🪐CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND RUMOURS ON COLDPLAY'S UPCOMING ALBUM🪐

Amazing Day

What I think the lyrics were, I'm not sure of the start of the third section:

Sat on a Roof Named Every Star

Shared Every Bruise and Showed Every Scar

Sat on a Roof Your Hand in Mine (Singing/Saying)

Life Has a Beautiful Crazy Design

And Time Seems to Say Forget the World and Its Weight

And Here I Just Wanna Stay

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Sat on a Roof Named Every Star and

You Showed Me a Place

Where You Can Be Who You Are

And the View the Whole Milky Way

In Your Eyes I Drifted Away

And in Your Arms I Just Wanna Sway

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Oh Oh Oh Oh...

And I Ask How Your Mine

Poetry Chimed

The Canopy Breaks in the Chaos Some Times

Oh Thanks God

You Must Have Heard When I Prayed

Cause Now I Always Want to Feel This Way

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Yeah Today

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, good call. Hadn't thought of that.   The bridge is the part that seals it for me. They're just so similar.

Guest diogo_sg
I loved the new song, but I can't actually WAIT for the studio version ! I hope they'll release it in the coming days on youtube !

There you are! I missed you, man!

And yes, I hope so too. But I doubt they will, actually. They recorded that hyper-colorful music video in India weeks ago, so I'm kinda forced to think that song will be the lead single. Of course, they can still pull a Midnight and release Amazing Day as a tease for the new album.

I loved the new song, but I can't actually WAIT for the studio version ! I hope they'll release it in the coming days on youtube !

Same here, the song must sound so much nicer with a well recorded strong voice over it, and not out-of-breath-Chris coughing the lyrics up lol

There you are! I missed you, man!

Hey there buddy ! Thanks man missed you too !

Edit: I can still here jonny's guitar and Will and Chris's "OOOOH OOOOH OOOOH OOOOHH " in my head. Well done Coldplay

After a third listen, I actually quite like this song, which I wasn't expecting after hearing the soundcheck version. It is incredibly Coldplay... almost feels like it could fit on a faith-based album with Miracles ahahaha.

But at the same time, it sounds like Christmas Lights, lovely piano, great string section, pleasant guitar, almost waltz-worthy. I really love Guy's bass at the beginning of the song, really cool. I think the studio version, with louder piano and string sections could be quite stunning.

I somewhat hope this is a charity single, though I think it could be fine slow song on an album. I am not amazed by any means, but this song is very................pleasant. Very pleasant indeed. I feel like this could have been A PERFECT REPLACEMENT FOR ASFOS considering the fact that it is basically the more mature brother: stars, sad a little, but okay with it, want in your arms... really Chris? you don't got many tricks up your theme sleeve do you?

Critiques: very similar to AIMH, not sure I need another OOHHH OOHHH chant in a Coldplay song, Will's drumming is dull, wish he would spruce it up a bit with some more cymbals or off-beat tempos.

Guest howyousawtheworld
wow so close minded

she has a great voice, really powerful, she's really talented and you "just by the look of things" decided that it wasnt worth of your hearing

oh well thom yorke is pretty ugly im gonna stop listening to radiohead now

Ok - listened to a bit of her on YouTube. As I thought - generic pop shit for 12 year olds and as I hinted to marketed to commercial death.

Utter crack.

I don't know, I like the song a lot. It's not "poppy" but more Ballard driven which is what I think a lot of us were looking forward to with A Head Full of Dreams. It's kind of like a cross between a Rush of Blood to the Head and Ghost Stories, though this comparison might not be entirely true.

Whatever you classify this song as, I like it and I want more of it.

After a third listen, I actually quite like this song, which I wasn't expecting after hearing the soundcheck version. It is incredibly Coldplay... almost feels like it could fit on a faith-based album with Miracles ahahaha.

But at the same time, it sounds like Christmas Lights, lovely piano, great string section, pleasant guitar, almost waltz-worthy. I really love Guy's bass at the beginning of the song, really cool. I think the studio version, with louder piano and string sections could be quite stunning.

I somewhat hope this is a charity single, though I think it could be fine slow song on an album. I am not amazed by any means, but this song is very................pleasant. Very pleasant indeed. I feel like this could have been A PERFECT REPLACEMENT FOR ASFOS considering the fact that it is basically the more mature brother: stars, sad a little, but okay with it, want in your arms... really Chris? you don't got many tricks up your theme sleeve do you?

Critiques: very similar to AIMH, not sure I need another OOHHH OOHHH chant in a Coldplay song, Will's drumming is dull, wish he would spruce it up a bit with some more cymbals or off-beat tempos.

I lol'ed @ the bolded part because that exact thought has gone through my head several times. Like . . . it's okay Chris, we know you like stars and getting lost in people's eyes.

I agree with your critiques as well. The song is a bit too pleasant in that it seems very, very safe. It's come to the point where I'm actually surprised when a Coldplay song doesn't include "oohhhs" or "yeahs" :P Certainly not my favorite Coldplay song of all time, but not bad at all :nice:

I lol'ed @ the bolded part because that exact thought has gone through my head several times. Like . . . it's okay Chris, we know you like stars and getting lost in people's eyes.

Don't forget the good ol' feet not touching/off the ground; it's always made me giggle how many songs and lines alluded to that.

HAHAHAHAHH same here, I was like "oh here we go again, that freaking stargazer Martin!"

I like it (and I want more new songs...). The only criticism from me would be that the overall feeling is a little retro. Something that the band would play in the Back to the future scene where Marty's parents fall in love, lol.:)

I'm enjoying Amazing Day a lot, even after 10 listens lol. If it ends up on AHFOD then I think it's a good sign that I'm going to enjoy the album. After listening to the soundcheck recording it reminded me of Trouble and Strawberry Swing. Now it also reminds me of the verses of In My Place. There's nothing in the song that Coldplay have never done before and it does not reach the level of Oldplay but it's still one of the better post-Viva songs. I like it better than Miracles, most of GS, and a lot of MX.

What I think the lyrics were, I'm not sure of the start of the third section:

Sat on a Roof Named Every Star

Shared Every Bruise and Showed Every Scar

Sat on a Roof Your Hand in Mine (Singing/Saying)

Life Has a Beautiful Crazy Design

And Time Seems to Say Forget the World and Its Weight

And Here I Just Wanna Stay

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Sat on a Roof Named Every Star and

You Showed Me a Place

Where You Can Be Who You Are

And the View the Whole Milky Way

In Your Eyes I Drifted Away

And in Your Arms I Just Wanna Sway

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Oh Oh Oh Oh...

And I Ask How Your Mine

Poetry Chimed

The Canopy Breaks in the Chaos Some Times

Oh Thanks God

You Must Have Heard When I Prayed

Cause Now I Always Want to Feel This Way

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Amazing Day

Yeah Today

Got the lyrics from atlas project

Sat on a roof

Named every star

Shed every bruise and

Showed every scar

[Pre-Chorus 1]

Sat on a roof

Your hand in mine, singing

"Life has a beautiful, crazy design"

And time seemed to say

"Forget the world and all its weight"

Here I just wanna say

[Chorus]

Amazing day

Amazing day

[Verse 2]

Sat on a roof

Named every star and

Showed me a place

Where you can be who you are

[Pre-Chorus 2]

And the view

The whole Milky Way

In your eyes

I'm drifting away

And in your arms

I just wanna sway

[Chorus]

Amazing day

Amazing day

Amazing day

Amazing day

[bridge]

And I asked every book

Poetry and chime

"Can there be breaks

In the chaos of times?"

Oh, thanks God

You must've heard when I prayed

Because now I always

Want to feel this way

[Chorus]

Amazing day

Amazing day

Amazing day

Amazing day

+

* The song feels like a mixture of Life is for Living, Always in My Head and Swallowed in the Sea

* I was surprised (in a good way) because I expected a dancy tune as we speculated that the album will make us shuffle our feet. But I think if AHFOD is going to be more of a celebratory record then this song will fit in the album.

* The bass is really good and I do appreciate the return of Will's drums

* It's a feel good song and I think that's an element that we should consider in judging the song.

* The melody of the song is gorgeous. Maybe a little bit retro but I do like the song as a whole.

* the intro riff is really nice

* I know that some were disappointed about the 'whoooo's but for me that singalong moment just improved the song big time (with the audience waving their hand). Sweet moment.

* could be an album closer

-

* I guess we had enough lyrics about stars...

* It would be better if they put a lot more emphasis on the strings.

Amazing Day... It is.

Ok - listened to a bit of her on YouTube. As I thought - generic pop shit for 12 year olds and as I hinted to marketed to commercial death.

Utter crack.

Lol!

...Will's drumming is dull, wish he would spruce it up a bit with some more cymbals or off-beat tempos.

Yes, this! Will is an enormously talented drummer, and should be spicing things up a little bit. He is entirely capable. I would be so disappointed if AHFOD was loaded with dull drumming.

corny? yes

cheesy? yes

classic chris? yes

forced? no

as long as it doesn't feel forced, i will be satisfied as a coldplay fan

this song feels very safe and very basic, but i dont expect much from coldplay on an artistic level. as long as it's from the heart, then i'll enjoy it

You guys are all allright cause it reminds of AIMH but i remember something of Up in Flames too in this song, don't you think? However i really like the new song and i can't wait for the studio version, when do you think they'll publish the studio version?