🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
Kingzilla

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Their best collab could've been Lukas feat. Natale Imbruglia, why didn't they do that??? :(

I feel Fun comes very close to that. It has a lot of elements of Lukas and the other 'Fun'.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

(WHEN IS THAT NORTH AMERICAN TOUR GOING TO BE EXTENDED?)

IKR, hoping for them to at least come to Canada! Preferably at least coming to Vancouver at the furthest, Toronto is to far although that's most likely the one that will happen. (Although there's a chance that Vancouver could happen to...) Although Edmonton would be a dream come true, that's the closest major city to me that they'd actually have a chance to play in so ya. Happened before.

• Like 1

I'd really love it if I'm going one of their concerts. Hope someday I will.

IKR, hoping for them to at least come to Canada! Preferably at least coming to Vancouver at the furthest, Toronto is to far although that's most likely the one that will happen. (Although there's a chance that Vancouver could happen to...) Although Edmonton would be a dream come true, that's the closest major city to me that they'd actually have a chance to play in so ya. Happened before.

Theres also the chance that theyre gonna come back nxt year

• Like 1

Anyone think that this direction isn't helping them advance? Think about it, the BRITS performance was great, but Chris' vocals sounded a bit off. Compare it to Charlie Brown back in 2012, same idea, similar styled album, and his vocals were up to scratch. To be honest, the more he jumps around and wears himself out, the more he gets tired and unprepared for a good vocal performance. But hey, I guess that happens to everyone right?

And also, Chris needs to stop trying to be EXTREMELY humble all the time. Sure it's fine to be humble (Viva, MX, all the albums) I mean praising everyone, that's what he does. So much to the point where he lets the other so called 'artists' (Bey, Bruno, Mr Sykes) steal his spotlight and also make him look so small/like an idiot. If you seen that BRITS speech, you will notice he KEEPS mentioning One Direction and bands like that, and in interviews he says he listens to popular (untalented) pop music. If he keeps up like this, it may shape his music taste and his style. Just remember, if the request segment of the live shows isn't true, then it looks like he doesn't want to listen to lots of old music, or more likely, not want to play the band's old material.

Luckily, I believe this isn't true and that after one last jump around with AHFOD, the band will go back to their roots and produce another masterpiece.

If they don't, well that will be a shame. Because let's face it, a lot of the crappy mainstream is affecting talented artists everywhere, luckily some people in that Top 40/Hot 100 chart have a good idea what actual music is (twenty one pilots, The 1975, AOAL)

But I feel as if Coldplay are ignoring those songs and wanting to sound more mainstream, then I might consider moving their newer material off my playlists (except AHFOD (song), AOAL, Birds and the interludes)

Please Coldplay, come home:D

• Like 3

^ Very well said!

If he keeps up like this, it may shape his music taste and his style.

It already has :( The newer albums are poppier than the Oldplay...

But I guess he's bringing up those bands more than ever now. If he keeps this up, the bands music will keep degrading unfortuantely if they don't take a hiatus and take a look at what they've done. I don't believe they'll go all the way pop and I still believe they'll still have some rock in them like today with AHFOD but if it keeps up and they don't take a break it'll get worse. And if it isn't in the form of jumping around and dancing it'll be the normal pop you hear today which isn't that dancey anymore to be honest. It sort of it, but not on Coldplay's "pop" level. The reason I sort of enjoy the new content even though it's pop is because it's celebratory, upbeat, which I believe makes pop better. If it's the "normal pop", unless it's done right, it's going to sound like trash like many of the songs you hear on the radio today. However, if it's the other end of the scale, deep and dark, like GS, it can also lead to acceptable results. Even though GS is my least favorite album I still enjoy it, even at night. The general atmosphere is perhaps what I like most about this album. Cool and dark style music. Of course some of it is in the form of pop but for example Magic or Ink fit in the category of the "better" pop songs IMO. (Ink has a good melody, that's mostly why I like it even though I admit it is a little too poppy)

This is just my view on the whole thing...

• Like 2

^ Very well said!

It already has :( The newer albums are poppier than the Oldplay...

But I guess he's bringing up those bands more than ever now. If he keeps this up, the bands music will keep degrading unfortuantely if they don't take a hiatus and take a look at what they've done. I don't believe they'll go all the way pop and I still believe they'll still have some rock in them like today with AHFOD but if it keeps up and they don't take a break it'll get worse. And if it isn't in the form of jumping around and dancing it'll be the normal pop you hear today which isn't that dancey anymore to be honest. It sort of it, but not on Coldplay's "pop" level. The reason I sort of enjoy the new content even though it's pop is because it's celebratory, upbeat, which I believe makes pop better. If it's the "normal pop", unless it's done right, it's going to sound like trash like many of the songs you hear on the radio today. However, if it's the other end of the scale, deep and dark, like GS, it can also lead to acceptable results. Even though GS is my least favorite album I still enjoy it, even at night. The general atmosphere is perhaps what I like most about this album. Cool and dark style music. Of course some of it is in the form of pop but for example Magic or Ink fit in the category of the "better" pop songs IMO. (Ink has a good melody, that's mostly why I like it even though I admit it is a little too poppy)

This is just my view on the whole thing...

I agree with you for 1.000.000%

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z220 met Tapatalk

I haven't posted here in a while, but just wanted to say I quite enjoy the new album. Yeah, I'll never like it better than Viva or X&Y, but I still enjoy it more than almost everything else out today. It's creative and I like that aspect, even if it's different. It took a while to catch on for me, but as different as it is, it's still Coldplay. I never got around to writing a review of the album, and I haven't posted a lot, but I just wanted to voice my opinion to show people that not EVERYONE hates the album; fans like me are just silent. I feel like the "silent fans" who do like the album often feel underrepresented, but it's merely cause many of us don't share our opinion. So don't worry AHFOD fans, you're not alone!

• Like 9

Recently I have found myself listening to a lot of music from the band Fall Out Boy. I enjoy both their punk and rock material very much. I watched the band's musical movie The Youngblood Chronicles recently and as slightly terrifying as it was, it actually made me think about what side of music I support. Coldplay is a band that did rock all the way up until 2011 but has now openly stated that "the genre has nowhere to go". I don't know if I can believe this. Rock and roll is something that has created legends in the music industry while pop stars are simply celebrities drooled over for their good looks and soon forgotten because of their lack of actual impact on the world. Michael Jackson lasted so long in the business because he always changed his sound and involved a lot of rock elements in his music including having guitarist Slash play on a few of his songs. U2 will be remembered for their rock and I don't want Coldplay to drift away into the mainstream radio pop culture and be forgotten in 2 years. Pop is a competition to be number one on iTunes with songs from multiple artists that all sound the same with crappy lyrics that will never inspire. What ever happened to "Tears stream, down your face, when you lose something you cannot replace" or even the lyrics about a fallen king in Viva La Vida? Now Chris writes the worst lyrics he ever has and heavily supports One Direction, Justin Bieber, Tove Lo, and other pop artists who will eventually fade away. Meanwhile there are 2 bands that are actually keeping rock and roll alive today: Imagine Dragons and Fall Out Boy. The first I have seen in concert and let me tell you they are keeping the spirit of rock alive. Especially with the long hair and beard combo. Fall Out Boy, as I mentioned earlier, stands to save rock and roll and wants to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. If rock is "dead", than why can these two bands still top the charts in the 2010s? The only reason rock would be "dying' would be because bands like Coldplay have given up on it. Let me cut to the chase, I don't know if I can support Coldplay right now, but I do know this: rock and roll is something that will never be replaced or forgotten if it dies out.

• Like 1

I haven't posted here in a while, but just wanted to say I quite enjoy the new album. Yeah, I'll never like it better than Viva or X&Y, but I still enjoy it more than almost everything else out today. It's creative and I like that aspect, even if it's different. It took a while to catch on for me, but as different as it is, it's still Coldplay. I never got around to writing a review of the album, and I haven't posted a lot, but I just wanted to voice my opinion to show people that not EVERYONE hates the album; fans like me are just silent. I feel like the "silent fans" who do like the album often feel underrepresented, but it's merely cause many of us don't share our opinion. So don't worry AHFOD fans, you're not alone!

Agreed! Of course AHFOD isn't the best CP has ever done, but I feel like it deserves a bit more love. Can't we just spread the love around here? :angel:

• Like 2

I dont think theres anything wrong with love, but we cant deny the fact that Coldplay is becoming irrelevant in music each day even after the SB50 Halftime Show which the band practically set up to have themselves overshadowed. They really try but Chris just lets people walk all over them without care. You need to be kind and loving but you also need to retain a reputation as a musician and Chris is basically that kid that you can tease over and over again because they ignore you. Coldplay better get their act together

• Like 1

And also, Chris needs to stop trying to be EXTREMELY humble all the time. Sure it's fine to be humble (Viva, MX, all the albums) I mean praising everyone, that's what he does. So much to the point where he lets the other so called 'artists' (Bey, Bruno, Mr Sykes) steal his spotlight and also make him look so small/like an idiot. If you seen that BRITS speech, you will notice he KEEPS mentioning One Direction and bands like that, and in interviews he says he listens to popular (untalented) pop music. If he keeps up like this, it may shape his music taste and his style.

This is very notable, and it`s always been. Is it humbleness or lack of self esteem? What do you think why he does that all the time? It`s not only Chris, but the rest of 3 members who obvioulsy support him and don`t mind about that. Weird..:huh:

I was talking about just this thing earlier this week. i feel like chris was trampled (mainly by the public) to the point of needing to get to a zen place. he is a super sensitive fellow who was pounded on since 2000. when you listen to him talk, you can feel that. and now, he is the loving, kind, generous man he seems to be. but he seems to have compromised a lot along the way. why would you pour your heart and soul to the half time show and then let a couple of guests outshine you? and be ok with it? but about bmth, i thought that was the exact amount of indifference that was perfect. who gives a rat's ass about those guys?

i think the humbleness and humility has always been a part of coldplay. they, especially chris, seem to be quite insecure. but they seem the most confident now a ways. and they seem quite happy to be who they are right now. and they are very self-aware!

i too think they are pretty irrelevant musically at the moment. i mean, even that wonderful jo whiley interview on the super bowl didn't get any publicity. for all the madness the show itself created afterwards, about coldplay being cast aside.

anyway, when jo jokingly said in the interview about how chris has been listening to too much mainstream pop, i was like "hell yea!." although coldplay seem still as committed to their craft as ever, they seem to have lost it's essence a little bit. getting away from everything and living their lives for a moment might bring it back. maybe it's becoming comfortable in their own skin and acceptance of their lives that has done it.

• Like 1

I think they really shined on Superbowl because the stage and whole idea of halftime was made by Coldplay, they invited youth orchestra of underprivileged children (who else would do that), they arranged everything very Coldplayish-flowers jumping all around, believe in love covering the stadium... I was very proud of them being themselves and shining. Beyonce and Bruno had bombastic and "egoistic" performances as usual, as everyone does. They showed themselves and presented their work, power, energy. Coldplay always shows love and togetherness, not their ego and themselves, they perform for others. I think people notice that and like that, it`s just too much humbleness sometimes. Like double Christianity: turn the other cheek even if no one punches you. I feel like they do that; put the others above, even while recieving the award they can`t accept they deserved it, they mention One Direction or whoever, but there is always something like they want to hide themselves.

• Like 1

p.s. I like their humbleness because I believe that more humble you act, the bigger you become. It`s just surprising that superstars and supermusicians like them act that way constantly.

• Like 2

I think they really shined on Superbowl because the stage and whole idea of halftime was made by Coldplay, they invited youth orchestra of underprivileged children (who else would do that), they arranged everything very Coldplayish-flowers jumping all around, believe in love covering the stadium... I was very proud of them being themselves and shining. Beyonce and Bruno had bombastic and "egoistic" performances as usual, as everyone does. They showed themselves and presented their work, power, energy. Coldplay always shows love and togetherness, not their ego and themselves, they perform for others. I think people notice that and like that, it`s just too much humbleness sometimes. Like double Christianity: turn the other cheek even if no one punches you. I feel like they do that; put the others above, even while recieving the award they can`t accept they deserved it, they mention One Direction or whoever, but there is always something like they want to hide themselves.

THIS. I don't think Chris or the band are at all overly humble or insecure. As an English person myself, I think it's very much an English way of expressing themselves, especially in light of the outrageous good fortune they have had as a band.

I also think they have become very secure as musicians without us noticing. Chris does a lot of ambitious/loud vocals, Jonny plays HUGE guitar solos that would be unheard of in the Parachutes era, Guy's interesting basslines (Magic is a song designed around a bassline!), Will doing lots of interesting drum parts and a fair amount of singing. While they might still sound like stuttery Brits or never talk, you can see that they're letting themselves shine musically and technically. Of course, that may be separate from what you actually enjoy stylistically, and you might not be happy with how Stargate handled some things (I know I'm not). But how can you look at AHFOD and not hear the whole thing bleeding with musical interestingness???

Also the Bring Me the Horizon incident was hilarious. I thought Chris exuded a delightful amount of English passive aggression in his "and that's where we were sitting, where BMTH is now, next to the big bands" comment. That's classy wit. :)

• Like 4

Im glad they believe theyre doing good. But they wont be remembered. Their close friends and family, and the hardcore fans will remember them but as time moves on, Hymn For The Weekend will just become another forgotten radio hit, and Adventure Of A Lifetime will be remembered at best as a failed attempt by the band to copy Daft Punk. I think im leaving. Fall Out Boy offers music that not only appeals stylistically to me, but also will be remembered for centuries. I apologize for the pun. In all seriousness, they are able to provide a balance between radio and culture like the bands of the 20th century did. They are unique and are following their own path and are just as grateful as Chris Martin to be in a band without letting people step on them, but also without stepping over boundaries. From hereon I am officially resigning from this fandom. May God bless this band and I hope they turn around one day like Fall Out Boy did after their hiatus.

Good luck,

A Rush of Magic.

• Like 2

Im glad they believe theyre doing good. But they wont be remembered. Their close friends and family, and the hardcore fans will remember them but as time moves on, Hymn For The Weekend will just become another forgotten radio hit, and Adventure Of A Lifetime will be remembered at best as a failed attempt by the band to copy Daft Punk. I think im leaving. Fall Out Boy offers music that not only appeals stylistically to me, but also will be remembered for centuries. I apologize for the pun. In all seriousness, they are able to provide a balance between radio and culture like the bands of the 20th century did. They are unique and are following their own path and are just as grateful as Chris Martin to be in a band without letting people step on them, but also without stepping over boundaries. From hereon I am officially resigning from this fandom. May God bless this band and I hope they turn around one day like Fall Out Boy did after their hiatus.

Good luck,

A Rush of Magic.

Have you considered the Oldplaying thread (see link below in my signature) ?

• Like 1

Good luck,

A Rush of Magic.

Agree with quite a bit of what your saying, however I think Coldplay will be remembered. Not HFTW, as much as that's an okay song it will be forgotten, and I haven't even heard it once outside of me playing it myself yet.

• Like 1

Good luck,

A Rush of Magic.

goodbye.

Good luck,

A Rush of Magic.

fall out boy :7.5 million album sold,more than six million of that is in US,they have won 0 Grammy awards (good job :blank::blank::blank:)

coldplay:+ 80 million album sold,they have won 7 Grammy,including song of the year award for viva la vida

I mean,Sb will check list of Grammy awards winners ten years from now,will see the The viva la vida's name and will check it out(In the worst case for coldplay)

and rock is not dying,rock is dead(for now)

Guest diogo_sg

Good luck,

A Rush of Magic.

Sad to see you go. Hope you find what you feel that is missing in here.

Since 'goodbye' is a too strong word, see you soon! :)