⭐️DISCUSS COLDPLAY'S RUMOURED UPCOMING ALBUM!🪐
Kingzilla

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

high time chris gets his head examined it looks like. lol. wish he would just buy a sports car and get back to making good music ;) jk

• Like 1

The more I listen to this album, the more I like it. It's grown on me faster than Mylo Xyloto. I think it's a pretty good pop-rock album.

• Like 1

Short question :

Is it known what happened to their shooted video in India?! Probably another scrapped one? Do we know for sure it was meant for AHFOD -the song ?

Short question :

Is it known what happened to their shooted video in India?! Probably another scrapped one? Do we know for sure it was meant for AHFOD -the song ?

Some people have said that it is for the song Hymn for the Weekend. I just forgot the source.

That would feel weird.

The surroundings there would fit AHFOD so much better than Hymn :(

Haha. you're correct. But who knows, Coldplay might surprise us :D

"Drink for me. drink for me " or "so high ,so high"

with all those kind indian fellows around. Just no.

But to be fair to coldplay though, its not about getting drunk and doing drugs though, its about being drunk in life and high in love :)

Metaphor at its core. :D

But to be fair to coldplay though, its not about getting drunk and doing drugs though, its about being drunk in life and high in love :)

Metaphor at its core. :D

"Life is a drink and love's a drug"

They shot Hymn for the weekend in India. I think it should be their next single since they are using the Indian theme everywhere.

As someone who doesn't drink alcoholics, and hates drugs, I feel pretty disgusted about that methapor. But to each is own, I guess.

• Like 1

I'm sure that for LP8 they will do something experimental and revolutionary again, just like with Viva. Possibly they will reclute Brian Eno again or maybe Jon Hopkins. I think that because I feel that it's what they planned from beginning to end, and it's a thing to do after every 3 albums. So they had Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y, then Viva and after that Mylo Xyloto, Ghost Stories and AHFOD = 3 albums as a trilogy, then an album that breaks the pattern and then another trilogy. So I guess and hope that AHFOD will be followed by another album in the vein of Viva.

• Like 3

I so loved your reaction! LOL And I so dislike that song haha

Thankfully for me , as much as he might love it, I dont think Chris has it in him to ever write a tune (or lack thereof) like that! haha

Oh and if he ever does, I see Will nostrils flare and Guy leaving the room *LOL*

[MEDIA=twitter]675862550442074112[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/675862550442074112

What in the actual f*ck

THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING

• Like 1

I'm sure that for LP8 they will do something experimental and revolutionary again, just like with Viva. Possibly they will reclute Brian Eno again or maybe Jon Hopkins. I think that because I feel that it's what they planned from beginning to end, and it's a thing to do after every 3 albums. So they had Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y, then Viva and after that Mylo Xyloto, Ghost Stories and AHFOD = 3 albums as a trilogy, then an album that breaks the pattern and then another trilogy. So I guess and hope that AHFOD will be followed by another album in the vein of Viva.

That would be some masterplan that I don't think they have dreamed up.

• Like 1

This!

I hope they reunite with Jon Hopkins and Brian Eno. Instead of Stargate, put a real producer there like Jamie xx:D

Guest howyousawtheworld

This post has been edited by a moderator. Abusive, inflammatory and offensive posts are not permitted on our site and forums.

Confirming that Chris Martin has gone full blown retard.

I'm not liking the song either, but I like that kind of language even less. :( Can't it still be civilised?

• Like 4

They shot Hymn for the weekend in India. I think it should be their next single since they are using the Indian theme everywhere.

You are truly the great mediator of facts in this forum lol

Is anyone else perplexed by the lack of explanation for some of this new era's themes?? I feel like with Viva and MX and GS we got really elaborate explanations for the artwork that made a whole lot of sense considering those eras' overall goals and stories. Now with AHFOD there is just randomness everywhere....which also plays out in the lyrics and song styles.

There is Indian inspiration everywhere (though barely any in the music). There are crazy shapes and colors. There are moon phases, the flower of life, cut outs of their childhoods, Kaleidiscopes...

I mean, all these things individually are really neat and kind of fit together aesthetically....but sonically or thematically? The album isn't psychedelic enough for Kaleidoscopes, nor does it ever mention the complexity of the flower of life. It feels like the band just said: alright that is pretty cool. Let's just toss that on there. I mean really? If the video for Hymn for the Weekend is that India shoot then that will be disturbing if anything--Coldplay running around with cute children singing "Feeling so drunk and high" haha. That would be laughable.

• Like 2

Is anyone else perplexed by the lack of explanation for some of this new era's themes?? I feel like with Viva and MX and GS we got really elaborate explanations for the artwork that made a whole lot of sense considering those eras' overall goals and stories. Now with AHFOD there is just randomness everywhere....which also plays out in the lyrics and song styles.

There is Indian inspiration everywhere (though barely any in the music). There are crazy shapes and colors. There are moon phases, the flower of life, cut outs of their childhoods, Kaleidiscopes...

I mean, all these things individually are really neat and kind of fit together aesthetically....but sonically or thematically? The album isn't psychedelic enough for Kaleidoscopes, nor does it ever mention the complexity of the flower of life. It feels like the band just said: alright that is pretty cool. Let's just toss that on there. I mean really? If the video for Hymn for the Weekend is that India shoot then that will be disturbing if anything--Coldplay running around with cute children singing "Feeling so drunk and high" haha. That would be laughable.

I agree that there isn't any explanation or interview with Pilar. But I think some of those cut outs relate with some of the lyrics. Chris talk about the moon, the universe, birds, pyramids, I can't remember exactly the songs where he mentions those words but the title Kaleidoscope is reflected on the artwork. Hope they explain it soon, so we don't start trying to guess the meaning behind it.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing earlier!

To start off, I have no clue where the Indian influence is coming from because, apart from the AOAL riff, I don't hear any influence in the music.

I sort of understand the Flower of Life, but there has still been no explanation from the band whatsoever about the artwork. The only time they mentioned it was when saying that Guy liked putting together collages.

I'm starting to kind of make sense of the album cover. The toucans obviously are birds. The stars represent the "shooting across the sky." And the spaceships represent some lyric from XMTS that I can't remember (or be bothered to look up haha) at the moment.

MX's art all made sense in terms of the whole concept album thing, and GS's art made sense when looking at the themes of that album.

But this? I'm not sure...perhaps it will all be more clear after a few more interviews or music videos.