🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

[2017-08-25] NRG Stadium, Houston, TX (Cancelled)

Let's just all calm down and wait until they give us an official word after their 2pm meeting. There's no use arguing over something as unpredictable as the weather.

If they cancel, it really sucks, but things happen. I'm only happy I saw them in Chicago last week if that's the case. :/ I'll be out $500 just for the tickets alone because I didn't get travel insurance, not including the hotel and other costs.

If they postpone, that's unfortunate too, but it's better than outright cancelling.

If they decide to continue the show, then that's great! There's some of us more than willing to make the drive out and take any risks to see a band we love.

• Like 1
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time period that matters is Friday at 5:00 pm till Saturday around noon. Pure and simple, this storm poses almost no threat to the Houston area beyond a normal rain event during that specific window of time.

If the storm was right off the coast of Galveston instead of Corpus, then that would be a MUCH different story. Everyone with any sense would be wanting to cancel the concert. But you can't get freaked out by a satellite image of cloud tops when the meat of the storm is over 200 miles away. This isn't my first rodeo.

We can agree to disagree Wmessin.

• Like 1
Let's just all calm down and wait until they give us an official word after their 2pm meeting. There's no use arguing over something as unpredictable as the weather.

If they cancel, it really sucks, but things happen. I'm only happy I saw them in Chicago last week if that's the case. :/ I'll be out $500 just for the tickets alone because I didn't get travel insurance, not including the hotel and other costs.

If they postpone, that's unfortunate too, but it's better than outright cancelling.

If they decide to continue the show, then that's great! There's some of us more than willing to make the drive out and take any risks to see a band we love.

If they cancel do to weather, I am pretty sure you will get your money back...

If they cancel do to weather, I am pretty sure you will get your money back...

Of course, but it ain't that easy. I didn't buy through Ticketmaster so I won't get the automatic refund; I bought at the venue directly not with a card of my own.

It appears the show is still on according to nrg stadiums instagram. Looks like the storm will hit corpus late Friday early Saturday. Houston will get lots of rain Saturday. I don't think the show will be affected other than rain and some wind, but if you have to drive west after the show that might be an issue.

• Like 1
;) I can hear Charlie Brown beginning to play now and Chris saying "Now everybody chop chop chop".

"Hold on hold on, turn the lights on. For one song, everybody put your phones away. Let's all come together for one song and put your phones away. Now 1-2, 1-2-3-GO!"

I've been to WAY too many of their concerts, can you tell?

• Like 1

It does suck for people who planned to fly in and then fly out Sunday or when the storm is worse in Houston. They could always reschedule their flight out of Dallas, New Orleans or something to that effect. Rent a car one way and get out of dodge. But that is just me as I would do anything to see them. Having been through hurricanes all my life, as long as you take the proper precautions and are smart about it, you will be fine.

It does suck for people who planned to fly in and then fly out Sunday or when the storm is worse in Houston. They could always reschedule their flight out of Dallas, New Orleans or something to that effect. Rent a car one way and get out of dodge. But that is just me as I would do anything to see them. Having been through hurricanes all my life, as long as you take the proper precautions and are smart about it, you will be fine.

Just read from some people on the NRG facebook forum, flights cancelled out of dallas.

Initially planned to stay at the Crown Plaza across the stadium, just for the night after the concert but I think it would be better to drive back right after the show. Austin is not that far away, so I'm hoping it should be alright. For those of you flying in or out this weekend, I would seriously reconsider.

And there are people bashing Coldplay for putting their lives at risk, tsk tsk. I'm pretty sure the entire crew would like to survive as well.

• Like 2

Yikes. This is a mess. What are the odds a hurricane hits right before the show? Really it appears we'll only be dealing with rain. But traffic may be a nightmare in and out. I really feel sorry for those who have to drive a long distance. I imagine there will be a lot of empty seats. Hope that doesn't affect how the xylobands look. Anyways be safe everyone.

Anyone blaming the band for this it is best if they aren't at the concert anyway. Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will are great guys and are in a no win situation. They don't want to disappoint their fans like me that want to go and have looked forward to this for 10 months and they don't want to disappoint their fans that can't make it.

If they do the concert, face value refunds should be offered to those who can't make the concert and didn't have the ticket scanned. We will find out tomorrow at noon but I hope in some way it works out for everyone involved. "The closing walls and the ticking clocks".

I can't sleep knowing that we have to wait until NOON to find out anything. I was hoping to leave before noon from ATX.

I have a feeling that it's likely going to be cancelled without a reschedule date and I honestly can't cope with that. :( Yes, I've seen them dozens of times, but this is my first time actually spending hundreds on floor seats now that I can afford them. Coldplay is practically my everything.

• Like 1

Good (or rather, not so good) morning, Coldplayers!

Considering this is quite the PR nightmare, judging by the upset people on the Live Nation and NRG Park Facebook pages, I would expect them to announce something before their projected noon time, likely around 10-11am.

From the way it looks via the Weather Channel, it's not really that bad since the storm has shifted south a bit. The thing that seems to be bad is the lack of gas in some areas of Houston that locals are supposedly reporting on social media, though for all we know, it's isolated areas and people are blowing that out of proportion.

I'm still willing to make the trek out to Houston regardless of anything because Coldplay means so much to me, but I'm going to hold off until the last possible minute for a final word. I haven't cancelled anything yet. Here's hoping for the best. :(

The weather shouldn't be bad tonight. But flooding is likely tomorrow. Not sure if many from Houston are evacuating but i don't see a large scale evacuation happening from Houston. If the show goes on I will definitely make the short trip. I hate to see so many on social media upset because they can't risk flying in or staying overnight. It's a real bummer. I will be leaving as soon as I hear it's a go. I'll be sure to update everyone on how the trip is.

We maybe had 1/4 of rain so far and almost no wind. Conditions aren't bad in Houston. My 72 year old dad is driving in from New Orleans to watch 2 of my 3 kids while we go to the concert tonight. I hope he isn't driving here for nothing.

Via Live Nation:

"Due to Hurricane Harvey, tonight’s Coldplay concert at NRG Stadium has been postponed. Ticketholders will be updated when there is further info. We urge all fans in the area to stay safe."

My heart is broken, but postponed doesn't mean cancelled...so far. :'(

IMG_4601.JPG.e4b8d2e01d932f41c87add76513bf3cd.JPG