🪐CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND RUMOURS ON COLDPLAY'S UPCOMING ALBUM🪐

Birds (Song and Video out now Jan 2) pg 17 for Vid

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the new video from ''Birds'' is out. That means they're going to perform it live?!?!

As with most of their own tours, I would expect the setlist to consist of hits, a few obscure songs along with a majority of the new album. I'd bet Birds makes it to the 2016/2017 tour

• Like 1
As with most of their own tours, I would expect the setlist to consist of hits, a few obscure songs along with a majority of the new album. I'd bet Birds makes it to the 2016/2017 tour

But why didn't they perform Birds yet? I think they couldn't make a choice between Birds and Army Of One.

So I believe post #321 is now fully updated with all info we know so far about the video and links to release announcements, etc....let me know if I missed anything! :)

• Like 1
So does the radio we saw at the Hackney show indeed work as a singles/release of some sort oracle? Birds was on there...

[MEDIA=twitter]672495990998482944[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/672495990998482944?s=09

This radio probably gave us all the single's names. There's a radio, and 4 songs (5 if they were also hinting at the title track) are on there. Adventure of a Lifetime & Everglow are two singles we already have. Hymn For The Weekend is on a speaker, as everyone knew that would have been a single from the start. Birds is just a hidden little title hidden on the handle, but seeing as Adventuer of a Lifetime and Everglow are on the radio and are on singles, we can predict with accuracy that Hymn For The Weekend (obvious) and Birds (less obvious) will be singles. There's another hint for Birds, since there is an MV for it already, so this radio pic hint gives another sign that Birds will be a single. It doesn't seem very likely, but the signs that Coldplay are giving us are pointing to this surprise... It's possible the title track could be a single too, as there is "A Head Full Of Dreams" on the radio (yes, that's the album, but it could also relate subtly to the title track since we all know how subtle Coldplay can be with their little hints).

IMO Fun would have been a better choice. I don't see it anywhere on the radio, hinting that it may not be a single. It really should be, it has a gorgeous intro and the song as a whole is not only just nice, it does kind of have a "single" vibe to it. Birds is more of an album track, as it's intro is AHFOD's leaking into it and the outro is technically Birds that completely leaked into Hymn For The Weekend. It also doesn't have a single's vibe, but I guess it'd be a pleasent surprise if it were to become a single. But I think we can all agree that Fun would be a better choice; why'd they do a collab with a pop artist if they weren't going to release it as a single? It seems made to be a single, and really I have this feeling that it will be a single even though it might be released much much later as the possible last single from the album. It isn't on this radio. It just makes sense, with someone as popular as Tove Lo you'd expect them to have released it as a single.

I finally got the chance to watch the video and wow, at the first look it was a bit overwhelming because of all the "layers".

I had to watch it again at a slower speed in order to see what was going on.

It makes me think of an old movie that you have to play on a projector (8mm movie?), it really has a retro feel to it.

I like it!

Haha! I thought she was Chris's girlfriend Annabelle, but I'm having some doubts about it.

At first, I thought it was Annabelle too but when you look at it in a slower tempo, at 3:30" you can see her face and it looks to me as it's another women.

• Like 1
This radio probably gave us all the single's names. There's a radio, and 4 songs (5 if they were also hinting at the title track) are on there. Adventure of a Lifetime & Everglow are two singles we already have. Hymn For The Weekend is on a speaker, as everyone knew that would have been a single from the start. Birds is just a hidden little title hidden on the handle, but seeing as Adventuer of a Lifetime and Everglow are on the radio and are on singles, we can predict with accuracy that Hymn For The Weekend (obvious) and Birds (less obvious) will be singles. There's another hint for Birds, since there is an MV for it already, so this radio pic hint gives another sign that Birds will be a single. It doesn't seem very likely, but the signs that Coldplay are giving us are pointing to this surprise... It's possible the title track could be a single too, as there is "A Head Full Of Dreams" on the radio (yes, that's the album, but it could also relate subtly to the title track since we all know how subtle Coldplay can be with their little hints).

IMO Fun would have been a better choice. I don't see it anywhere on the radio, hinting that it may not be a single. It really should be, it has a gorgeous intro and the song as a whole is not only just nice, it does kind of have a "single" vibe to it. Birds is more of an album track, as it's intro is AHFOD's leaking into it and the outro is technically Birds that completely leaked into Hymn For The Weekend. It also doesn't have a single's vibe, but I guess it'd be a pleasent surprise if it were to become a single. But I think we can all agree that Fun would be a better choice; why'd they do a collab with a pop artist if they weren't going to release it as a single? It seems made to be a single, and really I have this feeling that it will be a single even though it might be released much much later as the possible last single from the album. It isn't on this radio. It just makes sense, with someone as popular as Tove Lo you'd expect them to have released it as a single.

Lmao Fun was on there it's underneath the album lol

at 3:13"

If you play the video at a 0.5 or 0.25 speed you can't miss it. :)

It's so faded tho... I see it but it's interesting how they can sneak them in and at first glance you don't catch it.

love it! a nice departure from all the grand-stated recent mv's. fits the song in it's flighty, indie nature. an interesting, yet simple video.

and i agree that this doesn't look like a single. was really hoping for birds to be, but at least we got a video! and like someone before mentioned, yey for getting more attention to the best song on the album! although i do get that this is not an ideal choice for a single.

• Like 4