🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
ColdplayingfromKansas

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

Aaaaah! So exciting! Just watching the trailer I am in complete aw! And all the activity here on Coldplaying is really fun :)

The thing that sucks is, I doubt it will come to a cinema near me. I live in Iowa and it's kind of considered Nowheresville, USA.....oftentimes, things that are released "worldwide" do not come anywhere in Iowa. I'd bet that the closest cinema to me will be Omaha, NE which would be a 2.5 hour drive and I can't pull that off on a Wednesday night.

I know it said something about releasing on Amazon Prime Video but I am old-fashioned and would rather have a DVD (and we don't subscribe to Amazon Prime)....do you suppose they will release a DVD of it? If so, anyone have a prediction on how long it would take a DVD to come out?

Either way, the documentary is going to be so amazing to watch!!!!!

I honestly think it's going to be a Prime Exclusive for a bit, but I think we will see a DVD release at some point. Maybe a collectors type edition with a live album and full live concert.

• Like 3

I am hoping for bluray with enhanced audio options like dolby atmos or at least truehd. prime is nice but the quality, particularly audio, will suffer compared to bluray - and with it being a documentary about a band with concert footage audio quality is fairly important.

• Like 2

uhhh wtf, I'm not in an English speaking country but that language will do just fine thanks.

SAME. I'm glad to have learnt that here in my town the subtitled version is going to be showed according to the info on the Net.

I am hoping for bluray with enhanced audio options like dolby atmos or at least truehd. prime is nice but the quality, particularly audio, will suffer compared to bluray - and with it being a documentary about a band with concert footage audio quality is fairly important.

I have been looking into Atmos for a while and if this came out with Atmos, I would definitely be getting a new sound system!

I don't like the fact that it's an exclusive for Amazon Prime streaming at first. I think I'll wait until it's released as a DVD...

• Like 2

I have been looking into Atmos for a while and if this came out with Atmos, I would definitely be getting a new sound system!

If you do it up right it is outstanding. I honestly have no need to go to a theater anymore. my home theater, in many ways, can sound even better since it is calibrated correctly.

• Like 1

SAME. I'm glad to have learnt that here in my town the subtitled version is going to be showed according to the info on the Net.

in the cinema? because it looks like other countries won't get it on Prime until the local language versions are available (which I pray aren't dubbed because I'd rather die than listen to that lmao)

in the cinema? because it looks like other countries won't get it on Prime until the local language versions are available (which I pray aren't dubbed because I'd rather die than listen to that lmao)

Same ! The Supersonic documentary seems to be dubbed in German here, according to the trailer - I mean that's great for people who don't understand enough English but I hope you can also choose to hear the original !

If you do it up right it is outstanding. I honestly have no need to go to a theater anymore. my home theater, in many ways, can sound even better since it is calibrated correctly.

Yeah I have heard so many great things about it. I currently have an older surround sound system and I would like to upgrade, but I can't justify buying an all new system when the one I have works.

I mean, it's going to be screened here on 14th November evening as I've noticed in the schedule of the local cinema. The original version, not dubbed, with Czech subtitles. I hope this is true after all!

Same ! The Supersonic documentary seems to be dubbed in German here, according to the trailer - I mean that's great for people who don't understand enough English but I hope you can also choose to hear the original !

dubbing is honestly a terrible invention. I mean it's useful for people who can't read for whatever reason but that's all. Subtitles ftw

• Like 1

Random, but what's weird is I have been reading Matt McGinn's Roadie book and had just read a few days ago about Guy saying that EXACT thing to Chris about Fix You. So cool to see that moment he mentioned!

• Like 5

I mean, it's going to be screened here on 14th November evening as I've noticed in the schedule of the local cinema. The original version, not dubbed, with Czech subtitles. I hope this is true after all!

yes that will probably be true, but you won't be able to get it on Prime on the 16th because they apparently assume we all don't understand English lmao what

• Like 1

I mean, dubbing has its uses (if it's done well, that is). For languages I don't understand, I do prefer dubbed versions because it feels more natural that way. Also, I know from first-hand experience that for many elderly people who need a bit for their eyes to focus, subtitles come and go much too fast for them to be able to read them.

• Like 1

I'm sick but once I watched the trailer I screamed outside, pain or not! AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THE RELEASE DATE IS A DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY DHSHSH

• Like 5

"Only two more concerts for the end of Coldplay".

What a moment in the trailer...

We are so lucky!

• Like 3

Where can i find out where it's playing?? One website shows a theater about 25 minutes from my house, but i don't know if i can trust that...

• Like 1

This is great news, but will there be a live cd

or audio of the soundtrack or any concerts?

Not sure yet, but hopefully! As of now we just know that there are three live tracks to be released on streaming services.

• Like 2

This is great news, but will there be a live cd

or audio of the soundtrack or any concerts?

As of now, the only announced audio recordings will be three live tracks exclusively on amazon music. “Stayin alive” w former bee gees, “us against the world” new longer version, and “don’t panic” sung by will and Jonny (I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

"Only two more concerts for the end of Coldplay".

What a moment in the trailer...

We are so lucky!

I know right?! That was intense and we are very lucky that they didn't let those stressful moments break them.

• Like 2

7ed08c319962a6a78076baffeddd4c2c.png

Has anyone noticed that the posters and promo stuff has the classic old Coldplay font!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If anyone is looking for quick info on everything we know/that's confirmed:

- Film will be shown across the globe in theaters for one night only on Wednesday, November 14th

- Tickets go on sale next Friday, October 19th although there may be some sites already selling them. Check coldplay.film for tickets next Friday if you can't find any yet. You can also sign up for alerts from Fandango for showings in your area.

- The film will be available to stream exclusively on Amazon Prime in the UK, US, Australia, & New Zealand on Friday, November 16th. No other countries/regions have been announced at this time, but other languages will become available globally soon after.

- With the launch of the film on Amazon Prime, three live tracks will be available to stream only on Amazon Music. You will be able to stream them on Friday, October 26th. The tracks are Stayin' Alive (Live at Glastonbury), Us Against The World (Live in Leipzig), and Don't Panic (Live in Paris). There may be more to come, but nothing is announced at this time.

So, important dates to remember:

- Friday, October 19th: Ticket sales begin

- Friday, October 26th: 3 live tracks become available to stream on Amazon Music

- Wednesday, November 14th: Film is shown for ONE NIGHT ONLY at cinemas across the globe.

- Friday, November 16th: Film is available to stream EXCLUSIVELY on Amazon Prime.

As for a full length live concert/full DVD release, that is unconfirmed at this time. Hopefully we hear more about this soon. Personally I can't picture this not getting a physical release at some point in the future. Maybe a collectors or special edition type thing with multiple discs of the live concert (video & audio). Time will tell, but for now this is all we know. It's been a long wait guys, but we finally have a date and this looks absolutely incredible. Behind the scenes footage spanning their 20 year career? Yes please!

• Like 7