⭐️DISCUSS COLDPLAY'S RUMOURED UPCOMING ALBUM!🪐
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

I hated the idea of transforming the old songs. Why would I wanna listen to Paradise and The Scientist with different arrangements etc. I like it the way it is. It's just does not make sense. Just look at R.E.M. as they are rearranging Monster for the album's 25th anniversary and Coldplay can do that for years to come but it should not be a new album. I think (and hope) that this idea will not see the daylight. (Pun intended)

• Like 2

Greg James just spent a good few minutes on radio 1 discussing the teaser over the weekend and Chris performance but unfortunately no new info

• Like 2

How the heck did he get the album already?! Is there some sort of Coldplay illuminati club that I'm missing out on? because it seems that way....

It does seem that way :(

I hated the idea of transforming the old songs.

I would also hate that!!

But what about those songs that have turned black and white like Aliens, Yellow etc. ?? It might be these songs are their favourites and will appear on an album 'Best Of '?

• Like 1

How the heck did he get the album already?! Is there some sort of Coldplay illuminati club that I'm missing out on? because it seems that way....

Clearly seems to be the case, and the people who are a part of it can be the most random of folks... like, the first person to say that LP6 would be called Ghost Stories was a random passenger who happened to be on the same flight as Chris.

• Like 2

I'm right here [ATTACH type=full" alt="9393]9393[/ATTACH]

vintage cping smileys :heart::heart::heart: :dazzled:

The suspense is killing me.

LP8, in my opinion needs to really be a palette cleanser. It seems in Coldplay’s universe nowadays “experimental” does not mean a Kid A (or even a VLVODAAHF for that matter) It means what genre of bland, aneurism inducing rubbish modern chart music Coldplay is going to ape this time.

From the very little we have seen from the artwork and tiny twitter snippet it’s looking good . I seriously doubt we’re going to get any sort of acoustic, post Brit pop, limestone rock but at the very least we might get some classical arrangements in the vein of Viva/jazz elements.

For the love of God please no more collaborations.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

So we have a double album!

It may be called: "Everyday life" with parts: "sunrise" & "sunset" out 22nd of November!

Hopefully it is not fake.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2

This letter is confusing, is the expirimental album called Everyday Life were the first half is called sunrise and the other sunset? Is one of the supposed two albums called sunrise and the other sunset? Or is the supposed second album not happening and instead we're getting a double album?

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

This is so sick!

LP8 - Everyday Life: Sunrise - Nov 22, 2019

LP9 - Everyday Life: Sunset - TBA 2020

LOVE IT!

Edit: Also this confirms those song titles: "Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life" are indeed THREE song titles instead of one.

• Wow 1

This letter is confusing, is the expirimental album called Everyday Life were the first half is called sunrise and the other sunset? Is one of the supposed two albums called sunrise and the other sunset? Or is the supposed second album not happening and instead we're getting a double album?

Looking at the practice of musicians who released this year similar kind of double albums, it will probably mean something like "Everday Life. Part 1: Sunrise", "Everday Life. Part 2: Sunset".

Goodness, that's a flaming surprise to get such a letter in the mailbox O_O

• Like 3

woah. now that's a new way of announcing an album!

The way I understand it, it's a double album called Everyday Life where the first disc is called Sunrise and the second disc is called Sunset

• Like 7

This is so sick!

LP8 - Everyday Life: Sunrise - Nov 22, 2019

LP9 - Everyday Life: Sunset - TBA 2020

LOVE IT!

To me it sounds like both are coming on Nov 22, 2019

• Like 9

That letter is gorgeous, am loving this new era! Also - fantastic news!! Can’t wait. I’m feeling more and more optimistic by the minute.

• Like 6

interestingly the person who received this letter thinks it's fake

edit: I think it's real because Everyday Life was one of the song titles in the website source code and I can't imagine a troll being so hardcore they'd follow all the rumours and leaks and then pen a whole ass letter to a random fan

• Like 7

To me it sounds like both are coming on Nov 22, 2019

Exactly how I read it. "Double album... One half sunrise the other sunset... it comes out 22 November".

• Like 2

woah. now that's a new way of announcing an album!

The way I understand it, it's a double album called Everyday Life where the first disc is called Sunrise and the second disc is called Sunset

That's the way I decipher the letter as well. Both Sunset and Sunrise come out 22 November :) :)

• Like 4

Where can I send Coldplay my address? So, you know, they could send me stuff

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That’s very interesting but still doesn’t answer the question as to what the album will sound like.

The 100 years thing is definitely a head scratcher.

• Like 4

Yep, a double album is one release. Two CDs in the same package.

If this is legitimate..... How excitiiiinnnggg!!!

• Like 4