✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #π: UNRELEASED SONGS

thetwinparadox

So now it's time to eliminate the poor unreleased songs which unfortunately never even made the b-sides. Many Coldplayers have said that Coldplay has many masterpieces among these gems which exist only in the public sphere as live performances or unfinished demos. Now, let us find out which of these is the best!! ;)

Ode to Deodorant

So Sad

Harmless

Idiot

A Ghost

A View from the Top

If She Comes Back

Someone to Love

Sweet Marianne

Ladder to the Sun

Solid Ground (Until the Water Flows Over)

The World Turns Upside Down (Your World's Turned Upside Down)

St. Stephen

The Fall of Man

Bloodless Revolution

The Man Who Swears

First Steps

Loveless

Goodbye and Goodnight

Bucket for a Crown

Lukas

Fun

Famous Old Painters

The Dubliners

Don Quixote (Spanish Rain)

Wedding Bells

Aiko

Gone But Not F. Cotton

My first vote goes to Loveless. Now it may not be fair to include half-songs like this but if anyone has any objections I'll remove it and So Sad.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what? Apparently there was going to be ANOTHER song called Fun???:D

I wonder if that song got reworked for AHFOD! :P

Anyway I need some time to think of this. I'll search them all up and come back with my vote. So many unfinished songs I need to rank them all and I haven't heard half of them either :P

So, ill be back in a couple hours! :D

PS: I was extremely pleased with the results of the last elimination! I had that feeling that Fly On would come and win yet no one really said that would happen or hope for it.... I kept silent about my opinion and as that proves jinxes apparently do exist!:P

what? Apparently there was going to be ANOTHER song called Fun???:D

I wonder if that song got reworked for AHFOD! :P

Fun is this lovely song right here that they gave to Natalie Imbruglia. A Coldplay version is not available at the moment. ;) I was wondering the same thing too! If it does appear again on AHFOD it'll probably be the best song on the album. :)

[video=youtube;X4egrp2Q_zI]

This is hard....many of these I've only heard once or twice.....Ill have to take some time to listen to them all before I vote.

Will our next elimination be for AHFOD and then we can have the Era-Winner Ultimate Elimination?

I clearly support Lukas for the win, it's the best pop song they ever made and should've been replacing Viva La Vida IMO.

Said that i vote So Sad

I think there's quite a few pop that they've made bettern than Lukas but I do hope Lukas at least makes the top 10. It should have replace Yes IMO.

This is hard....many of these I've only heard once or twice.....Ill have to take some time to listen to them all before I vote.

I've done the exact same thing and ranked all of them in my personal own opinion. Only took an hour and a half. :P I've still got 2 more songs to rank so I'm technically not done yet. Also, half these songs I didn't even know about lol

EDIT Am done ranking :D Have put my vote 2 or 3 posts above this one. That took only just under an hour and a half:P

Will our next elimination be for AHFOD and then we can have the Era-Winner Ultimate Elimination?

Yup, we'll probably do AHFOD next, though I wonder, would people like at least a month to properly assess the songs before the elimination?

I can't seems to find Goodbye and Goodnight or Fun....can anyone post links to youtube for them?

Anyways, I vote for Loveless (next round it will be So Sad)

Are we doing double eliminations again?

It's explainable why you couldn't find either. For both songs, there is no Coldplay versions available. Here's a beautiful ukelele version of Goodbye and Goodnight while the sun is setting... it's very gorgeous IMO :)

[video=youtube;rgMdg0Cevr0]

Here's a version of Fun by Natalie Imbruglia. I can't believe that the one part of Fun got developed into what would eventually become the most gorgeous song I've ever heard, Paradise. It's also very beautiful IMO.

[video=youtube;X4egrp2Q_zI]

Hope this helps! :)

PS: That one part of Fun also kind of sounds like that one part of Midnight as well...:D

@thetwinparadox: Can you please add A View From The Top ? It's one of the best unreleased songs (imho) and it's missing...

[video=youtube;SufQelzQtx8]

That's what I was wondering... Why isn't A View From A Top there? Maybe because it's too fuzzy for some people to evaluate? :thinking: