🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
AMDB9

Something Just Like This (Tokyo Remix)

I love this but I just hope the crowd is turned down at least a little bit on the release.

EDIT: Nevermind I bought it on iTunes and it's pretty much the same, damn :joy:

it gets a little repetitive, Chainsmokers don't fit in so well most of the time, and i kinda wish Chris had interacted with the kid at the end so there was more connection there, but otherwise it is a cool video :D

• Like 1

A great remix and a cool video! cute and super energetic, I like it so much.

Bit disappointed by the video. I like the kaleidoscopic effects they put on the band, but not the frequent appearance of the CS and the parts with the kid seemed a little uninspired to me as well.

Also, for Chris announcing they will film the music video in Munich, it has barely got any Munich in it - just the few shots of the kid on the B-stage bed in the end :joy:

• Like 3

^ Yeah, me too the video seems cluttered and wasnt very consistent with whatever story it was trying to tell. The editing in the transition from original to live in the beginning was poorly done too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Yeah, me too the video seems cluttered and wasnt very consistent with whatever story it was trying to tell. The editing in the transition from original to live in the beginning was poorly done too.

yeah, there's really not much of a story at all - kid finds kaleidoscope under surprisingly clean bed, then pretends he's at a Coldplay concert? :P

then pretends he's at a Coldplay concert? :p

Don't we all do that sometimes at home ? :D

But wouldn't we do it without wearing a weird mask ? :D

I dunno but the video kind of makes me dizzy... But I definitely like this version to the original.

yeah but i don't make videos about it :rolleyes: :p

You don't ? :joy:

*peers at Instagram*

So this video has been taken down already? What the heck?

Some confusing roll outs for Coldplay recently.

The audio is still up on Itunes and Spotify though, so they aren't editing the track, maybe just the video.

And yeah--agreeing with everyone here. Not a super creative music video by any stretch of the imagination. And in terms of the audio, I'm very bummed too. I like the extra drums and guitars, but I hate crowd noise is live audio. It totally breaks the music to have a crowd scream at every drop. Just my opinion--part of the reason I never was really in to Ghost Stories Live (which has the best version of Fly On, except for the people cheering over the end).

• Like 1

They managed to make it even worse than it was before :lol:

I really appreciate the fact that the song finally got a rockier version. I mean when you listen to the original version of SJLT, it's basically a typical Chainsmokers' song with Chris singing the vocals. They somehow (finally) incorporated their Coldplay sound in it. That's a plus for me.

What I dislike about this remix (as mentioned by other Coldplayers) is that the crowd singalong is so loud. I don't mind including it if the band feels that it will somehow bring the listener to a live concert but they should have toned it down or at least lessen the occurence. Heck, the crowd is all over the song. I'm also curious about the transition of the song to the next track considering that Kaleidoscope is not a live EP. As for the video, the storyline is not clear (if there is) but the Kaleidoscope effect is great. I'll give the song a 6 for now. It's catchy and a good singalong piece. Drums and guitars are also present (side note: MX Jonny is back. His recent riffs are amazing. Remember how he emerged on that album?). Downside is the overpowering crowd singalong and well, the subpar lyrics.

• Like 1

It's possible that the crowd singing won't be present on the album version right? It might just be in there for the video - same as how the videos for AHFOD and Everglow are sort of adapted to the live versions compared to the not-live (AHFOD integrates crowd noise/singing/live stuff compared to the album version, Everglow is just Chris even though the "single version" has Jonny's guitar and backup vocals from Will). I agree that it'd be a bit much normally.

I also agree that the video is good but not great. If the kid did something more interesting at the end then I'd be happy with it, since the visuals are otherwise really cool with the kid diving into the concert via kaleidoscope that's looking through, and the video itself has kaleidoscope effect. I guess if we treat it as a "band performs song in the video" type of music video then it's pretty good, but if we're comparing it against videos that have a good story like Strawberry Swing or the Scientist, then it's not as great.

Jonny's guitar parts are more prominent which I too am happy about. :) It's a very MX-era sound that he has. :D

It's possible that the crowd singing won't be present on the album version right?

above, @tekjansen505 said that she bought it on iTunes and it's exactly the same (which makes sense, why make a video for a mix that's supposed to be on the EP but change it? :P)

• Like 1

There are songs that are over-produced, and when you hear them live, they sound so much better. This was the case for a lot of AHFOD, but not for SJLT lol. I think it was meant to be a studio song, and I hate that it's going to be part of the EP honestly.

• Like 1

Sounds good! But idk if it's my headphones, but it feels kinda buried almost like I'm listening to it through a wall.

Sounds good! But idk if it's my headphones, but it feels kinda buried almost like I'm listening to it through a wall.

It was recorded live. The mic he was using was too muffled.

• Like 1

It was recorded live. The mic he was using was too muffled.

Well I hope if we do get a Live 2017, it sounds more like Live 2012 than this.