🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Don't know, maybe I'm absolutely biased and wrong but I think Jon wasn't just joking about tweeting once in 1911 4 years ago, actually, his first tweet was in 2011; now I have a strong feeling that they've been rummaging around implementing the idea of XX century past + present connection since around MX era lol Well, maybe it's just now that everything looks suspicious and connected :laughing:

• Like 4
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coldplay Twitter posting article about Everyday Life being a potential contender for the Grammy's album of the year, which would be nominated well over a year the album came out... not sure if it's el

Happy to report that half a year later I'm completely over that lack of interest in these songs and Everyday Life is a masterpiece to me that I still play comparatively often !

The other day I received a physical copy of the Japanese edition of Everyday Life. I was surprised to discover that it was different from the regular version, which I had purchased before, in another

Posted Images

It's quiet strange that there's no song of Ghost Stories, while every other album and EP is represented. (Could be looking over something though?)

EDIT: And yeah I'm thinking that half of the album is reworked and half is new, but I'm trying to find a link between the "leaked" tracklist and the b/w videos.

Midnight On Spotify

• Like 1

This is exactly what I was thinking, I love the leaked amazon titles, I’m not too keen on the cover art because it just seems like a rehash of AHFOD! It’s cool nonetheless, I think it has a great style. It’s just that if it’s real, it’s very... derivative.

Well, it will look like this anyway because that's Pilar Zeta's style with gradients, metal textures, astronomical symbols (clocks for countdown included), some likeness in picking the fonts, so goodness knows, maybe there was a purpose to preserve signature style with all of that because, maybe. her usual abstract artstyle doesn't go with music at all, who knows.

• Like 4
I'm still not wholly convinced by the tracklist. If it's official, why would one of the spots be left blank--even if it supposedly is a sun/moon emoji?...

I think the tracklist we saw, with the blank track etc,, wasn't the final version.

Also it looks a bit too short for a double album.

Eight tracks per CD, unless every track is running at least 5 minutes but I think that's unlikely.

• Like 1

I think the tracklist we saw, with the blank track etc,, wasn't the final version.

Eight tracks per CD, unless every track is running at least 5 minutes but I think that's unlikely.

I'm thinking the same. Kaleidoscope EP's first tracklist was different from the final version.

-All I Can Think About is You

-Something Just Like This

-Miracles 2

-A L I E N S

-Hypnotised

It was like this but later they changed the name of Miracles, SJLT to Tokyo Remix and Hypnotised to EP Mix. And even Coldplay announced this tracklist. So I think the one in Amazon is not the final list. Even it is for now band can change it later like they did for Kaleidoscope.

• Like 7

Reflektor only had 13 songs as double album!

• Like 4

I haven't seen a single post about this in the past week after I came out of my Coldplaying hiatus but what if we get hidden tracks again? In which case there could be more than 8 songs per each side of the album, maybe even 9 or 10.

I seem to recall them saying something about not doing hidden tracks ever again after X Marks the Spot but then again, they could have changed their mind.

I'm thinking the same. Kaleidoscope EP's first tracklist was different from the final version.

-All I Can Think About is You

-Something Just Like This

-Miracles 2

-A L I E N S

-Hypnotised

It was like this but later they changed the name of Miracles, SJLT to Tokyo Remix and Hypnotised to EP Mix. And even Coldplay announced this tracklist. So I think the one in Amazon is not the final list. Even it is for now band can change it later like they did for Kaleidoscope.

It looks like they would have less than a month to change things this time around. But then again as long as there is time and as long as the label hasn't made them settle on something for the purpose of the physical release, they could conceivably still switch the order around as they please and even change track names...

• Like 3

I can't see this album being anything but new songs (except Arabesque). If it was just a mashup of old songs, it wouldn't work. Roadie 42 specifically talked about how Coldplay needs an album to fit together musically, whereas he said if it was 9 soft songs and 1 heavy metal track, it should be the best songs that make it, regardless. I don't think that mindset has changed.

• Like 2

Even the music snippet that came with the poster wasn't their own music but that of a film long ago.

I'm sorry and I'm not trying to single anyone out, but I have to respond to this since I'm seeing this a lot.

The music is NOT the same. Please everyone listen to the two pieces again. Just because it is both a sequence of violin notes doesn't make it the same. I've listened to classical music a lot in the past and the two pieces are just NOT the same.

• Like 4

Reflektor only had 13 songs as double album!

I don't know Reflektor. What's the full running time of this?

Usually a double album would be around 90 minutes.

It would be amazing if Coldplay's new tracks will all be 5 minutes or longer

(I have some doubts, but of course let's wait for more official information).

• Like 1

I'd be down for aspects of the 8 greyed out songs being integrated into new material without necessarily being reworked. Borrowing a lyric or a melody here and there? If it fits in the context of the song, I won't really think of it as not being inventive as long as other aspects of the song do something new. Just don't cram so much old stuff into a new song that it starts to feel like a rework rather than something new.

It's like what someone said a couple pages back about the last U2 album Songs of Experience borrowing bits and pieces from its predecessor Songs of Innocence. Two songs on the former each borrow an entire chorus from previously existing songs. Yet, in my opinion... it works. The difference here is that these would be Coldplay songs across the band's whole career.

This is the only way I’d like the band to use old songs. I want new songs, not reworks...

• Like 1

[uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] sorry if this has been asked, but since you had some info before the amazon post, is the song title you saw on that amazon list? it would help direct us as to whether its real or fake since we're collectively unsure.

• Like 5

I like it... the sound quality is dreadful, but what I can hear is fresh. Is that a mandolin or a freaking banjo I hear?!? :eek:

I can't seem to hear a banjo, but clearly other instruments we haven't heard from Coldplay yet. I hate it that the clip is cutted around the 9th second, but this is "better than nothing".

Something I wonder: Do the people of Coldplay (marketing, social media or maybe the bandmembers themselves) lurk here on the forums?

• Like 5