you.

Have been saying this for quite a while already. The amount of criticism that the 'oldplayers' have been showering the new sound with is more than I have ever heard even from someone who hates Coldplay.

Hating the music and calling it 'The End' 'R.I.P Coldplay' 'Artistically dead' and stuff brings down people. Even if someone who loves AOAL wouldn't speak up only to be called a 'newplayer' and pop-lover.

I for one love most of the stuff Coldplay have given us.

My favorite album is MX but Violet Hill, 42, and Clocks are among my top 10 favorite songs.

At this point its not about liking pop or liking rock, its about liking Coldplay. True none of us can love all the songs on the album. But at least wait, for every Coldplay album has atleast one song for everyone.

All of us here are 'Coldplay lovers'

No one wants us to get segregated as 'old, new or gold players'.

Nuff said. This post is perfect. :) You also like MX the best? Awesome! :D :thumbsup:

Guest diogo_sg
Didn't they soundcheck 5 last week?

doesnt mean they'll play all of them. Ppl often soundcheck things without playing them at the gig

Which songs did they (supposedly) soundcheck?

doesnt mean they'll play all of them. Ppl often soundcheck things without playing them at the gig

At the end of the day, a soundcheck is exactly that, an exercise to check the sound. I wouldn't be surprised if they play old X&Y songs we would all love to hear during soundchecks. Lots of bands do that.

ah true, I actually remember they soundchecked Crest of Waves (I think) before a gig and they never ended up playing that.

Which songs did they (supposedly) soundcheck?

It was AHFOD, Amazing Day, AOAL, Everglow, and Up&Up I think

ah true, I actually remember they soundchecked Crest of Waves (I think) before a gig and they never ended up playing that.

It was AHFOD, Amazing Day, AOAL, Everglow, and Up&Up I think

How do people even know what songs they sound checked?