📺 STREAM COLDPLAY AT GLASTONBURY 2002 REMASTERED IN HD 📺
Kingzilla

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I think that this album is amazing. Maybe the only one to think so. :\

Nope, you're not the only one! :D

I think it's amazing. It just flows so well, the songs are so beautiful as a whole, and there's many cases in which one song bleeds into the next without an abript ending of one (which I really like how they managed to pull that off). Not to mention the INSANE experimentation taking place -- more so than Viva, which is crazy in and of itself!

But overall, this album is amazing.

I think that this album is amazing. Maybe the only one to think so :\

If they do in fact reinvent themselves for the next era i wonder what the next genre they do will be. Couldn't see them doing metal.

P.S. Watch the EP they put out next year completely blow us away and be better than the whole of AHFOD, MX, and GS combined. It'll then be better than Viva:P

EP Listing:

1. Deja Vu- An acoustic, ambient alternative rock track featuring lines such as 'I trip and I fall against the wall of Deja Vu'

2. Rest/Harmonies- A dreamy electronic styled track with Chris echoing and Jonny shoegazing. Very psychedelic.

3. Army Of Four- A collabration with Jon Hopkins, Matt Bellamy, Noel Gallagher and Thom Yorke, exploring every part of the universe. The song begins with a short but abstract piano intro from Chris, then Matt starts to be heard with his falsetto as he breaks into the first verse, Jonny once again shoegazing. The song then breaks into a Bohemian Rhapsody styled middle with an epic slow guitar solo from Noel. Then the flanger comes in and fades that out, leaving Thom just going acapella until Jonny's badass guitar solo comes in. A bit like the one from 'Just'. Then we can hear lots of instrument thrashing and mentalness like 'Anyone Can Play Guitar' or even 'Endless Nameless' and then the guitar just rings for a bit breaking into Chris and the band with Chris on his piano. Chris then talks about how he wanted 'her' to join him fall of the edge of the universe but 'she' doesn't want to. The ending is completely epic. Everyone just goes apeshit with everything, there's trumpets and violins and then Thom and Chris hold a long note and the song comes to a climax with Will on his real drum set smashing the hell out of them. There is then a short interlude called 'Redorangeyellowgreenblue' that fades into:

4. Gone And Forgotten- Chris begins this ballad with the band and talks about a memory that he can't ever think about.

I think that this album is amazing. Maybe the only one to think so :\

WHAT??? A double post split by TWO POSTS???? HOLY!!! This is ONCE IN A LIFETIME!!!!

i'm happy not to be the only but i read only words full of negativity.

EP Listing:

1. Deja Vu- An acoustic, ambient alternative rock track featuring lines such as 'I trip and I fall against the wall of Deja Vu'

2. Rest/Harmonies- A dreamy electronic styled track with Chris echoing and Jonny shoegazing. Very psychedelic.

3. Army Of Four- A collabration with Jon Hopkins, Matt Bellamy, Noel Gallagher and Thom Yorke, exploring every part of the universe. The song begins with a short but abstract piano intro from Chris, then Matt starts to be heard with his falsetto as he breaks into the first verse, Jonny once again shoegazing. The song then breaks into a Bohemian Rhapsody styled middle with an epic slow guitar solo from Noel. Then the flanger comes in and fades that out, leaving Thom just going acapella until Jonny's badass guitar solo comes in. A bit like the one from 'Just'. Then we can hear lots of instrument thrashing and mentalness like 'Anyone Can Play Guitar' or even 'Endless Nameless' and then the guitar just rings for a bit breaking into Chris and the band with Chris on his piano. Chris then talks about how he wanted 'her' to join him fall of the edge of the universe but 'she' doesn't want to. The ending is completely epic. Everyone just goes apeshit with everything, there's trumpets and violins and then Thom and Chris hold a long note and the song comes to a climax with Will on his real drum set smashing the hell out of them. There is then a short interlude called 'Redorangeyellowgreenblue' that fades into:

4. Gone And Forgotten- Chris begins this ballad with the band and talks about a memory that he can't ever think about.

I can only dream... :D

But hopefully the EP if it ever comes out will be as long as Prospekt's March.

sorry but i'm new on the forum

Oh I didn't even notice that!!! :D

Welcome to Coldplaying. You've came here at a great time. The album is just about to be released and everyone despite what you're seeing is extremely excited. Have a good time here and enjoy your stay! :)

Oh I didn't even notice that!!! :D

Welcome to Coldplaying. You've came here at a great time. The album is just about to be released and everyone despite what you're seeing is extremely excited. Have a good time here and enjoy your stay! :)

At The Coldplaying Hotel:D

By "executed terribly" I mean that the way they made them sonud isn't great. So sorry if you misread it. It's just my opinion, the two worst songs of Coldplay are Major Minus and 1.36 because IMO they don't sound very good. I like the rocky ideas behind them though. But that's pretty much it.

But really if you want "insane" check out "People who quit this forum after Mylo"

I thoroughly respect your opinion but technically speaking, TECHNICALLY speaking you're wrong. I accept that in your opinion they might not sound good but if we were to judge both songs from a musical point of view i.e how they're executed, the production and instrumentation etc they're THE perfect rock songs. They're also two of Coldplay's best output in their entire discography.

But I totally understand if you don't like them. Different tastes is what makes music so exciting. I can also assure you those who stopped actively posting after MX aren't crazy. A lot of people myself included needed some time to accept the band we loved no longer exists. Pretty fucking wild back then!

I thoroughly respect your opinion but technically speaking, TECHNICALLY speaking you're wrong. I accept that in your opinion they might not sound good but if we were to judge both songs from a musical point of view i.e how they're executed, the production and instrumentation etc they're THE perfect rock songs. They're also two of Coldplay's best output in their entire discography.

But I totally understand if you don't like them. Different tastes is what makes music so exciting. I can also assure you those who stopped actively posting after MX aren't crazy. A lot of people myself included needed some time to accept the band we loved no longer exists. Pretty fucking wild back then!

But that's what I'm saying. They're rock tracks and that's great. But the way it sounds isn't the best.

Birds :heart: :dazzled:

on a completely unrelated note I was trying to find a good emoji that represented my thoughts for birds, and I found these gems

:elephant: :elmo: :furious3:

Its sad really because it seems like as they age they only get younger. But I honestly think that trend won't continue for longer. It just can't. For LP8 you're not going to expect a 42-year old man to sing about getting drunk and high (no matter if it's meaningful). I can see them growing up after a little while.

Also, a 42-year old man.. best album of Coldplay I discovered is still up and coming :D

Exactly this. I feel like this is the last dancey pop album as Chris won't be able to dance around and sing forever. I mean he is already losing his breath pretty fast. So this is a good time to get that last run in there. After this it will probably die back down and we will see him on the piano and guitar a lot more.

Birds :heart: :dazzled:

on a completely unrelated note I was trying to find a good emoji that represented my thoughts for birds, and I found these gems

:elephant: :elmo: :furious3:

I agree birds is great but there are other songs that deserve much

i'm happy not to be the only but i read only words full of negativity.

Your not the only one! Viva is still my favorite for the time being, but after a few listens, I am really loving this album more and more. Its definitely up near the top for me. Its really great and it is going to be awesome live :D

Exactly this. I feel like this is the last dancey pop album as Chris won't be able to dance around and sing forever. I mean he is already losing his breath pretty fast. So this is a good time to get that last run in there. After this it will probably die back down and we will see him on the piano and guitar a lot more.

Yeah. He's lucky to STILL be running around and jumping in the first place at his age! No wonder he's losing his breath so quickly now.

Because of that, we can expect more meaningful stuff like in Coldplay's older days in the future simply because he's not going to be feeling the energy for dancing around and jumping anymore. :D

Yeah. He's lucky to STILL be running around and jumping in the first place at his age! No wonder he's losing his breath so quickly now.

Because of that, we can expect more meaningful stuff like in Coldplay's older days in the future simply because he's not going to be feeling the energy for dancing around and jumping anymore. :D

Exactly this. And it may seem annoying at some points now, but we will probably miss it when he stops doing it. So lets enjoy this dancey era. Let's jump and spin with Chris while we still can!

Your not the only one! Viva is still my favorite for the time being, but after a few listens, I am really loving this album more and more. Its definitely up near the top for me. Its really great and it is going to be awesome live :D

Me too i love Viva la Vida above all Life in tecnicolor II (prospekt's march edition)

Me too i love Viva la Vida above all Life in tecnicolor II (prospekt's march edition)

That is probably my favorite song by them. I think Viva La Vida will always be my favorite because it was my first album release and era. So the nostalgia is a huge part of it for me.

That is probably my favorite song by them. I think Viva La Vida will always be my favorite because it was my first album release and era. So the nostalgia is a huge part of it for me.

I especially like the atmosphere of Viva la Vida I believe no other band in the world can do a job like that.

I especially like the atmosphere of Viva la Vida I believe no other band in the world can do a job like that.

Yeah absolutely. I agree with you on that. That album can't be replicated every again by anybody. Its absolute perfection (In my opinion of course, others will disagree lol).