🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
atlas2000

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

Lol that's not exactly their audience is it? Football fans won't like this one bit lol. Already loads of people complaining about it on Twitter.

My take on Coldplay performing at the super bowl:

Like Chris has said in many interviews recently, "if you don't like us or don't enjoy our music, that's OK, tune off and do something else. If you do like our music and us as a band, it's gonna be super cool and you're in for something special"

I'm sure if they were given this opportunity a while back they wouldn't have accepted it because Chris would probably naturally feel like a lot of people watching would show negativity towards them as a band (being such a large-scale performance with such a variety of people watching), it seems like they've definitely overcome dealing with that and feel more free to do things as such which has personally gotten me really excited for this era. [emoji41]

There will always be hate for Coldplay from those that want to be seen as 'cool'

Coldplay have the 'boring' image which will never go away.

It's funny because its actually being better received on the forums than online which is an accomplishment kinda because usually it's the other way around

It's funny because its actually being better received on the forums than online which is an accomplishment kinda because usually it's the other way around

'cause football fans are another breed altogether. Coldplay just arent a very 'manly' or 'macho' band, so to say you like the band is to damage your man points and football fans can't have that...

• Like 1

God, this is so cool. Like others have said, this is about the last thing Coldplay hadn't done yet. Can you imagine headlining the Super Bowl and Glastonbury in 2016? How blessed is this band?

merged threads

Who cares what football fans like? They are watching for the game, not the show. Most people watch the super bowl aren't "fans", they watch it because it's the super bowl. Commercials, product placement, half-time show and somewhere in there an actual game is played.

Anyway, I would love for them to do a heartfelt show. Politik, Amazing Day, Fix You. They might get somewhat close to the U2 show. However, chances are they will go full pop dance. AOAL (with dancing monkeys), Hymn (With Beyonce), ETIAW (with xylobands and pyro).

I think this would be fun, it'll be so good! I straight away thought of when they playe the Paralympics Ceremony. I know this wont be like that but still, it will be really fun :) ...

I hope...

A bunch of...wait for it...Britney Spears fans seem to be very angry that Coldplay are doing the halftime show.

They're using the hashtags #CokeNoPepsi #NoBritneyNoSuperBowl

Oh please...

Now we know who are the haters...

Now we know who are the haters...

Don't forget the meatheads who are mad that a band so "gay" and "soft" would do the halftime show for their precious sporting event.

• Like 1

Don't forget the meatheads who are mad that a band so "gay" and "soft" would do the halftime show for their precious sporting event.

Lol, gay and soft. (And yet they still don't realize they had Bruno Mars do the same exact sh*t only a couple years ago)

i dont wanna give in to these ppl, but I kinda expected this response. Which is why i didnt want coldplay to do this show.

It'll be fine. It's not like Katy Perry is an artist you expect football fans to enjoy. Any popular group can play the Superbowl.

This also clears one thing up. Chris said recently that he had just watched Katy Perry's performance from the Superbowl earlier this year which seemed strange to me, but I guess it makes sense now.

• Like 1

It'll be fine. It's not like Katy Perry is an artist you expect football fans to enjoy. Any popular group can play the Superbowl.

A bunch of men won't enjoy watching an attractive female in skimpy clothing?

A bunch of men won't enjoy watching an attractive female in skimpy clothing?

...you raise a fair point.

yep, i'm not on board with coldplay playing either. the hate is just starting. look at the likes vs. dislikes on the very first video! no matter how well they do, there will be nasty reviews.

also i saw a couple of articles whining about not having kanye do the super bowl. some kanye fans are thinking that there is a chance that kanye will come up for homecoming. hahaaaa!

...you raise a fair point.

lol, yeah, Coldplay have nothing going for them this gig.

-they aren't females

-they're playing a genre that doesn't quite appeal

-their image amongst the football watching demographic is that of a 'gay' band, in a sport where homosexuality is heavily shunned.

I think their best move to gain some cheers is to grab Queen B and sing HFTW or RiRi for PoC

lol, yeah, Coldplay have nothing going for them this gig.

-they aren't females

-they're playing a genre that doesn't quite appeal

-their image amongst the football watching demographic is that of a 'gay' band, in a sport where homosexuality is heavily shunned.

I think their best move to gain some cheers is to grab Queen B and sing HFTW or RiRi for PoC

what a sad picture..

Watch that video in full screen and pay close attention to the papers on the table, they reveal at least parts of the setlist:

"Song 2: Adventure of a Lifetime".

"Song 3: Viva La Vida".

"Song 5?: Clocks | Uptown Funk | Beyonce"

also i saw a couple of articles whining about not having kanye do the super bowl. some kanye fans are thinking that there is a chance that kanye will come up for homecoming. hahaaaa!

Lets just bring everyone on! Kanye, Beyonce, Bruno Mars, JB, Rihanna, the whole lot!