🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
getithom

Army of One

The first time I heard it I also thought it sounded like Hopeless Opus. With a little bit of Lost in there to add the Coldplay touch, haha.

It's actually "army....of one..army....army....of one". But I admit it's not easy to notice.

Really ? It really sounds like "Do it, do it" to me...

The first time I heard it I also thought it sounded like Hopeless Opus. With a little bit of Lost in there to add the Coldplay touch, haha.

haven't listened to Army of One but I love both Lost and Hopeless Opus so looking forward to it

I think BBC Radio 1 played this today? But I can only hear a small snippet on the webpage...I wonder if they will play it later on the release party today?

I think BBC Radio 1 played this today? But I can only hear a small snippet on the webpage...I wonder if they will play it later on the release party today?

That is correct, it's on this link @ around 22:00 -

http://bbc.in/1IpPfAf

• Like 1

And the award to the most annoying looping chopped-up background vocal goes to...Do-it Do-it from ARMY OF ONE !!

It's actually "army....of one..army....army....of one". But I admit it's not easy to notice.

LOL. For me it sounds like "now it, now it… now (do do do do), now it, now it… whoa! (do do do do)".

Or perhaps it's something played backwards.

Thanks Batchman for the link. Just listened to the song now.

Wow...loved it! Those lyrics speak to my heart so closely. This album will be THE album..can´t wait for tomorrow.

I think I'm starting to like this song

Very good song. Right behind Birds and Fun for my favorite off the album. I just wish it were longer. :(

• Like 1

Here is a cool short video clip using a snippet from AoO

[MEDIA=twitter]672695414391513089[/MEDIA]

So.. AHFOD is Coldplay channelling their inner U2. If Chris wasn't signing on this, I'd think this was The Script.

Now, there's nothing wrong with The Script. I've actually seen them live twice and quite like the band. But shouldn't it be The Script parodying Coldplay, and not the other way round?

It's a listenable track, but not particularly memorable.

So.. AHFOD is Coldplay channelling their inner U2. If Chris wasn't signing on this, I'd think this was The Script.

Now, there's nothing wrong with The Script. I've actually seen them live twice and quite like the band. But shouldn't it be The Script parodying Coldplay, and not the other way round?

It's a listenable track, but not particularly memorable.

The Script is a teenage band.

But shouldn't it be The Script parodying Coldplay, and not the other way round?

Holy crap, I just realized that now. That "parodying" thing is probably due to the band's intent to go pop and collaborate with other artists; I feel Coldplay were corrupted by fame(?) and led to all that nonsense in their newer albums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell yeah.

Somehow to me compared to other bands that are just as big, they took the least of the corruption.

Somehow to me compared to other bands that are just as big, they took the least of the corruption.

They are for sure still among the more genuine big music acts out there, overall.

• Like 2

This song is a sleeper hit on me. Everyone is saying this is a forgettable track, but I have to disagree

The forgettable track for me would be "Fun". I would've liked this song much more if they got rid of the looping vocals. Can't stand it.

• Like 1

The forgettable track for me would be "Fun". I would've liked this song much more if they got rid of the looping vocals. Can't stand it.

I actually really really liked fun for some reason, it seemed a little too poppy to me at the end but generally I liked the concept

looping vocals.

Which looping vocals ?

I think Fun is a good melancholic pop song !