🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
Kingzilla

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Listened to it when it leaked and couldn't get a chance to download until now! I love these songs even more, but I have to agree that many of them are fillers.

Up & up it's strange...so different from the live version

I know. I'm not happy how they produced it without the prominent piano. But I don't know... with the piano, it kinda sounded like a Taylor Swift melody.

Listened to it when it leaked and couldn't get a chance to download until now! I love these songs even more, but I have to agree that many of them are fillers.

I mean at this point as long as the songs are half descent I don't even mind

DAY ONE "MX vs. AHFOD" COMPARISON

My favorites from MX:

-Hurts Like Heaven

-Paradise

-Charlie Brown

-Us Against the World

-Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

-Don't Let It Break Your Heart

-U.F.O

-Up With The Birds (best in MX)

My favorites from AHFOD:

-A Head Full of Dreams

-Birds

-Adventure of a Lifetime

-Army of One

-Amazing Day

-Up&Up (best in AHFOD)

Other Facts:

-MX' production is pretty good. On the other hand, AHFOD's sucks.

Winner: MX

p.s: This is a Day One review. I am pretty sure that as the days pass, AHFOD will get better and better in my ears.

I don't think you can really say the production to AHFOD sucks- unless you hear the high-quality version.

The leaked album, so far, is only low quality. You can hear the signal crush on the bass- I don't know how it was ripped..but it wasn't done right.

Wow I just realized Color Spectrum is the same as the intro to AHFOD and we just thought they secretly played CS during the Tidal concert

I don't think you can really say the production to AHFOD sucks- unless you hear the high-quality version.

The leaked album, so far, is only low quality. You can hear the signal crush on the bass- I don't know how it was ripped..but it wasn't done right.

Lol we mention this now after the whole forum bitching about production ahahhaa

A lot of displeasure/criticism here. :thinking: It's weird being on the other side- usually it's me the one putting the screws to Coldplay and others liking whatever it is. ;) Also not sure if I'm oblivious or the sound quality on what I heard was better, I don't hear much production. Not like MX had. After 5/6 listens:

Birds 10/10 (Definitely a Top 10 Coldplay song for me, no question)

AHFOD 9/10 (Wish I could hear the guitar more, bass is amazing)

Everglow 9/10 (Love Chris' emotion and the piano/guitar, lyrics quite good as well)

Up&Up 9/10 (Jonny's solo is A+, I think it's Noel's they made quieter but can still hear goodish)

Amazing Day 8.5/10 (the electric drums (UiF anyone?) don't sound as good as the live drums I think)

Adventure of a Lifetime 8.0/10 (great music, Chris' lyrics range from good to quite generic (but it is from a book!) and woohoos bring it down)

Kaleidescope 7.5/10 (short and sweet, great piano/message/sampling/vocals)

Fun 7.5/10 (Chorus reminds me of Next to You by Jordin Sparks which I like, also good guitar)

Colour Spectrum 7.0/10 (amalgamation of other sounds on the album. It's just alright. Nothing offensive)

Army of One 7.0/10 (I like the electronic voices, AiMH-esque drums and the organ but again Chris' lyrics...)

Hymn for the Weekend 5.5/10 (The music is interesting at some points like the chorus but drunk and high? C'mon Chris. Beyonce did fine, your lyrics are garbage...)

X Marks the Spot 2.5/10 (Never)

I'd give it a 7.5-8. My rankings- T1. ARoBttH (9.8) T1. VlVoDaAHF (9.8) 3. Parachutes (9.3) 4. MX (9.1) 5. X&Y (8.3) 6. AHFoD (7.5-8) 7. GS (6.-6.5) :thinking:

I'd just like to add. You can't blame Stargate for being Stargate and yes, the rest of the band agreed (G and W reluctantly) to work with them. But Chris is the one who introduced them. As far as I'm concerned, he's the one to blame for your grievances. :nod: Also how the hell do you go Birds, HFTW, Everglow? HFTW should be by Army of One/X Marks the Spot where it actually fits more.

Actually I thought the exactly same thing. But then I had an idea. I compared the audio quality of Everglow and Adventure of a Lifetime on my Spotify account (which are 320kbps) and the audio quality of the same songs from the leak. Also, I said the same thing when I listened to Adventure of a Lifetime on Spotify. Hence, I don't think high quality audio will change the production quality.

Oh ahah I just saw ASFOS and I thought we were just naming crap Coldplay songs

Oh, no man. I love ASFOS tbh. Even though my favorite album is Parachutes.

Lol we mention this now after the whole forum bitching about production ahahhaa

That's why I'm reluctant to say anything about the music. First off- I have the Coldplay bias. I can't just listen to these songs without fitting them with other Coldplay songs..and just the idea of what I think Coldplay is. The first time I listened to HFTW, I didn't like it. Then I listened again...just on my way to work, and I liked it. I couldn't imagine the AROBTTH era Coldplay singing- "like I'm so drunk and high...so high.." Like...noooooo!!!!

But aside from that kind of bias, there's listening to songs in low quality... a lot of people can't tell it is...but when these people listen in high quality...the songs will just have more energy..and they'll like them more.

Including myself..

But besides that..I'm just trying to wrap my head around the different sound..what I feared the most is that they were gonna go the way of Taylor Swift. I fear it's studioheads whispering in their damn ears to go this direction. Cause that's what's "poppin"..

But as long as they keep doing good pop songs, I guess I'll listen.

Every album has its own "A Sky Full Of Stars". It was "Shiver" for Parachutes, "In My Place" for AROBTTH, Lovers in Japan for Viva La Vida and "Hardest Part" for X&Y.

:whaaat: Shiver, In My Place and Lovers in Japan are all great songs! And Hardest Part is definitely better than ASFOS. But that's just me.

:whaaat: Shiver, In My Place and Lovers in Japan are all great songs! And Hardest Part is definitely better than ASFOS. But that's just me.

Definitely agree.

finally listening to the album. on the first listen, the song i really want to go back and listen to over and over is birds!

giphy.gif

a few songs that are nice enough. but then, why did stargate have to mess with that beauty that's already coldplay on up&up?!!! the live version sounds x1000 better without all the fake, soulless ness injected by their production. stargate!

tumblr_n6e4fgdbhx1rluf9zo3_500.gif

now on to the most obvious negatives.

army of one:

LTKkMz65c.jpeg

and about x marks the spot..

%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82-%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%82-%D1%83%D1%82%D0%BA%D0%B0-%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C-753541.gif

it makes up in flames sound like mozart's compositions!

looks like this will be an album where i'll only listen to some select songs for the most part, just like x&y, mx and gs.

finally listening to the album. on the first listen, the only song i really want to go back and listen to over and over is birds!

giphy.gif

a few songs that are nice enough. but then, why did stargate have to mess with that beauty that's already coldplay on up&up?!!! the live version sounds x1000 better without all the fake, soulless ness injected by their production. stargate!

tumblr_n6e4fgdbhx1rluf9zo3_500.gif

now on to the most obvious negatives.

army of one:

LTKkMz65c.jpeg

and about x marks the spot..

%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82-%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%82-%D1%83%D1%82%D0%BA%D0%B0-%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C-753541.gif

it makes up in flames sound like mozart's compositions!

looks like this will be an album where i'll only listen to some select songs for the most part, just like x&y, mx and gs.

This. Exactly this.

finally listening to the album. on the first listen, the song i really want to go back and listen to over and over is birds!

I know! I listened to it so many times my phone told me it was overheating! No joke!

Yup I refuse to listen to the leak, so I'll catch everyone next weekend. :)

I think the reason birds is so awesome is because Everyone is obviously awesome, but it's very lively in the chorus especially. I guess Stargate learned how to produce good lively music after they finished Up&Up.

If I remember when MX leaked some people said that the quality wasn't good and that the soings would sound better on the album and I never heard any difference so I expect that the same will happen to AHFOD, but I don't care I like it so far! But my back hurts so I need to sleep :lol: goodnight everyone today was an amazing day

In my opinion, there's no such thing as a bad Coldplay album or a bad Coldplay song. While this album is at the bottom of my rankings, I'm enjoying it - and that's because my musical tastes are all over the place. There are great songs and ok songs, but there's nothing amazing or shitty either.

I think the reason birds is so awesome is because Everyone is obviously awesome, but it's very lively in the chorus especially. I guess Stargate learned how to produce good lively music after they finished Up&Up.

yeah! everyone is on top form there! stargate doesn't seem to be getting on their way either. gonna go listen to it more. out of all the varying genres codplay have dabbled with since viva, this is the one that made me go YES!!

Some factors from Ghost Stories are still in AHFOD. I can consider this album a combination of GS/MX with a tiny bit of Viva in there. I just don't believe that The band tried to make it the happiest album possible. The depressing factors that made Ghost Stories Ghost Stories are still present.