🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
Kingzilla

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I'm going to start a world wide apartheid between people that listen to "good" and "bad" music. Of course I'll be the dictator of what good and bad is, as it's clearly not subjective.

The bad music people won't mind though. When they get on the bus, it'll be called the party bus and everybody will dance around and be happy to bad music.

The good music people will eventually rebel because they are sick of listening to Radiohead and Arcade Fire, and have realized that the party bus is actually much more fun.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

SspQFZi.jpg

It's not as joyful as it sounds...

http://www.melty.it/rihanna-e-coldplay-collaborazione-sul-nuovo-album-a-head-full-of-dreams-a144149.html

So what about this? I'm not good at Italian but from what I've understood chances are high that on the next album there will be another collaboration with Rihanna :( (WHY????)

Could someone who understands Italian confirm this?

I'm guessing its a re-wording or similar to what has already been posted on Coldplaying.com, here

Time will tell, nothing is confirmed yet, she may not appear on the album, it just seems more likely she will based on what we've heard so far

If Coldplay would work with a other popular singerster like Beyonce i wouldnt mind, she has a great voice, i dont like her music, but i would understand it. With Rhianna i just cant understand it, such a irritating voice.

Sorry to add to the debate, Rihanna has a great voice, and I think it is unique and beautiful. The problem is that most the songs written for her force her to sing like a diva which can get really annoying after a while. On PoC or Disturbia for example she is just way too dramatic and her lyrics suck, which is unfortunate because I think the song is really cool sounding. Her constant radio hits though can become a bit irritating because of how poppy and fake they feel.

She is a real talent though, I just am not a huge fan of all of her music (which she doesn't really make anyways.) Anyways, here is a great performance of two songs I really love by her. Notice the first could easily be similar sounding to something Coldplay would do with her, maybe being her band, while she sings an emotional track. It could work, though I wish they would work with someone else.

[video=youtube;6cVYWn22ueY]

I think she has got a good voice but no good songs

Princess of China proves it...

Hmm..Don't know what it is with her voice, but I'm not fan of those kind of voices. Is it really that unique? Maybe it is too 'perfect'. I would always get annoyed with her voice in that 'I don't wanna beee a Murderer' song. But 'Stay' is the first song that I liked, so I was surprised by that.

And these I love:

[video=youtube;sestSq6hRHI]

[video=youtube;V_DT-mg_3IA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_DT-mg_3IA

Umbrella is cool! It's not an R&B song at actually. For me the biggest problem is the EDM/R&B production. Its not my type of music at all. And POC didnt make any sence to me. No Coldplay feel at all, that beat.. Too screamy loud production.

Rihanna may not be featured on the album in additional to her voice. She may assists the band to produce or compose the song. But I'm hoping Coldplay will not do any collaborations with anyone else at this point. I want them to play as the band alone like where they had the best years during :parachutes: until :x&y:

Rihanna may not be featured on the album in additional to her voice. She may assists the band to produce or compose the song. But I'm hoping Coldplay will not do any collaborations with anyone else at this point. I want them to play as the band alone like where they had the best years during :parachutes: until :x&y:

what about :viva: :( hes feeling lonely

what about :viva: :( hes feeling lonely

:viva: has got some featuring Jay-Z on it so that doesnt count :P

:viva: has got some featuring Jay-Z on it so that doesnt count :P

That's Prospekt's March, not the Viva album

That's Prospekt's March, not the Viva album

Oh yeah :lol:

Thanks for correcting that :wacko:

I agree

He's too overrated, so we left him out.

:|

*hugs VLV album tightly*

coldplay uploading all their album songs on youtube related to LP7? it was meant to be a summation and a completing of a story of course

Holy Moly! They are!? Hinting at something? Or just fan service? Maybe songs are in a certain order? I doubt that, but they are dispersed quite randomly.

Would it be too hopeful to expect a single uploaded suddenly? *sighs while realizing yes...*

How weird! Like every single song and the whole song too, not just a minute like they did when Ghost Stories came out... Maybe it is a Greatest Hits? Hope not...

Holy Moly! They are!? Hinting at something? Or just fan service? Maybe songs are in a certain order? I doubt that, but they are dispersed quite randomly.

Would it be too hopeful to expect a single uploaded suddenly? *sighs while realizing yes...*

Probably nothing more than fan service. When you upload multiple videos on youtube they don't necessarily show up in the order you uploaded them. Depends on file size and upload speed.

i think they didnt know what to do to keep the fans updated so they did that

I was thinking exactly the same haha!

Guest howyousawtheworld
a) I haven't heard this argument yet. I would have accepted this as opposed to all the 'Rihanna sux' comments.

b) At the same time, despite what perhaps we all previously thought, Coldplay can't just pick and choose who they want to collab with (see David Bowie). Apparently people aren't dying to collab with Coldplay.

This isn't a standards issue so you can get off your high horse. It's an issue with some having certain tastes and others not. Rihanna might not be your cup of tea, but to say shes inferior...there's just no way you can prove that, so stop waiving it around like its fact. Again I say, just because you don't like something, doesn't make it universally bad.

INCOMING OPINION: I would actually prefer to see a collab with someone like Noel Gallagher as opposed to Rihanna. Do I have my panties in a knot over it? No. Why? Because I know there are other fans out there with different tastes and perhaps they might like a Rihanna/Coldplay collaboration. Not everything the band do is gonna be molded to your every taste.

You really don't get it do you? To me, she is a desperate manufactured pop luddite and millions over the world agree with me.

Much in the same way I wouldn't expect Her Majesty to dine at McDonalds, I certainly wouldn't expect Coldplay to continue collaborating with such generic cack. Then again, generic cack is something Chris Martin is hell bent on becoming judging by recent output.