🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

But seems like he isn't up to date with the supposed leaks we've been getting, judging by his reaction to whatever name they said.

He couldn't be completely up to date with all the leaks two days ago when the video was made.

Whatever the name of the song somebody mentioned was, it seemed to be a real name. But Chris was not offended or angry about the leak, which means we'll soon have the setlist or at least the names of one or the other songs.

• Like 1

When the Tidal thing start?

10 mins

He couldn't be completely up to date with all the leaks two days ago when the video was made.

Whatever the name of the song somebody mentioned was, it seemed to be a real name. But Chris was not offended or angry about the leak, which means we'll soon have the setlist or at least the names of one or the other songs.

He definitely wasnt happy though. he seemed a little disappointed. How would you feel if something you worked on for 4 years got leaked by some clown on social media? He's obviously not gonna come out and say that especially at a charity event, but again i ask, how would you feel? Hes only human and supposedly we're his fans, so how is that a way to treat your idols? Basically taunting him to his face about how he knows the name already,

• Like 5

Watch them send out the first single to a few fans on gramophones or something

Or by carrier pigeons.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Anyone able to watch the Tidal event? Coldplay haven't officially been confirmed, right? We're just assuming they might be the "special guest" or whatever?

If you're desperate, you can sign up for a free trial and stream the event. Yes, only speculation so far they might be a special guest.

If you sign up, do remember to turn off auto-pay/subscribe so you dont get dinged for the next month.

edit, see two posts down

• Like 1

With all this hype, I totally forgot about the Tidal thing.

Fairly certain the band won't perform. Guy posted on Instagram from Amsterdam today and I feel like if you've got one of the biggest bands in the world lined up for a good cause, you'd advertise it. I'll stay tuned for the Star Wars trailer instead.

My two cents. Everyday Life sounds find to me, love that it's a double album and hope it's a long one closer to Arcade Fire's Reflektor , which is over 80 minutes long, vs. just a 50 minute album composed of two short ones.

I think its obvious that "Sunset" will be the darker album, perhaps referring to climate change, inequity, poverty, war, sadness, hopelessness etc while "Sunset" will be a more upbeat, colorful, optimistic record about hope and togetherness. Life Is Beautiful literally has a "old song on the radio" and a "new song on the radio" so maybe it will be in that vein. i'll be really curious to see how cohesive the two albums sound. Like will one be rock and the next pop? Will they both have middle-eastern/worldly influences? Truly we're in for a heck of an era!!!

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

Got a tip from reddit: on top of having some youtube videos go black and white, the thumbnails also have the sun and moon emoji as well. I cant verify if that was new, this is the first time i noticed it or took a closer look.

[MEDIA=reddit]Coldplay/comments/dl9upq[/MEDIA]

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/dl9upq/the_thumbnail_for_yellow_has_been_updated_with/

• Like 5

Got a tip from reddit: on top of having some youtube videos go black and white, the thumbnails also have the sun and moon emoji as well. I cant verify if that was new, this is the first time i noticed it or took a closer look.

[MEDIA=reddit]Coldplay/comments/dl9upq[/MEDIA]

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/dl9upq/the_thumbnail_for_yellow_has_been_updated_with/

I noticed it the first time they changed! XD of course knowing I check their video views every single night, how could I not notice it.

• Like 4

I’m really wondering why the YouTube videos were selected could it be that one of the duel disc are just remaking of these songs ? I dunno my brain is spinning I want all info now lol

Ps : I can’t figure out how to change my name on here ?

• Like 2

I’m really wondering why the YouTube videos were selected could it be that one of the duel disc are just remaking of these songs ? I dunno my brain is spinning I want all info now lol

Not sure theres an option, but maybe ask [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] to work his magic. I vaguely remember it was possible before, but that was probably under an older, previous version of the forum

• Like 1

You can't! That's your new born name as a Coldplayer and can't change! Ever!

JK, don't know how to change it o_O

• Like 1

Not gonna lie - although I was only able to go to one concert (due to it always being sold out in previous years, too far away, or not enough funds at the time) and ordered from the merch site once, I still looked for a letter in the mail. :blush::relieved: A girl can dream, right?

• Like 7

Quick question off topic (sorry): what app can I use in iOS to read and write in the Coldplaying forum? I tried Tapatalk but it did not work.

Thank you!

Hi All. Wow I haven't posted a comment on here for a good 10 plus years. Super excited for the double album. Anyway think there could be a chance of Wedding Bells appearing. Noticed when Chris performed this he said it's the beginning of a story that starts sadly. Wondering if this could appear on Sunrise or Sunset?

I thought about that when I saw "wedding band" on the poster... it's still unlikely to show up, though. It appears the song was reworked.

Yeah I'm still stumped in that regard. Maybe the songs aren't being reworked and they just wanted to continue the black-and-white trend from the posters or allude to the darkness of a solar eclipse, perhaps the barren white and gray of the moon? Or there's a story told when you listen to each song sequentially, like someone said in this thread a number of pages back. And that forms the basis for a narrative that will be expanded upon by LP8?

Or we're overthinking all of this. :joy:

• Like 1

If I get a double album with reworked songs I’ll be really annoyed.

But looking at the letter it doesn’t sound that way.

• Like 3

Tracklist also leaked on Amazon we get 16 Songs!

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

Somehow I keep waking up in the middle of the night to Coldplay news.

Tracklist and album art?!

Wonder what that blank is...first gut feeling is it's an emoji, like, perhaps:moon::sunrise:

• Like 4

Tracklist also leaked on Amazon we get 16 Songs!

Where? I can’t seem to see it on amazon.

• Like 1