Posted Images

Album/Era - Release Date - Final Tour Date

Parachutes - July 2000 - June 2001

A Rush of Blood to the Head - August 2002 - September 2003

X&Y - June 2005 - March 2007

Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends - June 2008 - March 2010

Mylo Xyloto - October 2011 - December 2012

Ghost Stories - May 2014 - July 2014

Assuming that wiki info is accurate, it appears eras generally last 3 years (1 or 2 years for touring, the rest for studio recording). However, with GS, the era should be shorter with there being fewer tour dates.

So instead, let's look at duration from last tour date to next era's album release. It appears to be a little over a year; lets say 16 months. That should mean LP7 release ~ November 2015 with pre-album hype (singles, leak hunt 2015, interviews, other hype) in September/October 2015.

All speculation of course, just thought i'd throw some reasoning on the table, instead of just blurting out a date with nothing to back it up but gut feeling.

I think LP7 is right around the corner. Remember we all first thought we would get Ghost Stories around September? But it was like HEY WE'RE COLDPLAY AND WE'RE DROPPING A RECORD IN TWO MONTHS AND HERE ARE TWO NEW SONGS. It's the new style I guess, I don't know. LP7 could be there at christmas.

I expect a similar sort of release to Mylo. 2015 Festivals to show off the new songs with the album coming out September/October 2015 and a 2016 megatour/2015 Arena Tour. It could possibly be released before festival season with an extended Arena run though.

In terms of style, I think we know they are going to make a more commercial album.

I think LP7 is right around the corner. Remember we all first thought we would get Ghost Stories around September? But it was like HEY WE'RE COLDPLAY AND WE'RE DROPPING A RECORD IN TWO MONTHS AND HERE ARE TWO NEW SONGS. It's the new style I guess, I don't know. LP7 could be there at christmas.

I hope not ... This is Coldplay !!! Not Call of Duty :lol:

I think we'll get the LP7 hype starting around the end of this year (think Christmas Lights before the Mylo Campaign), maybe with a new EP including All Your Friends, Ghost Story, O Part 2 and 1 or 2 new songs? Chris DID say they'd be out everywhere in about 6 months in April (So October-November seems plausible).

At a guess, I'm gonna say we'll get some early in the year Festival/Small Tour dates at which they can reveal songs, before album release in Early Summer and an arena tour following from that - probably becoming a stadium tour into the winter/2016.

Exciting! :D

I was thinking something even crazier for LP7 release... I just checked when Radiohead released Kid A (2 October 2000) and later Amnesiac (5 June 2001), there was just a period of 8 months between each album. So based on that, I'm gonna take the risk to assume that Coldplay have a lot of new material, enough to release LP7 at the end of this year or in January 2015, and then start a big tour in Winter/Spring 2015. And probably this is their main plan from the beginning of this new era.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update post 153, I just realized that the logic is a bit faulty. I used the last tour date to signify the last day of the era when that may not work with this era. You see, the last tour date was just this past week but it isn't really the end of the era yet with at least the True Love single/mv yet to be released let alone another single. There's some murkiness regarding when the last day of a certain era is....

I hope they release the new album next year. Not that I'm tired of Ghost Stories, but I want songs that stay with everybody, like Fix You, Yellow, Clocks, Viva la Vida or The Scientist.

I'm the same way. I was fine with GS when it came out because it fit what was going on in my life. Now ASFOS is the only song I listen to regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please let this come out soon! Ghost Stories overall wore on me pretty quickly :embarrassed: Unlike every other Coldplay album it just doesn't have that instant classic/almost perfect vibe to it that keeps others on repeat, it almost feels too safe. I really want to see this current era be used as a propellant into some new fresh and tightly executed tunes: more atmosphere, better lyrics, more interesting electronics/beats, or hell, more rock 'n roll or an all out acoustic jam fest.

Coldplay is a band that could literally do anything it wants to and sell millions of records or singles, why not make things more interesting? I want an album sans obligatory big hit. No more production from DJ's or hitmaker producers. Ditch Epworth, Timbaland and Avicii and go for the experimentation that Eno and Hopkins are known for. Or why not work with other REAL solid musicians to explore new sounds? Artists like Rihanna and Avicii aren't going to take them anywhere interesting for me.

When I think of how talented Coldplay are, playing so many instruments, having so many good genre crossing tunes, so much production value, it is frustrating to hear songs like ASFOS or True Love that follow bland cliches and fads. They can do so much more than that and man I hope they do soon.

Please let this come out soon! Ghost Stories overall wore on me pretty quickly :embarrassed: Unlike every other Coldplay album it just doesn't have that instant classic/almost perfect vibe to it that keeps others on repeat, it almost feels too safe. I really want to see this current era be used as a propellant into some new fresh and tightly executed tunes: more atmosphere, better lyrics, more interesting electronics/beats, or hell, more rock 'n roll or an all out acoustic jam fest.

Coldplay is a band that could literally do anything it wants to and sell millions of records or singles, why not make things more interesting? I want an album sans obligatory big hit. No more production from DJ's or hitmaker producers. Ditch Epworth, Timbaland and Avicii and go for the experimentation that Eno and Hopkins are known for. Or why not work with other REAL solid musicians to explore new sounds? Artists like Rihanna and Avicii aren't going to take them anywhere interesting for me.

When I think of how talented Coldplay are, playing so many instruments, having so many good genre crossing tunes, so much production value, it is frustrating to hear songs like ASFOS or True Love that follow bland cliches and fads. They can do so much more than that and man I hope they do soon.

While I agree with most of your post, I thought true love was the best song on the album.

Agree.. mostly! 'Interesting' is exactly the right word. GS lacks that. (Except midnight, I still find it interesting)

Chris Martin is an unbelievable talent. He can so much better, if he wants to.

Guest kmm1482
I think it was the Zane Lowe interview where Chris revealed the lads were working on new material along with Madeon. Unfortunately, I see more ASFOS-esque songs in the future...

If that's the case, I'm officially done

All they said in the zane lowe interview was that it wasn't their last album and the bonus songs from the target deluxe version would come out in six months (came out sooner i guess unless they appear on something else in the future). Chris said Madeon made a 'boom' sound on O that appears right the end (i think credit for such a simple part is unnecessary) and he also helped out sonically with Always In My Head somehow (im guessing he dampened jonny's guitar in favor for the electronic sounds). There was no mention of who, if anyone, they are working with now. I think itd be cool to see more help from Jon Hopkins and have Guy do some more mixing and writing. Brian Eno did a great job on Viva, but if he brings anything from his own newest album, Someday World, it might turn out cheesy and lackluster. Looking forward to some news by the end of the year, FINGERS CROSSED! I know it's too early to do things like this, but I'm guessing the next album will be titled "Tomorrow." There's a bunch of little things that point to this but it's really just a shot in the dark.

Guest kmm1482
Cool. See you, won't miss ya.

Good. Wasn't really looking for your approval anyway : )

Guest kmm1482
All they said in the zane lowe interview was that it wasn't their last album and the bonus songs from the target deluxe version would come out in six months (came out sooner i guess unless they appear on something else in the future). Chris said Madeon made a 'boom' sound on O that appears right the end (i think credit for such a simple part is unnecessary) and he also helped out sonically with Always In My Head somehow (im guessing he dampened jonny's guitar in favor for the electronic sounds). There was no mention of who, if anyone, they are working with now. I think itd be cool to see more help from Jon Hopkins and have Guy do some more mixing and writing. Brian Eno did a great job on Viva, but if he brings anything from his own newest album, Someday World, it might turn out cheesy and lackluster. Looking forward to some news by the end of the year, FINGERS CROSSED! I know it's too early to do things like this, but I'm guessing the next album will be titled "Tomorrow." There's a bunch of little things that point to this but it's really just a shot in the dark.

I would LOVE to see Hopkins produce all of LP7!

Guest kmm1482
Why are you posting again? Thought you were "done"...

You're not a very good reader, are you?

If that's the case, I'm officially done

:stunned:

I've heard a lot of people saying they're "done" with Coldplay after GS and didn't want to see them on the GS tour but went anyways. Good luck with being done :laugh3: