🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
Kamili

What would you change on AHFOD?

it seems like I'm the only one in this forum that doesn't like Up&Up.

Nope! :wink2:

You two both are not alone, @mayrn43 doesn't like it either.

• Like 3

WHAT SHOULD BE CHANGED:

- Army Of One should have never been recorded, if anything they should throw it into a garbage compactor:P

- X Marks The Spot should be burned.

- Hymn For The Weekend should be drained of its mainstream and of its Beyonce. Or in this case drained off the album;)

- Everglow needs to have more guitar, less mainstream. Or just put it as a B Side.

- Make it so Up&Up sounds like the live version.

- Get Stargate fired off the planet:P

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO MAKE THE ALBUM A GEM:

- Replace Army Of One ENTIRELY with a Like Spinning Plates style song, make it quite ambient but also quite experimental. This could be the darker song on the album, but at the end there is a small instrumental that reopens the light (replaces XMTS).

- Hymn could be replaced by another AOAL of the album with a disco-rock vibe, cause it would make sense;)

- Everglow could be taken off the album and put aside in favour of a colourful but insightful piano ballad song, without the sappiness. And with MORE guitar, so it builds up at the end to a kick-ass guitar solo, kind of like in Paranoid Android:D

- Like I Said, Up&Up Needs To Be Less Stargate-ed.

- Recruit Jon Hopkins and Brian Eno for the production and strings.

- More Ambience In The Production!!!!

- More Radiohead style influence!

- More of a Midnight style bonus track!

...and we're done here folks:vuvuzela:

Coldplay should hire you. Post of the thread.

• Like 1

Change the album cover to something more like this[ATTACH=full]3680[/ATTACH]

• Like 5

Change the album cover to something more like this[ATTACH=full]3680[/ATTACH]

Good minkmial aet but too much of a arobtth copycat so no

I'll preface by saying that I really like AHFOD but there are two key things I would change about the album itself and one about live:

1. Tweak the tracklisting a bit. I find Army of One following Kaleidoscope to be very jarring. I would've much preferred Amazing Day after Kaleidoscope because those songs are more lyrically/thematically related. Kaleidoscope leaves me feeling really emotional/happy, and then Amazing Day is sort of cathartic and continues the "WOW LIFE IS GREAT" thing. Army of One feels like a bit of a generic throwaway love song (I really like Army of One, but it's suboptimal following Kaleidoscope IMO). Less importantly, the position of Everglow is a bit weird, IMO.

Here's what I would propose. That said, A. I don't like changing tracklistings around from what the band did, B. I'm very sensitive to how some noises lead into next songs (like Birds into HFTW). Disrupting things like that is jarring.

1. AHFOD

2. Birds

3. HFTW

4. AOAL

5. Fun

6. Army of One

7. Everglow

8. Kaleidoscope

9. Amazing Day

10. Colour Spectrum

11. Up&Up

2. Turn up the guitar. This is self explanatory. This would've made Everglow a lot better in particular. The mixing on the acoustic guitar in Birds is a bit weird/low as well. And the lead guitar at the end of Birds, HFTW, and Army of One is a little bit too quiet.

3. (live) Fewer backing tracks. I wish Chris would play electric guitar on AHFOD so that Jonny can play the "A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS" line with a slide (which would make it sound more like the album version); AOAL, HFTW, and Amazing Day all have piano backing tracks but those songs would be a lot better with Chris actually sitting down to play the piano IMO.

• Like 3

Get rid of Colour Spectrum and replace it with a scrapped song. Fix the mixing with guitar in some songs that left it sounding muffled. Bridge a better gap between Everglow and Adventure of a Lifetime, or just move Everglow in the tracklist.

That's it for me.

WHAT SHOULD BE CHANGED:

- Army Of One should have never been recorded, if anything they should throw it into a garbage compactor:P

- X Marks The Spot should be burned.

- Hymn For The Weekend should be drained of its mainstream and of its Beyonce. Or in this case drained off the album;)

- Everglow needs to have more guitar, less mainstream. Or just put it as a B Side.

- Make it so Up&Up sounds like the live version.

- Get Stargate fired off the planet:P

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO MAKE THE ALBUM A GEM:

- Replace Army Of One ENTIRELY with a Like Spinning Plates style song, make it quite ambient but also quite experimental. This could be the darker song on the album, but at the end there is a small instrumental that reopens the light (replaces XMTS).

- Hymn could be replaced by another AOAL of the album with a disco-rock vibe, cause it would make sense;)

- Everglow could be taken off the album and put aside in favour of a colourful but insightful piano ballad song, without the sappiness. And with MORE guitar, so it builds up at the end to a kick-ass guitar solo, kind of like in Paranoid Android:D

- Like I Said, Up&Up Needs To Be Less Stargate-ed.

- Recruit Jon Hopkins and Brian Eno for the production and strings.

- More Ambience In The Production!!!!

- More Radiohead style influence!

- More of a Midnight style bonus track!

...and we're done here folks:vuvuzela:

So basically you want them to be exactly like 90's Radiohead?

• Like 1

Get rid of Colour Spectrum and replace it with a scrapped song. Fix the mixing with guitar in some songs that left it sounding muffled. Bridge a better gap between Everglow and Adventure of a Lifetime, or just move Everglow in the tracklist.

That's it for me.

So basically you want them to be exactly like 90's Radiohead?

He's a massive Radiohead fan in case you didn't know:D