A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

My most prominent sensation after watching the movie:

NaxFTua.gif

I thought I have finally reached emotional detachment from this band

I WAS WRONG

WHAT DO I DO WITH THESE IRRATIONAL EMOTIONS CONCERNING 40 YEAR OLD DUDES

*screams into pillow*

So yeah, spoilers ahead n stuff:

Yeah well anyways, my highlights were Chris only dressed in a towel, the band taking a piss out of Phil in the studio, some random naked butt and the general insight of the early bands life. I mean, I already knew a crap load of stuff because I basically inhaled EVERYTHING in the past few years about Coldplay, but there still were some nice new footages and personal little films that made this film really nice and intimate :D

GOOD FILM WOULD WATCH AGAIN 10/10

• Like 8

I just went to watch it w/ my dad at our local cinema.

What can I say. Such a special documentary. Loved every minute...so much footage from their earlier years that I never got the chance to see (even scraping around channels on YT)!

I love this band.

• Like 4

I loved it! It was honest and funny and inspiring. I could have done another two hours.

I kinda have the feeling now that we are missing out on lots of great songs because they are never released.

Just a small note to the Dutch cinemas: please don't ever put dutch subtitles to Coldplay songs again :joy:

• Like 5

I

Just a small note to the Dutch cinemas: please don't ever put dutch subtitles to Coldplay songs again :joy:

OMG SAME, the German subtitles were ridiculous! XD

• Like 1

Btw who else got teary eyed when they saw the little piece of paper written by Guy,Jonny and Will saying

"We love you xxx

Jonny, Guy, Will"

that was taped at the backside of some instrument on stage, and adressed to Chris so he wouldn't feel anxious on stage?

SDLJKFHÖSDKF MY HEART WASNT READY

• Like 12

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

[spoiler=Clocks]

Isn’t weird how there was a clocks promo trailer for the movie yet there was not even one mention for that song!

Also it was a bit frustrating that one song was never shown being played entirely in full live (apart from AHFOD), but instead there were these cross-timeline radio radio radio edits for the bangers the band played. Like GPASUYF in the extra content - that was a really good start of a song...

• Like 4

I dragged with me a friend of mine to watch the movie. He isn't a fan of Coldplay at all but he was my best company after breaking up with my Coldplay fan girlfriend.

I was waiting for some mocking commentaries coming from him, but he surprised me for the best. He said something so right about the film:

"besides getting to know the background process of the band, the film spreads a bigger message. And that is the message of friendship". He was right.

• Like 7

Also, I asked the staff at the movie theater to give me one of the posters but they didn't do it. Bad people. :(

• Like 1

I was enjoying it up until the part where they start talking about the Viva la Vida album. Everything from there seemed very rushed, especially compared to everything before that. Mylo Xyloto hardly even got mentioned, which I was really gutted about.

[spoiler=The end of the bonus footage]I'm guessing right at the end when they're talking about a special edition or something they're talking about their NEXT ALBUM!

I had the EXACT same thoughts about

the Viva and MX bits. Felt like it wasn't divided up evenly. Especially with MX. They spent like what... 30 seconds on it? Wish we could have seen more but I'm still very pleased with the film overall!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just finished it and I don't know what to feel. I can't tell if it was great or horrible or anything in between. Watching it was probably the most intense two hours of my life. It's very rare that you get to see the very origins of something huge and trace it to present day in twenty years but it's all sped up into less than two hours. I feel dizzy like I truly did travel in time and it's just left me dead in the middle of the week just starting to figure out adult life and college. Basically at the same place they were at the beginning. I don't have the slightest idea of what I'll be doing in twenty years and I'm sure it will be nothing close to that impressive but this just was a reminder that someday with all this technology I will see old videos of myself from 2018 and it will be something I might get some of the same feelings from. Can you tell my favorite movie is Boyhood yet?

• Like 6

Thank you so much for all your lovely messages. I had a difficult day, new in hospital and very distraught about missing the film event. I was upset and angry and cried a lot but now I've come to terms with it. I just watched the Mat Whitecross Q&A instead (thank you for uploading it on Youtube, @coldplaykb !) where a question of mine was picked. The interviewer's reaction to the username made me laugh :D

I wish all of you who have seen or are yet to the see the film today a wonderful experience !

@coldplaykb - turns out I do have internet in the hospital, so I might actually take you up on your kind offer of sharing a Prime account login ! This would be awesome !!

Glad you are feeling optimistic! And I had a huge smile on my face when they mentioned you on the Q&A. That was funny!

And I actually made a separate Amazon account to distribute to people who don't have Prime. Hopefully it works in different regions. I'll send you a message with the login info and you can let me know if it works.

• Like 1

I am so sorry @I ran away . I feel so badly for you and hope that you are not in the hospital for too terribly long. Thinking of you!

I too won't be able to see it because the closest cinema to me that is showing the movie is over 2 hours away. Not possible for this mom of 3 on a school night, this particular week. We don't do amazon prime, either. I pre-ordered the Butterfly Package so I'll just try to stay away from any spoilers until I finally get to see it on Dec 8 (the day it's scheduled it arrive).

The silver lining of that is, we will have a new large-screen TV by then and I am hoping that the movie is the first thing I get to watch on it!

In the meantime, my Life in Technicolor book is supposedly out on the FedEx truck and about to be delivered :):):):):)

Anyhow, I really hope that you are okay and I am thinking of you.

Hi, I have made an Amazon Prime account specifically for people who don't have Prime. I'm not a hundred percent sure if it works yet but if you want, send me a message and I can give you the login information.

If you want to wait for the DVD to watch on your new TV that's fine too :) Just figured I would offer in case.

• Like 2

Watching it was probably the most intense two hours of my life. It's very rare that you get to see the very origins of something huge and trace it to present day in twenty years but it's all sped up into less than two hours. I feel dizzy like I truly did travel in time and it's just left me dead in the middle of the week just starting to figure out adult life and college.

I feel the same way! It was a very emotional ride and I just feel like I don't know what to do with myself right now. I've been a fan for about 13 years now and I just saw their entire 20 year history in 2 hours. Dizzy is a good way to describe it.

• Like 2

I just finished watching the film and I am finally to a point where I don't have tears in my eyes.

I consider myself on a scale of one to ten a solid eight fan of Coldplay, but learned so much I never knew! The humble beginnings were really great. It gave me a sense of pride knowing I love this band. I'll gladly take flak for being a fan.

Will Champion has always been my favorite member of the band. This film solidified the why in very emotional terms.

The death of his mother and subsequent dedication of Parachutes to her.

His departure from the band (which I had no idea that happened)

The note the other members wrote to him taped to the stage. I cried.

My only issue and maybe it was on purpose...

There was ZERO mention of Clocks. No, this is how we came up with the song. No mention of how big that song became. None. It is my favorite song. Any genre. Any artist. Ever. That was the song that hooked me to the band.

*sigh* I can forgive that. I love these guys! No matter what. They'll be the only musical act to give a me who, what, when, why & how to every song. Please watch it and leave in love with them all over again!

• Like 6

What a film!

I am really out words.

I am so grateful for being alive at the same time that this band and that they keep giving us so much!

I feel I have to watch it many more times to get the grasp of it. Mat and his team did a fantastic job.

My interpretation on the rush of the Viva, Mylo, and GS eras is that this will be the first film with a focus on the Parachutes, AROBTTH, and X&Y.

It would be fantastic if someday they put out that seven-hour version.

The part after the credits speaks testament of the vast material available, and that deserves to see the light of day.

Today, I am grateful for this band and all the team around it. Eternally.

• Like 5

What an amazing film oh my gosh!!! I loved it! I think we can talk now without worrying about spoilers. I agree that parts of things were left out, but I could see how they feel like they already talked about MX a lot during Live 2012 and maybe didn't need to do it again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Chris say sometime in the past that Coldplay would never do a deluxe album thing because they don't like charging fans to buy the same thing twice?

it's just left me dead in the middle of the week just starting to figure out adult life and college. Basically at the same place they were at the beginning. I don't have the slightest idea of what I'll be doing in twenty years and I'm sure it will be nothing close to that impressive but this just was a reminder that someday with all this technology I will see old videos of myself from 2018 and it will be something I might get some of the same feelings from.

The only part of the movie when I felt like crying was when Chris talked about writing a letter to himself at 17 because I can relate to what you just said!

• Like 4

Also, it would be great to have a theater full of people as passionate as the people on this website because enthusiasm was lacking in my theater. I was the only one in a Coldplay shirt, and my friend and I were the only ones with xylobands and love buttons. Denver needs to step it up!

• Like 4

Spoilers...perhaps.

Very emotional experience, that film. Took me back to hearing Yellow for the first time while listening to radio 1 online as a lad living on the east coast, USA, some 17 years ago.

It's astonishing that they have been making this film for 20 years. Honestly, unbelievable and I'm so glad I can watch it again on Amazon Prime. There's literally so much there.

I was also surprised about Clocks not being mentioned. They left the door open during the part focussing on "making it in America," yet left it alone.

Honestly fascinating. I felt the same euphoria after watching that I did after seeing them in concert several times through the years. The bits about the X&Y era always sadden me, as that was such a significant time in my life, and that album means so much to me (still). Even with the difficult season they went through, it makes it even more significant to me knowing their hardship, suffering, and finally, perseverance, brought a product that was moving and formative to me in many ways. Perhaps, one day, I will have the opportunity to tell them of the impact of their art, even when they hated so much of its final product. In many ways, this film inspired me to "never give up."

• Like 9

Well I am so glad this film came out and to have finally seen it after all this anticipation. I assumed in my small area that I would be one of the few in the theater, but I walked up and they said "try to find a seat, if you can't we will show it again later in the evening"- the place was packed! So great to see the passion for Coldplay still high. Luckily I found a seat.

It was so cool to see all the background stuff and behind the scenes in the studio and whatnot, but I was still left wanting more.

-To echo some people on here, my first takeaway from the film was absolutely zero mention of Clocks. That is my favorite song of all time, of any musical artist and it didn't even have a mention. Many, especially outside of our fandom, consider Clocks to be Coldplay's signature mark on musical history.

-I like the heavy focus on X&Y and the bands buildup to that era and the crossroads they hit.

-I was really disappointed that there was not more of VLV era included.

-On that note, MX had like a 15 second mention it felt. Would have loved to see more of that and Brian Eno's impact.

-I thought the band sitting down and deciding the AHFOD track listing was fascinating.

Overall, it was a clearly a monumental task to put together this film and whittle down all that footage into a 2 hour story. I appreciate that Mat decided to try to focus on a theme (friendship, starting a band, etc.) rather than just document each album. However, I would much prefer to someday see a behind the scenes focus and how the songs originated and evolved for each album.

Having said all that, it was truly amazing to watch this film and Mat did an excellent job. I will be watching again. And again.

• Like 9

I agree^ I just saw the film. I didn't learn as much as I expected too, but it really brought out the personalities of each band member (especially Chris) and the struggles that the band faced. So surprised they didn't mention Clocks or spend more time on the Viva era. I think I am obsessed with their songwriting process and how the songs come about, which they didn't cover in depth, leaving me wanting more. But I definitely loved the film

• Like 5

Just saw it. Loved the footage from the early years. I wish we could get that first cut that was like 7 hours long. Seeing how "The Scientist" was created was incredible. Teared up when Will wrote that note to Chris and at the end with the AHFOD speech - such powerful moments. I was really expecting a behind the scenes for Clocks and Paradise though. Together with Fix You, VLV, and Yellow, they are the band's quintessential songs.

• Like 3

What a film!

[spoiler=Some highlights]

Never knew there was an EP before Safety. When will that get released?!?!

A clip of Ode to Deodorant over some of the early footage!

Video of a rehearsal with Chris and Jonny playing Careful Where You Stand

Charlie Brown accordion version!

Clip of Prospekt’s March from a soundcheck, couldn’t decipher which tour it was from though

According to the credits we got snippets of two unreleased songs: The Race and Vitamins!!! Will have to dissect those once the DVD comes out.

Did anyone else notice that in one of the clips during the credits, they were recording background vocals for Solid Ground?

• Like 2

SPOILER****

Can we discuss Malibu 2017?

• Like 2