✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Chris Martin could shit on a plate and you all would like it.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] this is the funniest shit I’ve read in a while. Probably applies to me more than I’d like to admit hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Copy/paste from LP8 Thread:

I'm feeling very nostalgic today. The AHFOD Era was my first era from beginning to end. I got into the band at the end of 2014, and they truly have changed my life. This era gave me my first concert and so many other great memories!

I still remember that day in September, 2015 when pictures of the band in India surfaced. I couldn't stop shaking the whole day. The buildup to the album was unreal, and I remember like it was yesterday waking up at 1 AM to hear AOAL's release on the radio!

I am so grateful to be here on Coldplaying and to have met other Coldplayers through here and just by chance in real life.

Looking back, this era was one of great change in my life, and I am so happy the soundtrack was that of AHFOD and Coldplay.

I can't wait to see what Coldplay has in store for us in the future and in LP8! Even though the era is over, always remember to Believe in Love!

• Like 7

Copy/paste from LP8 Thread:

I'm feeling very nostalgic today. The AHFOD Era was my first era from beginning to end. I got into the band at the end of 2014, and they truly have changed my life. This era gave me my first concert and so many other great memories!

I still remember that day in September, 2015 when pictures of the band in India surfaced. I couldn't stop shaking the whole day. The buildup to the album was unreal, and I remember like it was yesterday waking up at 1 AM to hear AOAL's release on the radio!

I am so grateful to be here on Coldplaying and to have met other Coldplayers through here and just by chance in real life.

Looking back, this era was one of great change in my life, and I am so happy the soundtrack was that of AHFOD and Coldplay.

I can't wait to see what Coldplay has in store for us in the future and in LP8! Even though the era is over, always remember to Believe in Love!

True words. Kind of a sad day today. It has been an amazing ride.

• Like 2

Wow. Wow. Holy fucking WOW. This era has been quite a ride.

Sure, Coldplay may have released one of the worst albums of their whole career with AHFOD, but DAMN has this tour and aesthetic of this era mesmerised and fascinated me. Honestly, when LP7's buildup began (remember we were looking for clues about the record and all that excitement us thinking it would be a psychedelic record lol) I was hoping that this era would be magical. And indeed it was. The album may have been overproduced to shit and had some awful tracks (looking at you, XMTS, Army Of One, Amazing Day, HFTW) but it was full of some bloody good ones too (AOAL, Up&Up, Birds and of course, the title track) and it was also the album era where I saw the band live for the very first time and was there from start to finish. And yes, the Kaleidoscope EP blew my mind, so that too :) (To be 100% honest, Hypnotised completely restored my faith in the band making great music again, so that EP was what saved this era, for me anyways. It continued the magic which was nearly lost in late 2016.)

I have absolutely loved coming on here to chat and stuff, and I tell you this: I ain't gonna stop here (LP8 hype train is pulling in at November station!)

So to Chris, Jonny, Guy, Will, everyone on this forum and the crew...

Thank you for making this era a memorable one, and I love y'all for being there with me. Now to see what the future will bring!

Oh and of course: BELIEVE IN LOVE :) :p

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Why do people hate Amazing Day so much???

No idea! I love it! I think the live intro was better. I don't care for the fade in on the studio version as much, but that's my only real complaint. Other than that I love the song. Good instrumentation, good lyrics, good build up. It's a great song to listen to when you want to feel positive about the universe/life. Especially after you've actually had an amazing day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 3

Why do people hate Amazing Day so much???

I love that song! The piano, the vocals, the lyrics and the strings are the highlights of it. Also, the slow tempo is very relaxing. One of the best in AHFOD. It always reminds me of the months prior to AHFOD release.

• Like 2

No idea! I love it! I think the live intro was better. I don't care for the fade in on the studio version as much, but that's my only real complaint. Other than that I love the song. Good instrumentation, good lyrics, good build up. It's a great song to listen to when you want to feel positive about the universe/life. Especially after you've actually had an amazing day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app

I love that song! The piano, the vocals, the lyrics and the strings are the highlights of it. Also, the slow tempo is very relaxing. One of the best in AHFOD. It always reminds me of the months prior to AHFOD release.

Agreed on all points! It's just a song with piano, guitar, bass, and real drums and a bit of strings...the literal definition of Oldplay. I also totally nerd out at the one bit of the song's climax where the time signature goes from 6/8 to 3/4 on "I always want to feel this way" and it just makes my heart freaking soar. The music video always makes me tear up a little. :)

I actually like the album version intro...it feels very wet for lack of a better word. :lol:

My only complaint is that in the piano is on a backing track in the normal live version...but it's not even a particularly dancy song the way that HFTW is??? I feel like the performance would've been more heartfelt had Chris sat down to play the piano.

• Like 1

I think Amazing Day is my second favourite song on AHFOD after Fun. I actually think the acoustic version is the best of them all.

Love the melody, I just wish it had a less poppy sound in the album version. I don't like the choice of percussion, these "clicks" take away from the song for me.

I recall when it came out during global citizen some users feeling kinda underwhelmed about it. I think now that the era is over, that still true for me. It's not a song on my day-to-day playlist, but if it comes up on shuffle, I can sit through it / tolerate it, lol.

• Like 2

Yeah I like amazing day but idk it just doesn't feel like it goes anywhere. It is just super calm and there's no real punching coming from it. It is strange because I guess you could say that parachutes was a pretty calm album, but there was still a punch in each of those songs. Like in spies the guitar is just haunting. Still though sometimes I just feel like listening to amazing day but more often than not I'd listen to parachutes or something instead :P

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

I listen this album when i listen the discography. This was the last time who Coldplay trying make songs for commercial attract. The album remains very pop-rock but also the group risk with explored RnB, disco, funk to another public to not have before. This album was a very good listen. Always a better album then X&Y and Mylo Xyloto. The main point was the purety of Chris voice. This and Ghost Stories was thier two best vocally and while Ghost Stories was more a personal statement to sttrugles for Chris separation, A Full of Head of Dreams was a happy album and wanted to amused and live more life and you hear that in the album after the personal and dark Ghost Stories. For everybody to all say the was too pop for a Coldplay, the group already started to this road with Viva La Vida, thier first song to adventured in pop music and gained a new public. Also Paradise and Princess of China adventured more in the pop/RnB road depist Mylo Xyloto it's was very rock and pop-rock. It's was a natural evolution of the group and how the group wanted to risk of thier music and have to not repeat thier sound of each albums.

My favorites songs was Up&Up, Amazing day and Everglow. But Hymn of the Weekend was my least favorite song of the album.