🪐CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND RUMOURS ON COLDPLAY'S UPCOMING ALBUM🪐

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You really don't get it do you? To me, she is a desperate manufactured pop luddite and millions over the world agree with me.

Much in the same way I wouldn't expect Her Majesty to dine at McDonalds, I certainly wouldn't expect Coldplay to continue collaborating with such generic cack. Then again, generic cack is something Chris Martin is hell bent on becoming judging by recent output.

if millions over the world agree with you, how come she's so succesful? how come she's seen as one of the greatest woman pop figure of the last decade? And oh god i can really picture Her Majesty tasting a good ol' fat mc cheese with mayonnaise all over her chin

Getting back to topic i hope we get at least 11 songs

Ooooh uploading all their tracks on youtube could be seen as some sort of presentation for LP7 indeed :surprised:

edit: presentation? lol i meant preparation :lol:

This is a wild guess but how many tracks were uploaded? Maybe if we count one track a day and we have a date for the next big announcement or release... :sneaky:

Why settle with only 10 or 11? I know that number has been working great for them on every record, but what if they make a double album? I remember before the Red Hot Chili Peppers (one of my other favourite bands) went on hiatus, they released Stadium Arcadium, a double album where (in my opinion) The sheer adventure and diversity of tracks kept the entire 28 songs all extremely quality.

Another example of something that would be cool is what My Chemical Romance did in 2013. They realized they were breaking up so they released 5 two track EP's of songs that were intended to be their 4th album, but halfway through they ditched it because they didn't like the way it felt (much like Coldplay before the Mylo era.) It would be awesome if they released an incomplete album that had Car Kids and Spanish Rain and other tracks like that.

I don't think Coldplay would make a double record, and they probably won't release any old b-sides that didn't make it, but if they released a ton of material in the LP7 era it would have to mean a ton of songs with all sorts of tastes to suit all of us fans. At the very least, I am hoping for a Prospekt's March style EP.

i want quality AND quantity :laugh3:

i dont know why but i tend to dislike long album, like X&Y, i prefer having like max 15 tracks but good ones, long at least 5 minutes each or maybe a normal lenght album (11 songs) but an EP after it or tons of bsides

the problem is that bsides arent a thing anymore :sad:

the problem is that bsides arent a thing anymore :sad:

Exactly it is so sad. I loved having all these bsides from the first 3 albums and then I was so glad they released prospekts March but then it just went down hill. I don't want a DEULXE EDITION, I want stuff they could have made it, but it didn't, but we are going to give it to you anyway.

Exactly it is so sad. I loved having all these bsides from the first 3 albums and then I was so glad they released prospekts March but then it just went down hill. I don't want a DEULXE EDITION, I want stuff they could have made it, but it didn't, but we are going to give it to you anyway.

its not just them, its the whole music industry that decided that bsides arent a thing anymore

its not just them, its the whole music industry that decided that bsides arent a thing anymore

OMFG NO MORE SLEEPING SUNS :bigcry:

or See You Soons

or Gravities O___O

giphy.gif

^ I know most people say "BECAUSE QUALITY OVER QUANTITY OKAY" but that argument doesn't hold for me to be honest, the more Coldplay the better :wideeyed:

See: Mylo Xyloto, X&Y.

Both of them have the most number of songs per album (exluding b-sides and bonus content) Are they good? Not even close.

About the recent YouTube uploads: they basically uploaded everything that didn't already have a music video. Look under "playlists". The albums are there, so you can play for example all of AROBTTH with video for In My Place, The Scientist, GPASUYF, and Clocks and then audio for the rest.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

2016!!!!!!!!! It just seems more likely than 2015. 2017 had they toured under Ghost Stories.

I think so too. I have a thought they are going on hiatus this year working on the album. Takes a while but I hope it will be about the completion of the last 6 albums.

Speaking of which, most artists (not all of them) they usually release most hits album - they pick most popular singles of all time. I hope Coldplay wont do that - I like the way they release all different songs that come up in one single album and then moving onto the next one.

See: Mylo Xyloto, X&Y.

Both of them have the most number of songs per album (exluding b-sides and bonus content) Are they good? Not even close.

MX only has 11 songs if we exclude the 3 instrumentals. It's even shorter than VLVODAAHF in terms of running time/duration. That being said, I agree that X&Y had lost its magic due to its running time (I think it's more than an hour) but I'll argue that it has really some good and interesting tracks. yes maybe for some they are not as good as AROBTTH of VLV but the magic of this two albums lies basically on the connection it makes. I'm not saying that the other albums doesn't establish connections with the hearer/person. For me, this two albums rely heavily on what you really strongly feel at the moment. You know I really enjoy MX when I'm happy while I tend to play X&Y whenever I want some space.

It feels more likely to me that this is not an artistic choice to go slow, but probably a personal preference for them nowadays. All their kiddos are getting older, and considering that each of these guys is so damn genuine and nice, I just don't see them committing weeks upon weeks in the studio like they did when they were younger. Certainly a hiatus would mean they can really take their time on the next one and settle down and hang with their families more.

During the BBC interviews I definately got the impression that they were really excited to have a big vacation from performing coming up. Especially with Guy and Jonny. Not trying to say that they don't but an immense amount of work into each album, put I am betting that is going to become more of a reality for them.