🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
atlas2000

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

Gotta agree with that. One thing no fan can deny about the band is that they're an incredible live act and I really hope they knock this one out of the park, but there's this feeling of uncertainty I can't really explain. Maybe it has to do with how awkward they used to be on live tv performances some years ago.

And please, don't let Chris start rapping or something like that. Would be so cringeworthy.

Every artist is nervous for the halftime show, no matter how good you are. The logistics are crazy. But they will rehearse this to death: it will be fine :)

• Like 2

I was randomly thinking the other day that wouldn't be awesome if this is the most watched Super Bowl OF ALL TIME??.. Mostly because nations outside of the US want to watch Coldplays performance. I want Coldplay to make the Coldplay haters realize that this band is amazing and special.

I live in Texas and I have been on this board for over 10 years.. I'm a huge fan but a lot of my friend mock me because of my fandom.. I ignore it but it just sucks I don't have more friends that enjoy watching this band.. Anyway I'm really looking forward to the Super Bowl performance and I'm sure it will be AMAZING!

• Like 1

There is a 99% chance this will be the most-watched Super Bowl, as it breaks its own record each year! I hope Coldplay puts on a great performance to put those haters in their place!

• Like 1

Oops, I think I have just posted it in the wrong thread (mods, you can delete it if you want).

I also discovered that nice sounding piece between 2:11 - 2:57.

edit: I have deleted the post in the other thread.

Oh, how beautiful! Maybe this event can finally make me like Fix You. :D

• Like 1

Wow that Clocks to Fix You transition is so beautiful

• Like 1

Cool transition! Can't wait to hear the full thing!

Can't see the video right now but if that means we are getting a part of Fix You at the Superbowl, then YAY !!! :D

• Like 2

I was randomly thinking the other day that wouldn't be awesome if this is the most watched Super Bowl OF ALL TIME??.. Mostly because nations outside of the US want to watch Coldplays performance. I want Coldplay to make the Coldplay haters realize that this band is amazing and special.

I live in Texas and I have been on this board for over 10 years.. I'm a huge fan but a lot of my friend mock me because of my fandom.. I ignore it but it just sucks I don't have more friends that enjoy watching this band.. Anyway I'm really looking forward to the Super Bowl performance and I'm sure it will be AMAZING!

We are in the exact same boat!

• Like 1

Maybe this event can finally make me like Fix You. :D

I...you need to leave. Now. Such blasphemy will not be tolerated.

I...you need to leave. Now. Such blasphemy will not be tolerated.

Nah, I'm alright here, thanks. :D

So excited - only a bit more than a week. :dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phdwmd9xrFI

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/phdwmd9xrFI

At 2:12, I REALLY WANT TO LEARN THAT PIANO LEAD IN FROM CLOCKS TO FIX YOU. There's a lesson for ya, @coldplaykb !

Haha that was really epic. I love the small things like that. It sounds so magical. Hopefully I can figure it out!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Clocks fading into Fix you was absolutely seamless ! Wow

But whats up with the black beanie? LOL

• Like 1

Wow Clocks and Fix You mashup! Ahhhh I cant wait to see this whole thing!!!

Oooh there is an actor who used to play Scrubs at the end of the video lol, forgot his name is :lol:

• Like 2

Really liked the Clocks to Fix You change over.

Would there be a way to watch the superbowl half time show for non Americans?

Wow Clocks and Fix You mashup!

It truly is awesome. Both songs are in the same key and they flow into each other so well. Remember in the MX tour they would go straight from Clocks to Fix You with the organ already rolling at the end of clocks. Almost makes you wonder if they were written around the same time even though they're on different albums.

• Like 1

Almost makes you wonder if they were written around the same time even though they're on different albums.

possibly, but maybe some months apart. we know that clocks almost didn't make it to a rush of blood because was written last minute and fix you was written for gwyneth when they met right after releasing a rush of blood.

• Like 1

Yeah, wonderful transition. But is Fix You still Fix You without the first part?