🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the opposite problem, the sun sounds here to much. And of course the only rain we get was on the weekend. Can't ever rain during school of course. Ughhhhhh I'd take all your rain in a heartbeat... It sucks when the sun shines during that time...

I hope it goes away for you soon. And comes for me soon. Except now it'll probably be snow because it's getting that time of year again...........

Then again it did rain on that exact day which was fitting...

yes, please take this weather from me! :laugh3:

i don't mind if it's warm and rainy. i really love the days when it's both sunny and stormy at the same time, which it's kinda looking like today. but when the entire sky is covered with grey clouds, especially if it's kinda cold out, it's a real downer for me :P

• Like 2

Here we have 4 regular seasons so I have a pleasure of experiencing everything,from tropical summers to cold snowy winters,rainy and windy autumns,fresh and green springs...

I like it everything,whatever comes,although I prefer summer to anything else. I love hot air and long daylight,I get little sleep because I'm full of energy.

We don't have a lot of rain here so it also makes me happy,I like the rain so much because it reminds me of closing inside myself and it feels like Parachutes :parachutes:

• Like 3

Well guess what, yesterday it didn't end up raining. Rather snowing. Knew it.

yes, please take this weather from me! :laugh3:

i don't mind if it's warm and rainy. i really love the days when it's both sunny and stormy at the same time, which it's kinda looking like today. but when the entire sky is covered with grey clouds, especially if it's kinda cold out, it's a real downer for me :P

I like all types of rainy and stormy weather, including cold rainy days where I listen to Coldplay and I admit it is sad it really enhances the feeling of sad Coldplay song though! We've had much more of those days the past summer over sunny hot days like the three years before this and for that I am super thankful. However this year I think was the biggest for storms I'd seen in my life. I remember this one day it was so windy and so rainy and the result was quite a few trees getting knocked down including 1 and a part of the 2nd in the back yard, now only 1 big tree is there, the 1st one fell over entirely while only a bit of the 2nd but the storm made it ready to go anyway.

Here we have 4 regular seasons so I have a pleasure of experiencing everything,from tropical summers to cold snowy winters,rainy and windy autumns,fresh and green springs...

I like it everything,whatever comes,although I prefer summer to anything else. I love hot air and long daylight,I get little sleep because I'm full of energy.

We don't have a lot of rain here so it also makes me happy,I like the rain so much because it reminds me of closing inside myself and it feels like Parachutes :parachutes:

I agree with most except I hate hot days lol

• Like 3
I like all types of rainy and stormy weather, including cold rainy days where I listen to Coldplay and I admit it is sad it really enhances the feeling of sad Coldplay song though! We've had much more of those days the past summer over sunny hot days like the three years before this and for that I am super thankful. However this year I think was the biggest for storms I'd seen in my life. I remember this one day it was so windy and so rainy and the result was quite a few trees getting knocked down including 1 and a part of the 2nd in the back yard, now only 1 big tree is there, the 1st one fell over entirely while only a bit of the 2nd but the storm made it ready to go anyway.

that's true, sometimes when those days come along i'm like YES I NEEDED THIS... which was true for about one of the days of this past week. but it's not good when it kills my motivation and i have a lot of stuff to get done D: it seems like it's going to be sunny today, though :cheesy:

and that's so scary about the trees in your yard! i grew up in an area where we were basically surrounded by trees and i remember about four years ago now there was a hurricane and it ended up giving me anxiety about just hearing wind outside :P but at one point we heard something hit our roof and it was SO LOUD. when we went out the next day after the storm was over, we saw the single branch that had fallen - admittedly, it was a pretty big branch but when my dad looked at the roof he realized that it had only just barely hit and all that had happened was some bark scrapped off. so i couldn't imagine what it would have sounded like if the thing had done actual damage to our house :wrecked:

ahhhh, and i love the heat... maybe we should start a new thread about weather :lol::P

• Like 3
that's true, sometimes when those days come along i'm like YES I NEEDED THIS... which was true for about one of the days of this past week. but it's not good when it kills my motivation and i have a lot of stuff to get done D: it seems like it's going to be sunny today, though :cheesy:

and that's so scary about the trees in your yard! i grew up in an area where we were basically surrounded by trees and i remember about four years ago now there was a hurricane and it ended up giving me anxiety about just hearing wind outside :P but at one point we heard something hit our roof and it was SO LOUD. when we went out the next day after the storm was over, we saw the single branch that had fallen - admittedly, it was a pretty big branch but when my dad looked at the roof he realized that it had only just barely hit and all that had happened was some bark scrapped off. so i couldn't imagine what it would have sounded like if the thing had done actual damage to our house :wrecked:

ahhhh, and i love the heat... maybe we should start a new thread about weather :lol::P

Both types of weather are good for working for me, it's just nice to have a change of scenery as opposed to the usual sunshine here (this past summer though, funny enough the norm was cloudy and rainy which was not the case for quite a few years)

That sounded really scary until I heard it was just a branch :lol: can't imagine the sound when an actual tree would fall over on your house! We're in danger of that, we actually also have some really tall trees around our house and if the wind blows the wrong way it could just happen... In fact the first time it almost happened, it took the fence in the backyard along with it (it was still technically our tree even though it was just outside the fence, it fell in the property line) this was sometime in September a couple years back. The fence was left unfixed the entire winter and some of the summer. It was supposed to get done earlier apparently but it just wasn't... Wow that was some time ago, feels just like yesterday but at the same time so far away! How can that be, the time flies so quick nowadays...

Lol maybe we should, I'm a big weather enthusiast myself and I'm sure I'm not the only one :P

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
this seems like a fairly appropriate place for this:

who else is buggin about the US presidential election tomorrow? :P

OMG girl, I am! But compared to some people, I'm fairly at peace, since I'm voting my conscience (i.e. Jill Stein).

• Like 2
OMG girl, I am! But compared to some people, I'm fairly at peace, since I'm voting my conscience (i.e. Jill Stein).

i kinda want to vote third party too but i'm in PA which is a swing state so it makes me really nervous :lipsrsealed2: and honestly the third party choices aren't THAT great either imo...

but at least i AM going to vote, which is more than i can say for pretty much any other member of my family :shifty:

• Like 1
i kinda want to vote third party too but i'm in PA which is a swing state so it makes me really nervous :lipsrsealed2: and honestly the third party choices aren't THAT great either imo...

but at least i AM going to vote, which is more than i can say for pretty much any other member of my family :shifty:

Well, based on Wikileaks, they won't allow Trump to win anyway, just like they stole Sanders' victory in the primaries, so Clinton will win either way. That's why I suggest voting Green. If she gets 5% of the popular vote, the Green party will get millions of dollars of funding for the next election cycle, automatic ballot access, and maybe even be able to participate in the debates! :)

• Like 3
this seems like a fairly appropriate place for this:

who else is buggin about the US presidential election tomorrow? :P

I just hope that things won't turn out like it did with the Brexit.

When everyone thought it never would happen...

• Like 2
I just hope that things won't turn out like it did with the Brexit.

When everyone thought it never would happen...

I'm 99% confident that Clinton will win, whether fair-and-square or not. I'm already bracing myself for the next 4 years being full of war-mongering and bullying of other nations. Not as worried about Americans as I am about the other innocent people that will be victims of our screwed up foreign policies. Not many things make me very depressed, but this sure does the trick!

• Like 2
I'm 99% confident that Clinton will win, whether fair-and-square or not. I'm already bracing myself for the next 4 years being full of war-mongering and bullying of other nations. Not as worried about Americans as I am about the other innocent people that will be victims of our screwed up foreign policies. Not many things make me very depressed, but this sure does the trick!

Well, I'm worried about Americans AND the rest of the world.

This feels like Brexit x 1000

Well, the results are officially in, and Trump did win. You're right, @Nie, this does feel like Brexit. We were gonna be screwed anyways, but welcome to Idiocracy :(

Edit: Many people will pull out their money from the stock markets because of this, just like Brexit.

Breaking: Donald Trump to sing on next Coldplay album.

In last night's victory speech, Trump assured would do everything to "make Coldplay great again".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, but sometimes the reality is too stupid to be taken seriously. Jokes aside now, what remains ? Here's my opinion. America has made itself ridiculous in the eyes of the world. Look what a disgusting person Trump has shown himself as in every respect, who is gonna take him seriously or have an ounce of respect towards him ? Because Trump is a liar, he hopefully won't do half of the things he said pre-election.

And hopefully this will be a wake-up call to the American Democrats to try and find out what's wrong with the system and ask themselves if a major shift in policy wouldn't be due. Because one of the downfalls of Clinton was that many people of the left could not support her despite the awfulness of her opponent because she clearly was a candidate close to the big corporations, with an air of corruption and dishonesty around her, and she gave the impression in the debates with all her harsh rhetoric towards multiple countries that she wouldn't hesitate to set the Middle East on fire militarically to please her friends in the arms industries, for example by going into direct confrontation with Russia instead of sitting together with other countries and discuss what to do against the real threat in this area, ISIS. She is a falcon, not a peace dove. (Not saying Trump isn't any of that, but lets face it, Clinton didn't get the support she needed in the left-leaning part of the population, or she would have defeated Trump, and there's a reason for that)

Of course, it is the poorest and structurally disfavored Americans that have chosen the real bad lot here. More racism, more discrimination against minorities, more deportations of immigrants, more police violence against blacks, less to none medical insurance or any kind of social services, the poverty gap is gonna widen tremendously, and more people will randomly get their heads blown off due to unlimited gun violence. America is the real loser of this election.

• Like 6

In last night's victory speech, Trump assured would do everything to "make Coldplay great again".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, but sometimes the reality is too stupid to be taken seriously. Jokes aside now, what remains ? Here's my opinion. America has made itself ridiculous in the eyes of the world. Look what a disgusting person Trump has shown himself as in every respect, who is gonna take him seriously or have an ounce of respect towards him ? Because Trump is a liar, he hopefully won't do half of the things he said pre-election.

And hopefully this will be a wake-up call to the American Democrats to try and find out what's wrong with the system and ask themselves if a major shift in policy wouldn't be due. Because one of the downfalls of Clinton was that many people of the left could not support her despite the awfulness of her opponent because she clearly was a candidate close to the big corporations, with an air of corruption and dishonesty around her, and she gave the impression in the debates with all her harsh rhetoric towards multiple countries that she wouldn't hesitate to set the Middle East on fire militarically to please her friends in the arms industries, for example by going into direct confrontation with Russia instead of sitting together with other countries and discuss what to do against the real threat in this area, ISIS. She is a falcon, not a peace dove. (Not saying Trump isn't any of that, but lets face it, Clinton didn't get the support she needed in the left-leaning part of the population, or she would have defeated Trump, and there's a reason for that)

Of course, it is the poorest and structurally disfavored Americans that have chosen the real bad lot here. More racism, more discrimination against minorities, more deportations of immigrants, more police violence against blacks, less to none medical insurance or any kind of social services, the poverty gap is gonna widen tremendously, and more people will randomly get their heads blown off due to unlimited gun violence. America is the real loser of this election.

I'm done with this world right now tbh. First Brexit, now this. I just don't get how humanity still can't understand that there's no point in hating each other. We all live on this same planet, we're all humans, why would we fight against each other just because someone is a bit different in some way?? It seems like we're never getting anywhere. Every time I think great things are happening and we're making a step forward my hopes get crashed. Obviously Clinton wasn't a good option either but anything is better than Trump. I don't know what exactly this will mean for our future but even though I'm not from the US I'm really scared.

But I don't want to loose hope. I know there are so many people who want to live together peacefully, no matter where they're from or what they look like or what their believes are whatever. We can't give up. And the least thing everyone can do is to be kind to each other. That's where it all starts imo.

• Like 5

Yes, it's more important than ever today to speak up for equality and against racism, for peace and against wars, for love and against hate, for justice and against oppression. Come on raise this noise, for the million(s) people who got not one voice !!

• Like 4

that joke was the only thing this morning that has actually made me laugh, so thank you :lol:

I'm done with this world right now tbh. First Brexit, now this. I just don't get how humanity still can't understand that there's no point in hating each other. We all live on this same planet, we're all humans, why would we fight against each other just because someone is a bit different in some way?? It seems like we're never getting anywhere. Every time I think great things are happening and we're making a step forward my hopes get crashed. Obviously Clinton wasn't a good option either but anything is better than Trump. I don't know what exactly this will mean for our future but even though I'm not from the US I'm really scared.

But I don't want to loose hope. I know there are so many people who want to live together peacefully, no matter where they're from or what they look like or what their believes are whatever. We can't give up. And the least thing everyone can do is to be kind to each other. That's where it all starts imo.

i'll be real honest here - it's not humanity that can't understand. it's white people. for some reason WE can't understand, especially in the US. of course there were people from minority groups who voted for Trump, but polls were showing that an overwhelming majority of college-educated white citizens voted for him. that was not what people expected.

this is of course a setback but i think we'll come out the other end of it OK. not great, but OK.

• Like 3

i'll be real honest here - it's not humanity that can't understand. it's white people. for some reason WE can't understand, especially in the US. of course there were people from minority groups who voted for Trump, but polls were showing that an overwhelming majority of college-educated white citizens voted for him. that was not what people expected.

this is of course a setback but i think we'll come out the other end of it OK. not great, but OK.

Well, I wasn't only taking about trump but also about all the other terrible things that have been happening recently or generally the attitude many people seem to have.

But of course, only looking at these elections I can't understand either how so many people could have voted for him either.

But you're right, I think/hope it'll be okay somehow.

• Like 1

There are many reasons why so many people voted for him. Michael Moore did a documentary called Trumpland that aimed to warn people about the real possibility of him being president, so I won't bore you with those details. I too can only hope that he won't do some of the things that he said, for example, default on the national debt, which would completely destroy the US dollar. For me, a big bummer is that nothing will be done to combat climate change. To be fair, I don't think that Clinton would do much better in this area, but I do hope that we can at least do something at the state level about this because, really, this is not something that will wait until we get our act together.

On the (maybe) positive note, I can only hope that he won't be as militaristic in his approach to other countries, and that's a big plus imho, if indeed he really doesn't have his hands tied by billionaire donors. But, once again, one can only hope. Also, one can only hope that the Democratic Party (and the media) will wake up and get their act together and choose their candidate wisely in the future. If Bernie Sanders was the Democratic nominee, the election would have been drastically different.

Also I agree with Brooke: although this is a setback, we're gonna get it, get it together somehow.

• Like 3

I've just realised that I told a friend we can meet on November 19, I'll miss Coldplay at global citizen! This week has been so difficult that I've forgotten so many important things, not just about Coldplay but about things related to my family, school and friends. My mood has been a little bit down for so many reasons. At the same time I have this feeling of not wanting to feel this way. I try to cheer myself up thinking on the amazing things I have in my life. But, this feeling always came back. Maybe you know me as someone who always tries to be positive, but this time I fail to do so. Perhaps that's why it makes me feel a little bit frustrated about everything around me. Anyways I want to share with you something I wrote somewhere else and that I will read from time to time to remind myself to never give up. Sometimes I believe I write things for someone else, but maybe I write those things for myself:

It was a weird week. On Monday I had this feeling I can't describe, maybe I was angry or sad, I don't know. On Thursday I was expecting something good, but that didn't happen. Or at least not on the way I wanted that to happen. I saw the world divided but all united for one purpose: we all want change. However, we need to start looking for the right answer instead of choosing a desperate way to make things work. I'm sure there are different forms to help the world be a better one because I've seen lots of people being so kind and understanding. I've seen people making some change through love. I have faith in humanity. Thousands of people supporting those who are around them, it doesn't matter their gender, social status, skin color, they just want to listen to what they have to say.

In difficult times it's too hard to find positivity. But I ask you to be grateful for what you have on your life, family, friends, a home, a flower because there are people who doesn't have that. You can help others by being kind to each other, supporting others, doing your best at school or work. I won't give up and I don't want you to give up.

• Like 4

This opinion is likely to be pretty unpopular on this board and seemingly in the music industry altogether, but I was hoping throughout the entire electoral season that Coldplay would not endorse or speak politically. I cannot stand when entertainers become political, and to me, their opinions on that subject matter couldn't be any less welcome. I love Coldplay pretty much more than anything, and I know that in the back of my mind we probably have incredibly different views on politics, but I just prefer it to not even come up because it will leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Yes, I respect other viewpoints, but entertainers should as well -- in fact they should just not say anything regarding politics and stick to promoting their music if they are to say anything, or talk about the charities they support.

I tend to be more liberal on subjects such as marijuana legalization, gay marriage, etc, but I am extremely conservative when it comes to fiscal policy, government spending and programs, border protection and foreign policy. I am so fucking tired of this narrative that Trump is pretty much Satan, which is being spewed by mass media because the media didn't get what it wanted. Trump is far from a perfect candidate, but Clinton is the definition of a criminal, and by all accounts if she weren't married to Bill, she would be in prison. Clinton is also the definition of a shady two-faced politician, and if her track record as Secretary of State is anything to go on, a Clinton presidency would be disastrous. After the scandals she has been involved in with the Clinton Foundation, and the private server, as well as her failed foreign policy, how could any American in his or her sane mind actually think she is a viable candidate and vote for her? It's beggar's belief.

Trump has a big mouth and says things he shouldn't. I'd imagine he will tone this down. The media tried so, so, so hard to paint him as a wild, out of control maniac, but I just don't buy it, and clearly neither do many Americans.

He's egotistical, he is arrogant, he is a loud mouth, but he speaks his mind and tells it like it is -- something politicians are terrified to do. We've had eight years of a "nice guy" president that was supposed to unite the country and bring it back from the awful, despicable Satanist Republicans and all we have to show for it is 0% interest rates, a sputtering economy that has never found its footing, ObamaCare which is on the brink of failure, and a country that is as divided as it ever has been. Obama was supposed to be the key to ending division and would most certainly pump the economy back to life. It hasn't happened, and for his first term he had a control of the house and senate to put through pretty much anything he wanted.

To think that Trump, who can't be blamed for ANY of the past eight years or the current state of the country, can do worse or is somehow responsible for this charlie foxtrot is absolutely asinine and the narrative that the mainstream media would love for the every day American to believe.

I am sure this post will rub plenty on this forum the wrong way, but this is my opinion, this is what I believe, and you can flame me all you want, but I'll still respect others opinions, and Viva Coldplay.

• Like 1