⭐️DISCUSS COLDPLAY'S RUMOURED UPCOMING ALBUM!🪐
Pucksam

Favorite Coldplay era

I was just thinking what you think would be the best Coldplay era.

I'm not talking about their songs from the era's album but rather their live performances, clothing etc.

Mine would be the Viva La Vida era mostly because they tried a lot of interesting takes on their older songs, especially the GPASUYF and Talk version.

VIVA

if I could re-live any era that I experienced it would be that one because hOLY DAMN IT WAS SO FREAKIN EPIC D:

• Like 3

Of the four I've attended I must say it's the current one! So much color and sooo much energy, it's amazing! :D

I'll say AHFOD as it’s the only era I've attended a concert. And even though it's the only one I've experienced on its entirety (teasing, release, interviews, live streams, concerts!, artwork) I appreciate the message the band want to share.

I am torn between Viva and MX. Love the color and outfits and commitment to new sounds and ideas.

I am going to see the AHFOD tour in September.. but so far the era hasn't really grabbed me the same way. Probably because the songs aren't as sticky for me and the message the band is trying to send feels a little all over the place, but I still appreciate it.

My fav is :x&y:, first era I followed every detail.

I perfectly remember the release of the Speed of sound video at my fav national music tv show. I was really amazed for the lyrics.

Talk for a lot of time was my fav video, this song is also my 4th fav of Coldplay.

In this era my boys started (for me) to be prettier and more mature.

• Like 2

Mine is definitely the X&Y Era ! Great atmosphere, unassuming clothes, not too much pomp like from Viva onwards but not too low-key like for example the Parachutes Era either.

MX, GS and AHFOD just they are all great albums and the tours for MX and AHFOD were both great!!!

Cheers,

paradise 2012

VIVA era was a very special time for me (and a lot of other people too i would imagine :D) -- it was the first era of the band i fully experienced firsthand (since during X&Y era i was just becoming a fan and so didn't follow them as closely). i came here and met a lot of cool people. plus THE LIVE BLOGS!! ALL THE LIVE BLOGS!! it was so much fun.

maybe "favorite" isn't exactly the right word, but i would say VIVA is definitely the era that has meant the most to me :wacky:

• Like 4

:viva:

The Viva era was definitely the best era looking at the performances and the style of their clothes, in my opinion. And the songs of course. And I still think that this album/era was necessarily needed to create MX. They couldn't have made the MX we've got if they hadn't got Viva.

• Like 1