🪐CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND RUMOURS ON COLDPLAY'S UPCOMING ALBUM🪐

Coldplaying Listening Party

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh? Care to share what that explains exactly? hahahaha But yes Aquarius is one of my favorite signs and its our month this month! :D Birthdays coming up hehe

*LOL*, let's say I recognize a few typical characteristics.

I'm an early Aquarius and already had mine.

*LOL*, let's say I recognize a few typical characteristics.

I'm an early Aquarius and already had mine.

Haha no doubt! I always thought the zodiac has a valid base from my experience. However I can see now that I´ve almost finished growing up (a man takes a looooong time LOL) I recognise Im probably a 50/50 mix of Aquarius and Leo as far as my characteristics go :)

And happy belated birthday! Mine is coming up

• Like 1
Thank you @anthamic, I love that font !

Unfortunately my notebook doesn't charge anymore since three days...so unless I find a solution there will be no X&Y listening party for me.... :(

Any chance you can use the notebook with the power attached? Or perhaps it doesn't get power even when you remove the battery? I remember a few years ago my notebook battery went bust/did not charge, so I had to just use the power until I could get a new one...bothering :/

• Like 1
Thank you @anthamic, I love that font !

Unfortunately my notebook doesn't charge anymore since three days...so unless I find a solution there will be no X&Y listening party for me.... :(

Oh no, bad timing :(

But can it stay alive if you plug it in? Or does it literally not charge at all? Because I remember I had a notebook and it would die if it weren't to be plugged in all the time after several charges :( That's the thing that sucks with them.

• Like 1
Any chance you can use the notebook with the power attached? Or perhaps it doesn't get power even when you remove the battery? I remember a few years ago my notebook battery went bust/did not charge, so I had to just use the power until I could get a new one...bothering :/

This is funny, because I literally said the exact same things you did, just in an entirely different way :p

• Like 1
This is funny, because I literally said the exact same things you did, just in an entirely different way :p

:laugh4::laugh4: Oh wow yeah you did! Sure you did not tune into "Leo brain-waves channel" before you posted? LOL

• Like 1
Great idea! From my calculations it will be 4pm eastern time in the USA unless I messed that conversion up. I'm in!

Time is quoted in PST as well, which may be easier for you to convert! All info on the first post :D

• Like 1
Any chance for you to try a new cable? Maybe thats where the defect lies...

We simply have to find another way for you to join...can you go to a public library and use a computer while listening with earbuds? This is one of your favorite albums- you have to be there as an inspiration to the rest of us!!

• Like 1

Yeah, I know I need to buy a new cable, I found out that's where the problem lies. So annoying. I don't wanna invest too much b/c it will have the American plug configuration if I buy it here, meaning it's gonna be pretty useless when I return to Europe and I'll need another one there....

Today I managed to get my old charger working by twisting the cable in the weirdest ways. It is a very, very loose contact. I currently have it plugged under maximum tension (using my speakers to extend it across the desk) and it works, but if I accidentally move it by millimatres it stops working.

I guess that's how I'll keep going for the moment.....

• Like 2
Yeah, I know I need to buy a new cable, I found out that's where the problem lies. So annoying. I don't wanna invest too much b/c it will have the American plug configuration if I buy it here, meaning it's gonna be pretty useless when I return to Europe and I'll need another one there....

Today I managed to get my old charger working by twisting the cable in the weirdest ways. It is a very, very loose contact. I currently have it plugged under maximum tension (using my speakers to extend it across the desk) and it works, but if I accidentally move it by millimatres it stops working.

That is so unfortunate :( I used to have a charger for my phone that only worked when you twisted it up in a weird way. I don't know why it makes it work by twisting it and I've noticed that when it's broken in a way that you have to twist it you have to keep still or else it won't work. It's so dumb.

But hopefully good things will come your way and you'll be able to listen with us :D

Good you can keep it going ! I hope it will last for tonight :) (your afternoon)

As for the cable it should not be useless if you buy it there. You'd only require a conversion plug attached to it to make it work in Europe. Must check the voltage of your computer of course to be sure but all the pc/phone power adapters I've owned could cover both currents. Maybe worth checking out then as it may pay off to buy it there if the adapter is cheaper in the USA (electronics tend to be cheaper than in Europe).

• Like 1

Glad to see that you have found a MacGyver way to charge it again. :)

I have a small question about this evening's listening party, are we only going to listen to the 13 songs on the CD, or B-sides as well?

• Like 1